Dark Souls 3

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
980ti here and no problems at all. Flawless, 60FPS with no dips so far.
I have just a 950 gtx and 1080p high details is no issue, but solid 60 FPS is a no go. maybe 45-50

Oh I see this game is supposed to crash a lot? Didn't have any so far, picked the warrior

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
First are secret/spoiler:

The dragon can be scared off with the long bow you find and about 50-60 wooden arrows depending on your aim. In the tower with the bonfire on top of it you can see his ass from the little courtyard, can shoot 2-3 arrows in to his tail area for ~45ish damage each then run inside before he can burn you. Once he leaves there's a claymore and a dark battleaxe up there, both of which are crazy good.
To add...

You can stand in the doorway of that tower (where the knight spawns) and shoot him from there with no flame breath. Its not a bad way to farm a little too. He'll scorched all the baddies in the area and you get souls/items.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Thoughts so far (tutorial through first area):

• Enemies in this game are fast. Really fast. Died to the first enemy in the game because I did not expect him to move so fast.
  • Had a lot of fun clubbing that crystal lizard but sadly, I don't think I'm up to beat him yet.
  • I hope these black sludge snake explosion things aren't in the game for a long time. They're annoying and look lazily designed.
  • The shortsword is absolutely amazing. If my depth perception was better, I'd use it, but gonna go with the longsword for now.
  • The knights in the full armor with the shields are SO FAST! Hardly feels like Dark Souls when I fight them.
  • That dragon lmao.
  • Vordt was really easy. Not that I'm necessarily complaining, as he's the first real boss in the game, but I was hoping for a better fight than just "hit him when he stops flailing."

Enemy attack tracking in this game might be as bad as DS2
What, you think they should just freeze in place and let you walk out of their attacks? Those dudes with the axes don't mess around. You gotta roll!

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Thoughts so far (tutorial through first area):

Had a lot of fun clubbing that crystal lizard but sadly, I don't think I'm up to beat him yet.
Leezard....

Crystal lizard isn't too bad, just watch his attacks and dodge. I beat him before the first boss, he gave a few thousand Souls and a Titanite chunk.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Pro-tip: holding down on the D-Pad will automatically take you to your first item slot (estus by default). Same with spells

axeman_sl

shitlord
Liking it so far, but it feels harder than both DS1 and DS2. Especially harder than DS2. The kind of shit you encounter in the first post-tutorial area puts both Undead Burg and Forest of Fallen Giants to shame. The mobs are so brutal and unpredictable, and hit really hard even against heavy armor (which can't be upgraded in this game, so that's not the issue). I'm having more trouble with High Wall of Lothric now, after playing DS1 and DS2 extensively, than I did with FoFG when I first began playing Souls games with DS2.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Leezard....

Crystal lizard isn't too bad, just watch his attacks and dodge. I beat him before the first boss, he gave a few thousand Souls and a Titanite chunk.
If I was using my DS4 it wouldn't have been bad, but I was using this crystally asshole to get accustomed to the steam controller. I think I died 5 or 6 times lol.

khalid

Unelected Mod
You really need to do more than just pick a config, If I was buying dark souls 3 at launch I could publish one. The issue is - you still need to go make sure the rotational settings, and zones of the face of the haptic and the sensitivity fit your individual handsize. If people really want a crash course in some of the settings I'll type more. I could publish my dark souls 2 config - but those things don't get any traction if its not one of the first to get popular, and I'm honestly not sure if you can just share configs, have to google that. If you treat the haptic pad like you would the OCD of dialing in mouse sensitivity for Quake or CS it will give back ten fold.
I appreciate the help, but that just sounds kind of absurd to get up and running with it. All of which would probably have to be set up differently for each game.

Anyway, doesn't matter since game keeps crashing when I approach first bonfire. Worst Souls.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yes, the need to heavily customize the controller for each game, which requires you to be familiar enough with the controls already to do so, which means youve already been playing the game with another controller instead, is the one big hang up I have with the steam controller.

Its a fantastic and completely superfluous controller in a universe where xbox controllers have been the standard for over a decade.

Also, take off you clothes and turn lighting down to low, see if that doesnt fix the crash till they patch it.

The issue is with lighting interacting with cloth on the character model supposedly

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So the big complaints I had after beating DS2:
. Didn't like the environments, it just seemed like one shit hole after the other instead of grandiose and incredible landscapes like they were in DS1
. Thought the game got very formulaic
. Most of the engagements were more irritating than difficult.
. Didn't like the effigy mechanic

How do those complaints stack up against DS3?

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Leezard....

There's a way to stun him. I never figured out how to reliably do it. It just seemed if you hit him enough(2-3 attacks) after he did one of his big attacks he would run out of stamina and you could riposte him.

I like that with NPC's that use shields you just can't right strafe anymore. They have very effective shield attacks now.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Not far enough to say mostly.

Its faster than any previous entry, slower than bloodbourne.

Probably more formulaic than bloodbourne but that is because its dark souls not bloodbourne.

I like the first couple of areas but cant speak beyond that.

Its far more challenging once you leave tutorial area than 2 was.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
landscapes are definitely back

I haven't noticed any mechanic punishing me double for repeatedly dying, if that's what you mean by the effigy mechanic

Cookpot enemies are definitely more irritating than hard though