Dark Souls 3

Fedor

<Banned>
Ok so how do I actually annoy this dragon enough to get it to fly away? Dropped 99 crossbow bolts into it and won't move.
I think you need to do roughly 2k damage and you can shoot at his left paw for decent damage without worrying about missing.

You can also have two stacks of different bolt types equipped.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
is there a %life i have to get it to? its under half after dropping 99 bolts into at 20 damage a pop
Almost dead, something like <20% or maybe <25%. It's hard to judge, plus when you're shooting at the claw from underneath you don't actually see the hp bar unless you swing the camera.

2k or maybe a little more sounds about right since I used close to 60 bolts at 36-39 dmg each.

Can probably cut the number of bolts just about in half if you use the knight xbow that I suggested.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
ahh ok, i found that spot where you can shoot it from right under the door and hit him point blank. Thanks

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah was about to say, I shot him in the chin from underneath at the doorway

Fedor

<Banned>
You get a large titanite shard. If you get the other one that's in firelink then you can upgrade a weapon to +4 really early.

Vorph

That would require making a decision though!

(I was still using a +2 fire broadsword up until when I killed the abyss watchers and got the weapon I'm going to use forever... derp.)

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Weapon arts have raised my weapon indecision exponentially. Right now I think I have a +2 deep axe, +3 butcher knife, not sure what I want to do with my build or my weapons.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm in the same boat, i want to upgrade my butcher knife for sure but i need to make sure i can 1-hand it first lol.. still a couple str off since i've been building for quality.

Highest is a +4 Uchigatana atm though so i've kept my dex a little higher than my str

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
been going with this +4 great machete with heavy infusion. abyss walkers just got pooped on by it.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Just got two Dark Swords and now I'm even more weapon-confused. They seem awesome.

Edit yeah ok gonna be heavy dark sword +2 for now lol

Vorph

I solved that dilemma by going no magic/no arts. Farron Greatsword just has Parry as its art, which costs no FP to use.

Still have to choose a fast dex weapon for backup though. Probably whatever the best katana that can be infused (sharp) is.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Getting a bit tired of doors that don't open from this side, or locked with no sign of a key. It feels like I have to start keeping a journal of doors I've left unopened and need to return to later. There's like 2+ of them in every fucking area, including the goddamn tutorial.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
If it says its locked, there's a key for it somewhere.

If it says blocked from the other side, its just the exit hole for a shortcut, and you'll open it eventually.

axeman_sl

shitlord
I know that, but sometimes you don't get the key until you're several areas further in. The amount of doors one has to remember to go back for is a little silly. They aren't always just shortcuts that you open five minutes later, and the key isn't always obtained in the same area.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Right, I just mean at least you don't have to remember the doors that you know are just an exit hole for a shortcut, instead of having to remember all of them.

I started over today because I realized I had screwed up a side storyline quest that I want to do (the Hollow questline).

Without spoiling anything for anyone else, don't heal the darksign until you've exhausted the NPC who gives it to you's special gift. You'll know when that is because a new NPC will appear near where the other one is.

Vorph

Without spoiling anything for anyone else, don't heal the darksign until you've exhausted the NPC who gives it to you's special gift. You'll know when that is because a new NPC will appear near where the other one is.
Pretty sure you don't want to heal the dark sigil ever. Removing Hallowing is ok (I think).

Yuria leaves immediately if you heal the dark sigil. Also, you have to get all 5 levels from Yoel prior to killing Abyss Watchers or else you lose the rest and the quest breaks.