Dark Souls 3

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Chopping away at the tree bosses nuts wasn't something I enjoyed at all. Chalk that shit up to Japan thinking it's fun for some god awful reason. Just wtf..

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Now to figure out if its best to stick with fire enchant or go to one of the physical ones so I can cast dark weapon, a testing I will go... I think I preferred Dark Souls 2 in how I could just cast weapon buff on whatever I wanted, but I am admittedly quite naive to how all this plays out atm
Fire enchant doesn't scale at all, so it's definitely not something you'd want to stick with for very long. It's great for getting to SL45 or so while spending all level-ups except the bare minimum to equip a weapon in stats like end/vig/vit, but past that point you should have enough str/dex/whatever to make a scaling weapon easily more powerful.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone else having massive performance drops and outright freezes in the Cathedral fo the Deep?

And can you buy infinite shards and large shards somewhere?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Anyone else having massive performance drops and outright freezes in the Cathedral fo the Deep?

Merchant lady in firelink starts selling unlimited shards once you feed her enough ash. Haven't seen a source of large shards yet.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You get so few souls in this game, I am level 55 after 20 hours and I did not excessively lose souls or buy items.

Handmaid charges 800 souls for a single small shard, that's 9600 just to get to +3. I don't get why they doubled it.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
No performance issues here in Cathedral. Quin, it seemed like the soul income didn't really accelerate until the Irithyl area. At that point casually picking up 20, 30, 40k souls seemed normal and there were a few good farm spots.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The early legs should be hand to mouth and bootstrappin' your way to a basic build.

Working as intended, imo.

Souls really aren't limited, its not like shit stops respawning. You can farm literally hundreds of thousands of souls just killing the five knights at the end of the first area repeatedly spawning at either the bosses' bonfire after killing him, or the initial bonfire and running down after opening the shortcut. All it takes is time.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Uncle Ut making progress. Dog Down. Tree Down. Now I am trying to cross this bridge and getting my but kicked by the dudes holding the pots in front of their chest.

Time to remember the old days of pulling in EQ.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Uncle Ut making progress. Dog Down. Tree Down. Now I am trying to cross this bridge and getting my but kicked by the dudes holding the pots in front of their chest.

Time to remember the old days of pulling in EQ.
WTF - I've already passed that area and never killed a dog or a fucking tree. I've killed the first boss knight and some magic boss and am now getting punished by these guys past the skeletons.

And that, is exactly why I love this game. Probably the best trilogy ever for someone like me (sadist). World design, mob design so far has been really fantastic - the developers of these games deserve some awards...

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Draw them out one at a time, and get them to toss the pot at you as you back away.

Then they'll pull out the saw and are easier to deal with.

axeman_sl

shitlord
It's definitely way less generous with the souls than DS2 was. Feels more akin to DS1. In DS2, enemies in the second area gave like 500 souls each and you could be level 70 a couple of hours into the game. Here, enemies give like 30-50 souls and you don't get tens of thousands for consuming boss souls. It seems the typical level people finish NG at is 80ish. In DS2, if I didn't waste souls, I could be level 170 by the end without doing any extra farming besides maybe the dwarf dudes in Door of Pharros to get enough chunks for my first fully upgraded weapon.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
WTF - I've already passed that area and never killed a dog or a fucking tree. I've killed the first boss knight and some magic boss and am now getting punished by these guys past the skeletons.

And that, is exactly why I love this game. Probably the best trilogy ever for someone like me (sadist). World design, mob design so far has been really fantastic - the developers of these games deserve some awards...
What I enjoy about this game is it's a little less linear. Like after the first boss and you're up on Lothic there's multiple paths and you don't know which way is the 'right way', if there even is one. In DS2 there were multiple paths in the beginning, but really once you started going that way it was very linear.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

Haha sweet how did you get there? I went from the firelink Shrine to the first area via travel (The only other one that was open) and then found the Dog boss, after that I was taken away by Gargoyles to a new segment.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Draw them out one at a time, and get them to toss the pot at you as you back away.

Then they'll pull out the saw and are easier to deal with.
Awesome thanks
smile.png
Time to monk pull. Also where can I find a bow?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They cut all Lances from the game?

Not even the "Lances" being used in the road of sacrifice can be dropped?

Catacombs
while there is no damage benefit to Blessed weapons, I am stunning even the scary skeletons with a single hit, and by stunning I mean to the point where they collapse on the ground and I can hold+strong attack for a mass damage finisher. Much stronger than just "they stay dead" from catacombs in DS1

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I'm not sure you'd call it a lance but there are dudes with what appear to be sharpened telephone poles in one of the swamps.

Yes, swamps plural. Fuck FROM.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm

You can buy large shards from the maid in Firelink after a certain point.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not sure you'd call it a lance but there are dudes with what appear to be sharpened telephone poles in one of the swamps.

Yes, swamps plural. Fuck FROM.
Yes that's what I meant, road of sacrifice. However, they don't drop it.

They're actually using lance attacks from previous souls games with their poles.

And what's wrong with that swamp? You always move at max speed and there's no poison