Dark Souls 3

Lenas

Trump's Staff
PS: I haven't had to repair anything, ever. Is Durability even working?
Bonfires repair your weapons automatically. The only time you need worry about weapons breaking is if you're using a low durability weapon in long stretches without bonfires... Like a no bonfire run. But then you can just jump off a cliff anyway I think, which would only be a problem if you're doing a no bonfire/death run.

Btw, are there any rewards for those runs like in DS2?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Bonfires repair your weapons automatically. The only time you need worry about weapons breaking is if you're using a low durability weapon in long stretches without bonfires... Like a no bonfire run. But then you can just jump off a cliff anyway I think, which would only be a problem if you're doing a no bonfire/death run.

Btw, are there any rewards for those runs like in DS2?
Oh ok awesome
smile.png

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I use the dog boss bonfire as an easy way to reignite after death. Combine that with the guaranteed ember and it is an easy place to jump instead of wasting am ember.

That being said. Fuck every single person that grabs three low level summons and the points to the Dancer as the reason for the summon. Not only did they spoil that boss for me but they have to know that they are summoning characters that are hoping to help kill the first boss. I now accept them, run to the fight with them, and then wait in the corner until they die. Fuck them in their retarded asses.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I use the dog boss bonfire as an easy way to reignite after death. Combine that with the guaranteed ember and it is an easy place to jump instead of wasting am ember.

That being said. Fuck every single person that grabs three low level summons and the points to the Dancer as the reason for the summon. Not only did they spoil that boss for me but they have to know that they are summoning characters that are hoping to help kill the first boss. I now accept them, run to the fight with them, and then wait in the corner until they die. Fuck them in their retarded asses.
Just use the Black Separation Crystal to unsummon yourself once they start running that way ~

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Much more gratifying to watch them die when they think you're going to help. Even if they are good enough to win you're making the fight much harder just by being in their game. Fuck those guys.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah I got that boss spoiled by reading up on getting a better weapon.. I invited it upon myself, but still the guide just threw it in like "OH YOU CAN KILL THIS BOSS THATS REALLY FOR LATE GAME LOL HERES THE BOSS"

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Dancer attacks were so slow and telegraphed. For about half her life she just ran around a circle while I strafed left and sliced her ass. I did it right after the previous boss fight so was probably being extra careful, b/c fuck two bosses in a row.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

This pissed me off so much. I wanted to grab some embers for some upcoming battles and this is a great place to farm for them. Then they run up the hill to fight the other boss. At first I thought someone just attacked the old lady in the chair, only to find it is an actual boss fight needed to progress.

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
Items in game reference Drangleic. I wish this was the case though.
Do we even know what the chosen undead did once Gwyn was defeated in DS1? You can either choose to rekindle the flaming, extending (permanently?) the flame, or to abandon it and usher in the age of dark.

In DS2/3, the cycling of ages of dark/fire has been mentioned, so wtf even happened with the chosen undead? Did he rekindle the flame, but now it just cycles instead of dying out?

khalid

Unelected Mod
Dancer attacks were so slow and telegraphed. For about half her life she just ran around a circle while I strafed left and sliced her ass. I did it right after the previous boss fight so was probably being extra careful, b/c fuck two bosses in a row.
I'm having all kinds of problems with phase 2 myself. Phase 1 is easy as shit, phase 2 just kills me over and over. I can avoid most of the damage but if I try and do damage I get fucked on.

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
I think Bloodbourne ruined me. For DS 1 and 2 I went sword and board. Now I find myself rolling around all the time like a circus clown.

For those further into the game, do you find one style to be better long-term? Should I just play this game BB-style, or would it be beneficial for me to re-train my twitch reflexes and go back to sword and board?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I'm having all kinds of problems with phase 2 myself. Phase 1 is easy as shit, phase 2 just kills me over and over. I can avoid most of the damage but if I try and do damage I get fucked on.
There is a pretty good opening after she does her 7-hit spin combo thing. So it was really just a lot of patience in waiting for her to do that. Alternatively you can use those pillars that don't break, she can still swipe you through them but really has a hard time navigating around them.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Shields are fine for normal enemy clearing but are essentially useless in I think every boss fight I've done so far.

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
I am really digging PvP so far. I spent all day saturday and sunday ONLY invading and pvping in the swamp. SL45 with about 20 pale tongues. Really halted my game progress but man its just so fun.

So many QQers on reddit and other places about the pvps, from both the invader and invadee sides.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Most intense moment I've had in game so far included my brother and I fighting off 5 invaders in a row in that damn Aldrich area. Was so fun.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I think Bloodbourne ruined me. For DS 1 and 2 I went sword and board. Now I find myself rolling around all the time like a circus clown.

For those further into the game, do you find one style to be better long-term? Should I just play this game BB-style, or would it be beneficial for me to re-train my twitch reflexes and go back to sword and board?
I am doing both.