Dark Souls 3

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
some fashion souls

main dex pyro reincarnate ala DS1
mq3MSoS.jpg

lvl 30 twink pvp alt
16cosil.jpg
Your characters look like they listen to a lot of Linkin Park.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yeah I said back in BB that that weapon rendered all others meaningless. WAY WAY overpowered. The Ith? straightsword you get at the tower bottom early on is sort of on the same level, in terms of being busted. I keep coming back to it despite really WANTING to like weapons like the Judgement GS or spears.
Weapon viability in general in this is pretty bad. Straightswords are the obvious S+ tier of weapons, with dark sword probably being the top of that pile based solely on it having the only really varied moveset among them. There's a small handful of usable ultra greatswords and great axes, spears are still good for PVP, and the lol estoc of course, but other than that? Nearly everything else is pretty garbage tier.

Plain greatswords in general suck noodles, but even within them they are all even more garbage compared to the exiled greatsword. Not even sure why the others exist when Exiled just dwarfs them in AR and has the same moveset/reach. Only thing even close to a downside is how heavy it is, but that barely matters. Hollow slower is sort of usable for pve with the hollow damage bonus and it has a nice poke on its R2, but everything else? Dumpster fire.

I don't think there is actually anything viable to use out of the whole pile of daggers/curved swords/dual weapons/maces/axes/whips/fists is there?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hollow Carthus Curved Sword is very good. It's even better than Anri's when combined with a Hollow Lothric Knight Shield. Similar AR, but it has a 42 bleed which does ridiculous damage when you put rouge on it too. Anri's is still better against skeletons and anything else that is immune to bleed of course.

BK great axe, glaive, lothric knight spear, and the estoc are about the only other top tier weapons I can think of.

Re: Fashion Souls -- Outrider Knight Armor > all.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Lol maybe and I'm not a Linkin Park fan but consider one alternative

Is anime/weeaboo shit worse?

I'll soon lose count of all the sage hat wearing katana wielders I've dropped

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Lol at the dude blocking the door with the greatshield in that video, ogre wall memories.

Also the drang chestpiece looks pretty sweet.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Closing in on beating this, dunno if I'll get it done tonight or not, but gonna give it a solid shot.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Yeah, I'm really close to beating it as well. Is there any reason not to? I'm not at all ready to move on to NG+, but beating the game doesn't close any doors, does it?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Except for locking you out of the other endings besides the one you get, no, not that I'm aware of.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Naw you select NG+ from the bonfire just like DS2, you can dick around all you want.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Only up to farron keep, haven't had too much time to play. So far the game does feel easier than previous entries but I've heard it gets harder. Still just using a straight sword and shield which is disappointing. Wanted to go 2H but they all suck.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Only up to farron keep, haven't had too much time to play. So far the game does feel easier than previous entries but I've heard it gets harder. Still just using a straight sword and shield which is disappointing. Wanted to go 2H but they all suck.
I don't think any of the bosses so far are harder/easier than other Soul games but some of the normal mobs/Mini-bosses are insane. Tons of 300 degree attacks, high poise, and just super agro enemies that have 4-6 hit move sets.

These guys in particular can go fuck themselves.
rrr_img_131679.jpg

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Three things.

First, wtf? Get more time, fgt.

Second, wtf? I was under the impression you were my Bloodborne bro, what with your frequent claim to shieldless Bloodborne brohood.

Third, wtf? Tabulated lists communicate more authority when bullet points are added, so here's another.

Fourth -- druuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunk

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
I don't think any of the bosses so far are harder/easier than other Soul games but some of the normal mobs/Mini-bosses are insane. Tons of 300 degree attacks, high poise, and just super agro enemies that have 4-6 hit move sets.

These guys in particular can go fuck themselves.
rrr_img_131679.jpg
Oh, yeah. If its any consolation, that section of Irithyl Valley and the caves in Smouldering lake are the hardest areas in the game, and by fucking far.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Three things.

First, wtf? Get more time, fgt.

Second, wtf? I was under the impression you were my Bloodborne bro, what with your frequent claim to shieldless Bloodborne brohood.

Third, wtf? Tabulated lists communicate more authority when bullet points are added, so here's another.

Fourth -- druuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunk
Yeah sometimes i run a 2H but they seem terrible especially all these mobs I'm finding with infinite poise. Of course bosses are app 2H but I was planning on main handing a 2h sword rhe whole game. They're all pieces if shit so far though

khalid

Unelected Mod
2Hers are not garbage. They all give you extra range, are more likely to break blocks and stagger more enemies than 1handers. Also, plenty of them do more than enough damage to beat the game easily. Of the two that I used, both +10, the Exiled greatsword does beastly damage and the Zweihander throws enemies around with a hilariously large arc.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Most 2 handers scale nicely when you change them to heavy, they go from D to B , and can still be buffed by poisons etc.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Realistically 90% of the game can be beaten handily with an upgraded straight sword and a bow, it's just kind of boring that one of the first major weapons you get ends up being the hands-down best in the game 4 the non player-vs-player stuff anyhow. The frostbite sword you get early on has basically been the weapon that wins every fight for me I'm just tired of using it and would like to use some of these other cool looking weapons with other movesets for a change. I love this game a lot but the weapon balance issues and Camera stuff are the two major negatives it has.