Dark Souls 3

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well for starters, Demon's Souls had dedicated servers and Atlus kept them going for like 2 years past when they were supposed to be shut down. They also did events for pure white and pure black world tendency. I personally didn't like the way online play had an 'inertia' effect on your world tendency, but it was cool to be able to start a new character during a PWWT event and get the binded set 5 minutes into the game. It was something that needed improvement rather than just being axed entirely in favor of p2p connections because BN was cheap.

BN also switched over to Prima for the DS3 guide, and it's garbage compared to all the previous Souls/BB guides that were done by Future Press.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Atlus kept a server running, I agree that's cool. As to the guides, you shouldn't be buying them anyway. Reddit on day 1 of any game release is more up to date than a published guide.

Surely the world tendency system had nothing to do with Atlus though, they are just a publisher. FROM decides all the systems and mechanics.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
40 -> 41 endurance doesn't give one lousy stamina point

Uob7FNn.png

This is as good as it gets
frown.png

Vorph

Atlus kept a server running, I agree that's cool. As to the guides, you shouldn't be buying them anyway. Reddit on day 1 of any game release is more up to date than a published guide.
That's not true at all, and in fact the whole reason that wikidot and fextralife were updated so quickly in the past is because Future Press guides are so good. Wiki contributors don't source their own info, at least not day 1. They copy it straight out of the guide (and sometimes from Japanese sites, but those appear to be lacking as well). Guides only turn into paperweights and doorstops when From starts 'balancing' the game post-release. Take a look at the wikis today, over a week after the game's release. Equipment tables are still mostly filled with ?? instead of actual data. Stuff like stability data for shields is only just beginning to filter in, and more difficult stuff to test like magic adjust on talismans/chimes/staves is practically non-existent.

Surely the world tendency system had nothing to do with Atlus though, they are just a publisher. FROM decides all the systems and mechanics.
Atlus ran the servers and organized the events in the US. Plus the whole system only worked because they were willing to provide dedicated servers instead of p2p connections only.

40 -> 41 endurance doesn't give one lousy stamina point

This is as good as it gets
frown.png
Dark Souls 2 was the only game where 40 end wasn't the cap for 160 stamina.

Edit: I guess BB gave you 1 sta for every 6 end past that, but only crazy people went past 40.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
That's not true at all, and in fact the whole reason that wikidot and fextralife were updated so quickly in the past is because Future Press guides are so good. Wiki contributors don't source their own info, at least not day 1. They copy it straight out of the guide (and sometimes from Japanese sites, but those appear to be lacking as well). Guides only turn into paperweights and doorstops when From starts 'balancing' the game post-release. Take a look at the wikis today, over a week after the game's release. Equipment tables are still mostly filled with ?? instead of actual data. Stuff like stability data for shields is only just beginning to filter in, and more difficult stuff to test like magic adjust on talismans/chimes/staves is practically non-existent.

Atlus ran the servers and organized the events in the US. Plus the whole system only worked because they were willing to provide dedicated servers instead of p2p connections only.

Dark Souls 2 was the only game where 40 end wasn't the cap for 160 stamina.

Edit: I guess BB gave you 1 sta for every 6 end past that, but only crazy people went past 40.
Ok so I lied on the dagger I posted earlier. It's a rotten ghru curved sword. Slash effect spin slash move. It's plus six right now. 153+91 Dex is A and strength is E. I also have a black knight sword. And a host of others. Thoughts on that sword? Also looks like poison 33.

Just tested I can take out the jailers in four normal hits.

Vorph

Ok so I lied on the dagger I posted earlier. It's a rotten ghru curved sword. Slash effect spin slash move. It's plus six right now. 153+91 Dex is A and strength is E. I also have a black knight sword. And a host of others. Thoughts on that sword? Also looks like poison 33.

Just tested I can take out the jailers in four normal hits.
Well, +6 is cheap and easy, so I'd recommend trying some other things and see what you like. Dark sword, lothric knight sword, uchi/black blade, etc. My main issue with ghru weapons is that poison comes at a cost of base/scaling damage, and the poison really isn't doing anything for you in PVE. If you really like the curved sword moveset, I'm sure there's one that uses the same moves without the poison. Try falchion, carthus curved sword, or whatever.

Refined gems are rare until very late in the game, unless you get lucky farming the blue lothric knight outside Emma's room. So make sure you like a weapon's moveset before committing to the infuse, or else you'll be farming for a while to replace it. Same goes for chunks, you can't get them en masse until very late and even then they cost 13k souls a pop.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
this guide a good toilet reader? I saw the board game thing and will actually get it and I never get board games

edit: just got summoned as a blue spirit, nearly fell out my chair... (and won!)

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Well, +6 is cheap and easy, so I'd recommend trying some other things and see what you like. Dark sword, lothric knight sword, uchi/black blade, etc. My main issue with ghru weapons is that poison comes at a cost of base/scaling damage, and the poison really isn't doing anything for you in PVE. If you really like the curved sword moveset, I'm sure there's one that uses the same moves without the poison. Try falchion, carthus curved sword, or whatever.

Refined gems are rare until very late in the game, unless you get lucky farming the blue lothric knight outside Emma's room. So make sure you like a weapon's moveset before committing to the infuse, or else you'll be farming for a while to replace it. Same goes for chunks, you can't get them en masse until very late and even then they cost 13k souls a pop.
Ok sounds good. Thanks for the tips.
smile.png

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
the DS1 Guide from Future Press is great, DS2 one was great till they released SotFS, the Prima one is fucking garbage

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So Dancer down and I'm at 40 str 27 vig 20 end vit dex, heavy longsword +7. Basically the balanced minimums.

... do I take dex to 40 for weapon variety + some boost in damage with refined gem or 40 vit first for superior base defense and proper fashion souls!?

I'm thinking vit so I can be ready for havel's greatshield. My Black Iron GS already makes me feel like a god. Block once and rape has taken over the game for most trash.

I still need to go back and take out those two fucking sewer gators for the ring.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Not sure I'd ever bother with 40 vit. Armor is such crap in this game and poise is just about 100% useless unless you're going for hyperarmor on a heavy weapon.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Downed Yharm the giant. That was a FUN fight because of the additional mechanic. (Won't spoil it for those that have not reached it)

Got Aldrich down to 50% but died. Saturday is a huge gaming day and night. Before I get hammered at 6pm and run Rocket League and Overwatch all night, I am going to see if I can get as far as I can until then.

Then probably try and play it drunk and die continually at 2am once Loderunner passes out on me.