Dark Souls 3

DiddleySquat

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Finished it this weekend (except for Nameless King, still trying to bring him down before I start NG). Excellent game, as expected, BUT - not sure what I did wrong - I never encountered Patches, so never got Siegfried out of the well. Checked the spoiler for the quest line but couldn't find him at any alternative location either. Quests in general are so easy to break or lose track of. Same thing for Anri, never saw her again after the 2nd encounter in the Catacombs. You really have to fleece out the spoilers to figure out the quest line you're supposed to follow, as the dialogues are in true DS style:

"Greetings."

"He he he"

"Oh well."

"he he he he"

"We'll see."

"*sigh*"

"Until later."

"he he he he he"

Oh you mean I have tofind the invisible walkway to the hidden room before killing Aldritch but after Pontiff Sulhyvan then go back 3 zones and make a 'gracious bow' to the statue while carrying a torch?Clear!

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Not a vendor? Time for murder!

If the bloodborne sidestep isn't working for a particular enemy, don't use lock on and you can roll.

Also you generally want to set up one of two things. A parry visceral or an R2 smash. But if you trade hits, you can try to R1 spam your health back.

Basically, endurance to 40 along with every other damn stat...

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
So where can I put my wishlist for DLC?

Wanted: something to do with all these tongues and concords like a turn in of 300 for one of them sweet auras like DS2

khalid

Unelected Mod
What mongoloid idiot decided it would be a good idea to put in all the poison areas in DS1, DeS and DS2? That shit isn't fun, it isn't even particularly challenging. Harvest Valley wasn't hard, the boss was a joke and it was pretty short. However, the level design and poison encouraged me to just suicide to get all the good items and then sprint to the fog door to beat the boss. Definitely the worst zone experience by a long shot in DS2.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So you haven't gotten to the water then?

Also, lol @ poisonbite ring being at the END of the two poison zones. (skip poison pits and come back)

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
What mongoloid idiot decided it would be a good idea to put in all the poison areas in DS1, DeS and DS2? That shit isn't fun, it isn't even particularly challenging. Harvest Valley wasn't hard, the boss was a joke and it was pretty short. However, the level design and poison encouraged me to just suicide to get all the good items and then sprint to the fog door to beat the boss. Definitely the worst zone experience by a long shot in DS2.
They gotta follow the template. Have to have a poison area, castle area, fire area, etc. in each game apparently.

There is a poison area in DS3 and BB as well if you haven't played those.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Hour 35, level 46, can NOT beat Abyss Watchers. Lost track of hours and attempts. Not... giving... up...
For some reason, I do ok with the bosses in this game. It's generic trash NPC's that completely destroy me. Pontiff only took me a few tries but good christ, the trash in that town with the fire casters and their little minions, or the swordsman just thrashed me for the longest time.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Hour 35, level 46, can NOT beat Abyss Watchers. Lost track of hours and attempts. Not... giving... up...
Hey man keep going!!! Looks like your pace picked up a bit from the beginning.

Crone, this could be you!

I loaded DS2 last night and couldn't even remember where I left off.. finally figured it out but this game just "feels shitty" after playing DS3. Not sure if other guys are feeling that as well. It feels slower.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Hey man keep going!!! Looks like your pace picked up a bit from the beginning.

Crone, this could be you!

I loaded DS2 last night and couldn't even remember where I left off.. finally figured it out but this game just "feels shitty" after playing DS3. Not sure if other guys are feeling that as well. It feels slower.
As I mentioned when we talked in wow, I started the souls series fairly recently. But I agree, ds3 feels a lot more polished than 2 in many ways. Ds3 can feel more challenging, but not on the levels of bullshit that you get in 2. I can actually dodge in 3. Stuff would hit me regardless of when I dodged in 2.(fucking turtles, I'm looking at you) I would just have to make sure I was out of range, compared to dodging over or under an attack.

khalid

Unelected Mod
It feels slower.
Yeah, I feel the same way about DS2. I just switched back to DS3 after beating the smelter demon. The boss fights just all feel slow after DS3 and the combat just feels worse. Also, the world just seems less interesting. Maybe I'm spoiled by the better graphics of DS3, but I went back and played DS1 for an hour and I had to force myself not to beat it again. So I don't think the graphics are it.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Also, in world first news, after going around abunch of zones embered and getting invaded a bunch of times with Way of the Blue equipped, actually had a Blue Sentinel come in. Task Completed, good job bro! Trying to help the peeps out.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
I'm using Anri's for now. I respecced to a 50 luck build for farming. I know 99 is better for farming, but I want to retain some pvp viability. The issue on the pvp side is a) my build isn't optimized for it and b) I'm not very good at it.

If I go to catacombs to farm shackles, my issue is the circuit. From bonfire, avoid skelly ball, kill the two redeyes nearby, then run back, avoid the ball, respawn enemies at the bonfire, repeat ad infinitum. It's annoyingly complicated in comparison to run forward, rape two silver knights, run backwards. It's no longer a straight line, it's a longer path, and there's a rolling boulder to slow me down.

Fedor

<Banned>
The shackles drop from any of those curved sword wielding skeletons and there's actually a white eyed one further down that hall.