Dark Souls 3

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
The shackles drop from any of those curved sword wielding skeletons and there's actually a white eyed one further down that hall.
Is going forward from bonfire, taking a right, then immediate left into the tunnel still the best circuit? Just add the skeleton further down the hall?

Fedor

<Banned>
Yeah just do those 3.

I don't know how fast you're killing them but I would use a rusted coin while waiting for the ball on the way in, kill the three skeletons, and then the ball would almost never be in the way while running back.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Yeah, that's when I've been popping my coin. Nice drops on these enemies at the least - I'll have more embers and sharp gems than I'll ever need when I'm done. Definitely don't need the shards, though, as I capped them out then sold ~200 of each when I was done with Concord farming because I can't stand the inventory full message.

edit: and Carthus Rouges, too!

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Covenant farming is really, really hamstringing my continued interest in the game, but I think I'm about done. Concords and Sunlights are 30/30, Shackles 24/30, Wolf Grass 10/30 and the latter seems like a much more common drop than commonly claimed.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Covenant farming is really, really hamstringing my continued interest in the game, but I think I'm about done. Concords and Sunlights are 30/30, Shackles 24/30, Wolf Grass 10/30 and the latter seems like a much more common drop than commonly claimed.
Wolf was easier to farm offline than on, IMO. Shackles were WAAAAAAY easier to PVP for though.

(Speaking as someone who considered themselves shitty at PVP before this and was like 80% win rate or so in PVP) [On PS4 that is, FWIW]

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Wolf was easier to farm offline than on, IMO. Shackles were WAAAAAAY easier to PVP for though.

(Speaking as someone who considered themselves shitty at PVP before this and was like 80% win rate or so in PVP) [On PS4 that is, FWIW]
I'm doing Shackles online as well, but I'm well below 80% winrate and probably below 50%. My build is shit for pvp and I often get gangraped 3v1. I pretty much never get summoned into a fair fight.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm doing Shackles online as well, but I'm well below 80% winrate and probably below 50%. My build is shit for pvp and I often get gangraped 3v1. I pretty much never get summoned into a fair fight.
Remember for those "unfair fights" for shackles phantoms count at 0.5 (that carries over between summons!) and are weaker than the host.

I've played through once, but would like another go. Can anyone recommend any guides? I know almost anything works for builds, but I'd like to see some examples of different styles. Also a guide that shows quests etc so I don't miss stuff this time. Another thing I was a bit confused about was weapon scaling, what to infuse with, etc. DS3 is my first DS game so it's all new to me. Thanks in advance!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I tried to play DS2 but I don't think I can do it. I need to let the awesomeness of DS3 wear off before I can give it another shot. It's just way too jarring to go back and play DS2 - everything is worse; graphics, gameplay, bosses.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I think Dark Souls 2 combat is much more deliberate, Dark Souls 3 pace of play is much faster and, to me, is getting more into the Platinum Games type gameplay. My last Dark Souls 2 character was a Spear/Greatshield Quality Build and I ALWAYS knew exactly what I was doing against another opponent. The timing seems off to me in DS3. Plus I am slightly disappointed by camera tracking when i'm rolling. Camera gets stuck in rocks a lot. But I have been going through the Huge Cathedral and it is one of the best designed levels I have ever seen in a game. It's pretty gorgeous. I am playing a "quality" (since i do not fully understand that attribute changes yet) Axe/Shield combo. I just went ahead and infused a longsword with fire since the axe I found is a dark type .

Right now i still give DS2 the edge as my favorite "souls" game. But I did not play Bloodborne. I prefer my combat more deliberate and less chaotic. BUTTT im not done with it yet.

I also think I am missing some story, nobody really talks.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
One thing about DS3 that still bothers me a bit. In my opinion the lore behind DS3 is the weakest of the games (including Bloodborne even though it's lore made no sense to the sane but excluding Demons Souls which wasn't as lore heavy). It tries to build off of DS1 a bit with the return to Anor Londo and the mythology behind Gwyn but it really doesn't explore the Abyss or the Shards of Manus and the whole ash and cinder thing just got old after a bit.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
One thing about DS3 that still bothers me a bit. In my opinion the lore behind DS3 is the weakest of the games (including Bloodborne even though it's lore made no sense to the sane but excluding Demons Souls which wasn't as lore heavy). It tries to build off of DS1 a bit with the return to Anor Londo and the mythology behind Gwyn but it really doesn't explore the Abyss or the Shards of Manus and the whole ash and cinder thing just got old after a bit.
So this game is the height of the kindling? Or that it has gone on too long? I haven't examined it in detail yet. I was thinking it would be interesting to actually see the what the world is like when the darksign is gone the flame is at the height of its powers. I still do not have a sense of place in the game. DS2 was familiar because its the cycle. I don't really get why I am on fire instead of un-hollowed, with the world like it is it just seems change for changes sake. I get that the flame causes shit to go all chaos eventually.

I guess I really do not have a sense of place in the lore yet. It bothers me.

DrLifetilt_sl

shitlord
So i've been watching some Youtube playthroughs after finishing the game and of course i've missed a bazillion things including Archdragon Peak and Champion Gundyr. I don't think i managed to finish a single NPC questline. This is what bugs me with the Souls games, too much hidden stuff which can be very punishing for someone who wants to play blind. I mean, putting a boss fight behind an illusory wall? Really?

Otherwise a great game, probably will be GOTY for a lot of people. My two key nitpicks (other than the hidden stuff) is that a) at the end there wasn't much variety in the boss fights, it was basically a dodgefest against aggressive pissed off armored dudes one after another. Would have liked to see something different. That being said, the Creepy Bros fight was my favourite of the game. And b) pacing felt off at the end. Didn't have an issue with the overall length of the game, but a back-to-back boss fight felt kinda rushed, especially since it was already done previously with the Dancer.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Not sure if it is the latest patch or something else but there is some serious hitching now when I play. Used to be at a constant 60 now every couple minutes it drops to 10 for a a second or two. Tried lowering the setting and it didn't make a difference. Gave up trying to play after eating about the tenth easily dodgeable move when it stuttered.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Champ gundyr was by far the hardest boss for me. Most others I one/two shot, with the occasional three/four. Him? Like 12 attempts before I won. I finally beat this (school done for... 3 days) and I definitely noticed the weird hitching this morning. Only really messed me up hardcore on one of my Lord of Cinders runs, as it happened exactly at his lightning barrage attack. Otherwise it wasn't game-breaking for me. Ran with quality on a dark sword and it was fairly effective, as I didn't infuse anything and used a Lothric Straight Sword for the majority of the game.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I think Gundyr is where I finally did a grind so I could equip a greatshield, and leveled it up to get that last bit of block poise.

Also, chloranthy ring required.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
You can parry some of Gundyr's swing; for lack of a better description the reverse golf club swing attack seems to have the largest forgiveness window. Parry, two or three jabs and a visceral takes down about a third of his health.