Dark Souls 3

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
any early game soul farming methods out there? certain routines/areas running all the time, then resetting them.

the lowest lvl routine seemed to be high wall and it was like 1k souls per route

also if anyone knows of a quicker method via other avenues msg me

also anyone got a list of status effects and icons? i got this rope looking upside u under my stamina but cant fnid anything in gooooogle

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I just made it to
Anor Londo

And i still have no idea what is actually going on. Dark Souls 1 and 2 seems like an open book compared to 3. At least Shannolete said something besides "go collect souls".

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
any early game soul farming methods out there? certain routines/areas running all the time, then resetting them.

the lowest lvl routine seemed to be high wall and it was like 1k souls per route

also if anyone knows of a quicker method via other avenues msg me

also anyone got a list of status effects and icons? i got this rope looking upside u under my stamina but cant fnid anything in gooooogle
There's not really any good farming spots until much later in the game, but at that point I didn't really see the point in farming souls.

Are you having trouble with a boss?

radditsu

get that split damage dark axe dodging through the dragon fire and you are good for a long time. I imbued a fire longsword , and my main weap for now is a Butcher Knife.

khalid

Unelected Mod

The best very early souls farming is letting the dragon kill shit in lothric.

After that, the farron perimeter bonfire you can run and kill 3 demon dudes. It isn't a great deal per run (like 1k without any +souls gear) but the mobs are all facing away from you and so can do it pretty much no matter how weak your character is. Also really near a fire so the runs are very quick.

Probably the best xp for effort in the game is later, at the Distant Manor bonfire in Irithyl valley. In the lake area there is a tunnel filled with tentacle thingies. Even with no xp gear its about 10k a run. This place is great if you get stuck in the midgame with pontiff/dancer/aldric.

If you are going to do either of these or other spots, make sure and get the symbol of avarice. Just load up on undead charms, go to a mimic, hit it once and throw an undead charm. Do this a few times and you should get one. Makes a big difference in the long run.

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
Been using the Black Knight Great Axe for some PvE and mostly PvP. I think I have to stop using this thing it seems OP, I mean like, 2-3 shotting players in SL 70-90 pvp duels at pontiff.

My fav so far weapon so far overall is the Astora Greatsword, such a great moveset.

radditsu

I have seen some dude with what looks like a bleed bandit knife ruining the fuck out of PVE in that area. I went jolly coop on the two dragon dudes near the covenant guy down the ladder and he popped them in 5 seconds each.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Early farms?
First good one is actually coop on the tree boss. Even if the attempt fails, you rake in good XP from the trash mobs and people are always summoning help on that fight even during non peak hours. The graveyard before it is great, too, once you have the giant allied with you. Just lure shit out and let him dust it for you. Its kind of thin after that until you get to the post dancer stuff. Really, if you farm the tree a bit you likely don't need to at any other point until you want to start buying up mats at the end of the game. I have been replaying as a pure sorcery guy and have had to do next to zero farming, but selling off crap you know you will never use definitely helps speed things up.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I've gone apeshit with Giant Lord farming in DS2 SOFS and, well, the King's Ultra Greatsword makes me sad that using such a ridiculous beast in DS3 means either being the most patient dodge champion of the universe or getting a parry.

Related, Smelter 2.0 and Fume Knight both 2 shot. At least the DLC is a step up as people stated but, a lot of copy paste in these bosses. I had more trouble with Singh because you have to chase the faggot everywhere.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Heh I spoke too soon. Sir Alonne seems to be the blueprint for overly aggressive DS3 bosses. So was Fume Knight I guess, but I found him easier. One of those fights where its better to just ignore your health bar entirely than risk a heal (sta > all) Fun shit, except you can't train your way back because the mobs are too fast.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Bloodborne definitely had a gesture trigger with the minute long 'Make Contact' in front of mother brain.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Early farms?
First good one is actually coop on the tree boss. Even if the attempt fails, you rake in good XP from the trash mobs and people are always summoning help on that fight even during non peak hours. The graveyard before it is great, too, once you have the giant allied with you. Just lure shit out and let him dust it for you. Its kind of thin after that until you get to the post dancer stuff. Really, if you farm the tree a bit you likely don't need to at any other point until you want to start buying up mats at the end of the game. I have been replaying as a pure sorcery guy and have had to do next to zero farming, but selling off crap you know you will never use definitely helps speed things up.
I had a lot of ease farming right at the gates to anor londo. Silver Serpent ring, kill the three knights, run back to the bon. 2-3 minutes for 9k? souls. Was the only spot I consciously ground in during the game, though I only lost like... 20k souls? Total maybe. Experience from previous games always had me getting that down to as low as possible before I tried a fog door. And yeah, selling stuff becomes a pretty solid source of souls. Once you figure out what weapon you are using, you are absolutely drowning in shards/large shards by the midpoint. Just keep selling and boosting.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Sir Alonne was my most brutal fight in any Dark Souls game

Can't wait to see what DS3 DLC brings us

Diemess

I just started ng+++ to finish my last 2 trophies I need.
I need all the +2 rings and "The End of Fire" ending.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Best soul farming place I found was in archdragon peak right after the drake where the bell guy keeps summoning a knight. You can time it right and get a crit right as he gets up and then just keep him staggered. You can wear all the +soul shit (ring, shield and helm) pretty easy, it's like 7.5k souls per kill iirc and it's about 20-30 seconds per kill. The bonfire is like 5 seconds away too if you happen to die or need to replenish Estus from the helm.