Dark Souls 3

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Uchi is pretty damn good on my dex build. Hardest thing is getting good at parrying which really makes the weapon shine.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Real men don't use online crutches.

JK, it is just a completely different game with a helper along for the ride. Completely trivializes a lot of the mechanics that make the bosses "hard." Aldrich arrow rain mechanic is pretty rough solo, as you have to actively run away from it and usually away from the boss. Two players? One wails on Aldrich while the other jogs, cutting the fight length in half or more. Yhorm with 2 Stormbinders is not even a boss fight.

Funny. I had a ton of trouble with Aldrich using 2 people, always died to arrow rain. Solo I smoked him.

I pushed him off a ledge and took the sword, but man Uchigatana seems really hard to use in this game, not like the first at all. I'm also concerned about stacking my stats for bleed if it's ineffective late game. I might just go straight sword + shield for this first playthrough.

Ledge push is the best way to kill him. I used Uchi and then Washing Pole on my first DS3 char which was a dex build, and it worked great. Paired with an Asotra's Greatsword, it's the best UGS for dex characters. Both Sharp +10.

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
I also used Uchi for half of the game, and it was pretty bad. Mediocre damage, low range, and I had difficulty doing a 2-hit combo without doing a 3rd hit. That got me killed quite a few times.

Astora Greatsword, and UGS in general, is much easier to use for both PvE and PvP.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I also used Uchi for half of the game, and it was pretty bad. Mediocre damage, low range, and I had difficulty doing a 2-hit combo without doing a 3rd hit. That got me killed quite a few times.

Astora Greatsword, and UGS in general, is much easier to use for both PvE and PvP.

Out of all the builds UGS or Fume sword is by far the easiest to beat the game with, pyromancer is a distant second with sword and board right behind that.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I did pyro for one play through and strength with heavy maces for the second. I really liked the mace build. A+ would recommend again.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Alright so I've killed the deacons and abyss watchers, but Siegward has never shown up in the well, and Patches is MIA - I may have just decided to run off the ledge instead of talking to him through the door first. But I got the tower key very early on, so I can't remember. Am I fucked, or is it recoverable?

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Alright so I've killed the deacons and abyss watchers, but Siegward has never shown up in the well, and Patches is MIA - I may have just decided to run off the ledge instead of talking to him through the door first. But I got the tower key very early on, so I can't remember. Am I fucked, or is it recoverable?

Did you try going back into the tower?

If you killed the Decons it might be to late. Not sure.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Siegward should be in the prison now, hmm Patches if he's still around he will be near the "front" door, right side of church if looking from Deacons room. PS If Patches is at the church, Siegward will be around the area also, there is a well near one of the entrances that he's in, without armor..

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Yep. I'll check if Patches is still at the church, but Siegward is definitely not in the well.

If hes not in the well Sieg will be at the next location. I totally missed him the first time through at the well.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Siegward - Did you open the doors to Rosaria's bedchamber? I believe that is the trigger or the doors across from her.
Patches - He's supposed to knock you off the railing going towards Rosaria's. If he's not there then you need to buy the tower key from the old lady at Firelink and do that part, once you're out of the tower he'll be up on the 2nd level in the back of Firelink.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, I found patches in the Cathedral, saved Siegward from the well, talked to him at the fireplace, moved on down to the Irithyll Dungeon or however you spell it, and then sent Greirat off to plunder Irithyll Valley, where he died since I already went to the dungeon. Thanks Dark Souls.

I'm at Lothric Castle now, decided to break from the main storyline to see how much of the Painted World I can do, and I'm about a nut's hair away from taking on Friede. This area is a real asshole clencher, that bad armor motherfucker with the quakes going on was harder than Vilheim. I suspect Friede is going to take me awhile, hopefully not Ornstein and Smough "awhile."

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I think for Friede it's either you get it right away or she's a real bunch of bullshit. Really need to have quick camera work in my mind to track her invis attacks where she's most vulnerable.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you are not summoning other players, I would recomend also not summoning the NPC for Friede.

He adds to her HP pool, but does not really do enough damage or take enough hits to make up for it. He essentially makes her harder if you're not doing co-op.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I spent a few hours on her last night and almost beat her. I think the NPC summon is worth it, I've done it both ways and with a solid phase 2 he can last pretty much all of phase 3. It's hard though, like two hits from her and I die. I'm thinking I'm going to try a 30% weight build to see if that extra iframe is worth it.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The Demon's Souls servers were shut off tonight. It's an end of an era. Hopefully a remastered version comes out for that game.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
The Demon's Souls servers were shut off tonight. It's an end of an era. Hopefully a remastered version comes out for that game.

I really hope so as I never got to play it. Hearing the story of its creation though I don't have much hope.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Demon's Souls was alright, but too easy while at the same time being much more frustrating. I think the best thing Demon's Souls had going for it was the light/dark aspect of worlds.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user