Dark Souls

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I've got five friends who come over my house about once a month and we set up three teams and all play Dark Souls. The way it works is we're all racing to see who can beat all bosses first, but every time you die you pass the controller to your partner.

We also incorporate a drinking game to make this more fun, so we all take a shot to commence the game and then whenever you die you drink, whenever your partner doesn't retrieve your souls you drink and whenever a boss dies for the first time all teams that haven't killed it drink.

It started out taking these 16 hours sessions and but over time we've gotten it down to around four hours.

I'm pretty hype to do it with the remastered version next week. Glad to see Move Swapping and Soul Duping are patched out.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I wasn't hyped for this, and then I watched that Blighttown video.

Day 1 purchase. Let's prepare to die again.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I don't think my two buddies are going to get it but I already have it on order from Amazon.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Waiting for the steam page to go up or for however they are gonna let you "upgrade" the prepare to die edition ......

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So this is great for consoles but apparently it is a worse version for PC due to removal of original and fan patches.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So this is great for consoles but apparently it is a worse version for PC due to removal of original and fan patches.
Do you have a source for that? Most of the patches were to improve the terrible PC release. This remastered version shouldn't have those issues from the start, I would assume.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Would suck if they don't let you keep the original version, so ya, where did you hear that?

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For the other remastered games I own on Steam, Bioshock and Skyrim, I still can download the original version. You just can't buy the original port of Dark Souls anymore, but you can still download it if you already own it.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Sadly, Vaati got a sneak peak of the remaster a few weeks back and said there didn’t seem to be any major changes - just higher res textures. So, as stated above, for PC the remaster is probably actually worse than the original thanks to DSFix and other user patches.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
The original steam version will be removed by Bamco Asap. But if you already own it, you'll should be able to play it forever.
Also it's Bamco we're talking about, so i'm not surprised that it just a straight port of dsfix charged way too much.

Should be free for DS1 steam owner. Like Skyrim.

Nice scam, as usual with Bamco, this fuckers did the same with dark souls 2.

• 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
He has valid points if you are primarily playing on PC, but only because of fan made patches. On consoles hands down the game looks better and plays a ton more smoothly.

It is basically exactly the same game though. Which is what I expected and I am not sure why others were expecting a ton of fixing to a game that is already considered a flawed masterpiece. People would go insane if they did that.

If you play console pick it up. If you are PC you can skip it.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The original steam version will be removed by Bamco Asap. But if you already own it, you'll should be able to play it forever.
Also it's Bamco we're talking about, so i'm not surprised that it just a straight port of dsfix charged way too much.

Should be free for DS1 steam owner. Like Skyrim.

Nice scam, as usual with Bamco, this fuckers did the same with dark souls 2.
But dark souls 2’s goty had a ton of changes? New boss fights, more cohesive story, changed item locations.

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
In addition to enemy placement and what not. Its an entirely different game play wise. It also included expansions.

The remastered does come with the expansions as well.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
In addition to enemy placement and what not. Its an entirely different game play wise. It also included expansions.

The remastered does come with the expansions as well.
Ah yes, I'd already forgotten about enemy placements. I died an embarrassing number of times to, "I remember this part being super easy" then getting stabbed in the back by a new mob lol.

• 1Like