Dark Souls

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I know what you mean, I never thought I'd beat Bloodborne let alone plat it. I also count it as a Souls. Wish Sekiro were more Souls-like, still have to play that one.

Sekiro beat me, i traded it in unfinished. Its not the same, i did not feel the same fun of defeat and learning. I guess i never learned to parry well. I don't parry in games, i dodge. I should get gud.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Sekiro and Nioh (1+2) are all on my shortlist. I'll probably play Nioh first since it's more Souls-like. When Sekiro came out I thought it'd be a Bloodborne in Japan type game, boy was I disappointed. I'm also a dodger, not a parry..er.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Maybe I didnt give it enough of a chance. I didn't get all that far but there was lots of if they do this you have to do this etc.
Oh yeah I see what you mean, really had to know when to use what move. As you unlock more gear you get more options but really does come down to learn to parry. Bosses were puzzles, I loved every second of that game. The levels and locations were so damn good, couldn’t wait to see what wqa coming next. Pacing is perfect, that game moves along perfectly.

What I don’t like about any souls games is you need to have wiki open or miss really cool shit and major story. Looking at you embilical cords in Bloodborne. Sekiro is the worst about it, you need to do shit you would NEVER think of to see the real end boss etc.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I don't mind parrying. I did a full skills parry play through of bloodborne. I guess its the boss puzzle stuff I really didn't like.

Exploration is definitely a huge part of the series and missing stuff sucks. That is why exploration is so often rewarded.

Goonsquad Officer
i love sikero. it's a great game, but it lacks soulses ability to play the way you want. you MUSTplay as agile sword man. you can't be huge sword guy or rolly wizard.

as far as parry goes it's absurdly easy in sikero once you learn to it's gimmick. you basically just rapidly hit the parry button when you think you want to parry and you will. your little guy looks like he doe sa goofy dance but it works every time.

Istopped playing it for like a year, came back and now i can't even remember how to play. i may hav eto start over to reclaim my gud.

There's certainly some souls like "ultimate tribulation' fights you must pass to beat the game and you have to be hammered into gud shape or you can't win. It's been so long but i seem to recall the guy on top of the main tower , and the undead ape as being those sorts of fight.

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
i love sikero. it's a great game, but it lacks soulses ability to play the way you want. you MUSTplay as agile sword man. you can't be huge sword guy or rolly wizard.

as far as parry goes it's absurdly easy in sikero once you learn to it's gimmick. you basically just rapidly hit the parry button when you think you want to parry and you will. your little guy looks like he doe sa goofy dance but it works every time.

Istopped playing it for like a year, came back and now i can't even remember how to play. i may hav eto start over to reclaim my gud.

There's certainly some souls like "ultimate tribulation' fights you must pass to beat the game and you have to be hammered into gud shape or you can't win. It's been so long but i seem to recall the guy on top of the main tower , and the undead ape as being those sorts of fight.

Unfortunately the undead ape fight was spoiled for me so I know what the big tweest is. I'm sure that would have been a real shock in-action.

Isshin the Sword Saint is the big boss that I've heard absolutely owns people.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20210514_110134.jpg

Dark Souls 2 (regular) plat done, look at it there next to SOTFS. Was much easier than I remember SOTFS being, probably because I had a build in mind beforehand. Now I've got plats for Demon, Demon Remastered, Dark 1, Dark 2, Dark 2 SOTFS, and Bloodborne.

Next plats: Dark 1 Remastered, Dark 3, and hopefully Bloodborne remastered by then

Edit: NOT SO WEIRD NOW EH Hateyou Hateyou ?

Last edited:
  • 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Unfortunately the undead ape fight was spoiled for me so I know what the big tweest is. I'm sure that would have been a real shock in-action.

Isshin the Sword Saint is the big boss that I've heard absolutely owns people.
Loved all the souls games so far and also loved Sekiro. I beat all the bosses ( Including owl father dude?) but basically by the time I got to Isshin was like whats the point? I spent a few hours on him then never went back.

I do really love the speed/agile/grappling mechanic from Sekiro and the Art Direction + Feudal Japanness of it all is amazing.

I just wish Bloodborne would come to PC already :(

• 2Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They didn't C&C the Cinders mod for DS3. I'll be surprised if they do it to this one.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
PC only I’d assume?

How will this not get c&d’d?
I’d guess because it’s considered just another mod? It’s not something they’re making as a separate game and selling as such.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
da fuq someone is making a fan made dark souls sequel

Not gonna lie, this looks great. However for some reason I've never been able to get into any unofficial fanmade games. I really tried with some of the Super Metroid hacks, and the Chrono Trigger sequel (Crimson something). Just couldn't, they lacked the spark of their source material.

At least the Mother 4 fan-game has been renamed Odyssey (IIRC) and will get a real release as an "Earthbound-inspired" game like Undertale.

Hell I couldn't even get into the BS Zeldas and they were actually from Nintendo. Had a dream the other day that Ancient Stone Tablets was getting a Switch port with enhanced 2D-HD graphics, so I was finally going to play it. That'd be awesome. They're sitting on a gold mine by not remastering those old Zeldas.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Not gonna lie, this looks great. However for some reason I've never been able to get into any unofficial fanmade games. I really tried with some of the Super Metroid hacks, and the Chrono Trigger sequel (Crimson something). Just couldn't, they lacked the spark of their source material.

At least the Mother 4 fan-game has been renamed Odyssey (IIRC) and will get a real release as an "Earthbound-inspired" game like Undertale.

Hell I couldn't even get into the BS Zeldas and they were actually from Nintendo. Had a dream the other day that Ancient Stone Tablets was getting a Switch port with enhanced 2D-HD graphics, so I was finally going to play it. That'd be awesome. They're sitting on a gold mine by not remastering those old Zeldas.

The player "mods" are actually really good most of them Cinders/Scorched Contract are really great and use a lot of things that are in the game that was never used.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Started playing DS for the first time in my life and I'm pretty sucked in. I used a few walkthrough videos to get into it and now I'm just addicted.

Fuck

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
View attachment 353993

Dark Souls 2 (regular) plat done, look at it there next to SOTFS. Was much easier than I remember SOTFS being, probably because I had a build in mind beforehand. Now I've got plats for Demon, Demon Remastered, Dark 1, Dark 2, Dark 2 SOTFS, and Bloodborne.

Next plats: Dark 1 Remastered, Dark 3, and hopefully Bloodborne remastered by then

Edit: NOT SO WEIRD NOW EH Hateyou Hateyou ?
I just now saw this and noticed you posted it in mid May then edited it at the end of June to notify me. Yeah definitely not weird dude!