Dark Souls

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Are you on playing on PC Bisi? If so feel free to hit me up on steam brotha!
Multiplayer terrifies me

I'll be just minding my own business and somehow I allowed invasions and I'm suddently fighting red men

Also - I love DS1 so much more than DS3. It just feels better in every way. I think it's mostly the DS1 map I love. It was near perfect. With the exception of Lost Izalith which feels like a designer turd.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Multiplayer terrifies me

I'll be just minding my own business and somehow I allowed invasions and I'm suddently fighting red men

Also - I love DS1 so much more than DS3. It just feels better in every way. I think it's mostly the DS1 map I love. It was near perfect. With the exception of Lost Izalith which feels like a designer turd.

Lost Izalith was definitely unfinished.

I also love DS1 and its map / world design. It's the closest thing I've played to Super Metroid's perfect world layout since...well, Super Metroid. The way everything is interconnected is awesome.

Never played DS3, still saving it. I'm hoping it'll take the best elements of DS1 and Bloodborne and combine them. Hopefully I don't dislike it compared to DS1.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Being able to immediately warp between fires... Which are plentiful... Kinda ruined the sense of exploration in ds3 for me. I like having to take a moment thinking of how to navigate to a certain area versus lol warp brb.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Multiplayer terrifies me

DS1 is one of the best world designs in gaming history. It feels so much more like a world than the other 2.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I wish I could experience these games for the first time again. Need that Elden Ring already.

• 2Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
DS3 I'm running into a wall with the dancer.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Heian

Molten Core Raider
DS1 is one of the best world designs in gaming history. It feels so much more like a world than the other 2.
I work im game industry and I agree. DS1 is probably the best 3d level design ever. I was having a discussion with a friend who teach level design and we both agreed that Sen's Forteress was a master class in design. Right in the middle of the game, it's the choke point in DS1 where you are tested on all you skills.

• 2Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I work im game industry and I agree. DS1 is probably the best 3d level design ever. I was having a discussion with a friend who teach level design and we both agreed that Sen's Forteress was a master class in design. Right in the middle of the game, it's the choke point in DS1 where you are tested on all you skills.
One of the most memorable zones too. The first time through is a real trial.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Yeah Sen's Fortress is something else. I found Anor Londo right after it to be the big trial for me personally though.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I work in the law profession and I also concur that DS1 level design is quite good.

Those long armed tree thingies are like "oh holy shit wtf"

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I work in the law profession and I also concur that DS1 level design is quite good.

Those long armed tree thingies are like "oh holy shit wtf"
Sorry didn't wanted to be rude. I'm french Canadian and sometime my english lack subtilities. I was just saying it's something that level designer sometime talk about.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
DS3 I'm running into a wall with the dancer.
Assuming you are trying it solo, stability on a shield and high stamina are your friend here. Once you figure out which attacks need to be blocked and which ones have to be dodged, its just about patience and execution. I know its weak to dark magic, but solo it is kind of rough to get a window to use it. Also, I think you can drag the NPC summon from the other side of the entry walkway if you don't mind clearing the knights out each attempt. If you are a twitch god, you can also parry a couple of the attacks and get a massive opening that way, but the window is very narrow. Mainly, just learn the patterns and pick your openings. Do not get greedy, just get the hits you need and avoid the fucking skewer move at all costs.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Dancer down a few days ago. Now stuck at nameless King lol

• 2Like

sole

Molten Core Raider
Nameless King destroyed me until I realized the music was throwing me off on his telegraphs. Muted the audio and had him down in a couple tries.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Nameless King's not too bad if you play conservatively and keep running away and dodging until you see an opening you like.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Nameless king is not required to progress the game, so you can grind past him a ways until you get leveled up to where you want. As a mele, not getting hit with the skewer is essential in the second phase. Early part, you have to fight the camera to make sure the rider does not pop you when you are wailing on the dragon (they operate independently). A big two hander rocks in this fight, especially the MLGS or anything fire based, because you can stun the dragon and kill it really fast with one. This is a fight where you either have to have high stamina (need to be able to dodge often in the second phase) or just cheese it with magic.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Can I get some opinions on the difficulty scale of my remaining Soulsborne games? AKA rank them from easiest to hardest? I want to play more of these for Halloween but I want to start with whatever's easiest because I haven't played much of anything difficult in months.

DS1 is the only one of these that I've played previously, with the original version. Here's what I have left, rank away pls:

Dark Souls Remastered
Dark Souls 3
Nioh
Nioh 2
Sekiro
Code Vein

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Imo Souls games are somewhat hard to rank, because the more you play them, the easier they get. Like Demon Souls was super hard, and Dark Souls was hard but by Dark Souls 2, then 3 and Bloodborne, it all felt similar enough that the difficulty kinda disappears. You still have hard fights for sure especially if you're a bit rusty(playing them as they release) but it's really hard for me to scale them in any way.

From what I've hard, Code Vein is easier than a generic souls though. Nioh while similar still has some fair differences and I'd say it's easier for the most part too, there's less of an exploration aspect to it imo and it feels more arcade-y, the combat had a much higher skill ceiling though, like you can do some crazy stuff in that game. Nioh2 more of the same I believe but haven't played. Sekiro can't comment at all, it's next on my list but my list isn't really moving much cause I'm fucking lazy about playing through my backlog and I'm about to dive back into FFXIV for a couple months at least soon so that won't help. Hard it was hard, but it changes the formula quite a bit.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Code Vein was easy enough that I wouldn’t even consider it on a ranking list. It had very surface level souls aesthetic and systems but really wasn’t in the same ballpark functionally.

• 1Like