Dark Souls

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I fired up Dark Souls 2 -a few days ago for my first playthrough. Just doing warrior for starters and having a blast.

I only beat DS1 once so I can’t wait to go through this than DS3.
I am pretty excited for you. Wish I could experience those games for the first time all over again.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am pretty excited for you. Wish I could experience those games for the first time all over again.
I am dying a bunch to dumb stuff like falling and fire/poison because I am impatient but for some reason I’m laughing when I die. I’m becoming one of those characters.

What I love about these games is the music and aesthetic. I really feel like I am in this weird purgatory dimension.

Praise the Sun

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I am dying a bunch to dumb stuff like falling and fire/poison because I am impatient but for some reason I’m laughing when I die. I’m becoming one of those characters.

What I love about these games is the music and aesthetic. I really feel like I am in this weird purgatory dimension.

Praise the Sun
DS2 is different in the sense the levels are usually the most dangerous part of the game. The bosses are generally really easy compared to the other games. There are some notable exceptions though.

They are amazing at pulling you into their world. That's a big part of why they are my favorite RPGs.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Zaide

TLP Idealist
DS2 is different in the sense the levels are usually the most dangerous part of the game. The bosses are generally really easy compared to the other games. There are some notable exceptions though.

They are amazing at pulling you into their world. That's a big part of why they are my favorite RPGs.
Outside of DLC I think Darklurker was the only really good boss in DS2. Hard to remember after all this time.

Regime Regime Did you play the Scholar of the First Sin version or the original?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

One of my most tense gaming moments was in Demon Souls. Playing it for the first time, they weren’t really popular yet. I was so immersed in it, I was staying up really late every night. One night I’m deep in and tense, had a bunch of souls and deeper than I’d been before. At like 2am all of a sudden in real life a fucking spider climbs down a web strand an inch from my face. My lizard brain kicked in and I threw my control, yelled some kind of inhuman grunt, heart fucking stopped, swatted and shot up out of my chair. Adrenaline. Fucking thing was like only a half inch big but it seemed monstrous at that moment.

• 4Worf

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
That's awesome dude. By the time you get to Souls 3 maybe I'll be ready to do that too.

Not yet, it's gonna be a little bit because I've got too much going on in RL at the moment, and I'm midway through Code Vein which I wanted to get done first. I'd def like to start Souls 3 by like Christmas though. We can all compare notes.

In Souls 3 I'm probably gonna go for that scythe people were talking about before and build around it.

3 tips for you.
1. Forget the scythe
2. Get Vordt's hammer
3. Destroy everything

Thank me later

• 4Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Outside of DLC I think Darklurker was the only really good boss in DS2. Hard to remember after all this time.

Regime Regime Did you play the Scholar of the First Sin version or the original?
I bought scholar first sin off of CDKeys for
$8 for steam. Using that blacksmith hammer 🔨. I love this thing!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
DS2 had a lot of big guy in armor but and paste boss syndrome, but it also had some amazing end bosses (arguably many in the DLC). DS3 takes the cake for main game bosses, in terms of variety and not being locked into one strategy to kill them.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

The giant rat was hard for my build.

Then... there were the DLC bosses.

Iron King was nasty, Arcane Smelter demon was very nasty, Chaos Gauntlet at end of Ivory Crown was brutal too.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The giant rat was hard for my build.

Then... there were the DLC bosses.

Iron King was nasty, Arcane Smelter demon was very nasty, Chaos Gauntlet at end of Ivory Crown was brutal too.
The Looking Glass Knight was bad ass looking. He was fairly easy though.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Y'all gonna make me buy the DLC and do another playthrough. Haven't touched this since release!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Y'all gonna make me buy the DLC and do another playthrough. Haven't touched this since release!
The DLC was the best part. If you never played them I think you owe it to yourself.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The Looking Glass Knight was bad ass looking. He was fairly easy though.
Man back in the day you used to get invaded every time you did this fight since invaders can join to assist the boss.

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
DS1 did have the better world layout, but that slow crawl in the dark to Nitto can fuck itself in the ass.

DS1's world layout alone blew me away. That moment when you realize this MASSIVE world is actually connected really closely with a series of ingenious shortcuts that make sense in the world and have been evident and there the whole time, you just didn't know...is really fucking amazing. Like even if gameplay sucked ass, DS1's world was a god damn master class in level design.

• 7Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 8 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
DS1's world layout alone blew me away. That moment when you realize this MASSIVE world is actually connected really closely with a series of ingenious shortcuts that make sense in the world and have been evident and there the whole time, you just didn't know...is really fucking amazing. Like even if gameplay sucked ass, DS1's world was a god damn master class in level design.

I wish they'd recreate the DS1 world style in more games ffs. DS3 warping was a big letdown for me.

Just bought DS2 for $11 on gmg

Also finally got a PS5 and picked up Bloodbourne

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I wish they'd recreate the DS1 world style in more games ffs. DS3 warping was a big letdown for me.

Just bought DS2 for $11 on gmg

Also finally got a PS5 and picked up Bloodbourne
Bloodborne does this best after DS1. You unlock warping but the world is all connected.