Dark Souls

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It is a very challenging fight esp with the npc phantoms only. But yeah if you can.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
So what you're saying is, when I do Souls 3, I should do the DLC as early as I can for murderscythe?

I wouldn't. It's in no way OP like he's suggesting and is more novel than anything.

Go Vordt's hammer if you want an OP weapon that's available early game

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That scythe is a monster in PvE, especially for its stat reqs. My personal way to break the game is to beeline for MLGS and build around that in all three DS games, but this weapon still handles trash and a lot of bosses way better. There are better weapons, for certain, but you have to generally build around them entirely.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
That scythe is a monster in PvE, especially for its stat reqs. My personal way to break the game is to beeline for MLGS and build around that in all three DS games, but this weapon still handles trash and a lot of bosses way better. There are better weapons, for certain, but you have to generally build around them entirely.

The scythe scales off int and dex, so definitely something you have to build around. A lot of better weapons you only need Str for

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The scythe scales off int and dex, so definitely something you have to build around. A lot of better weapons you only need Str for
There are, but usually they take a huge str value to use. The scythes requirements are modest and its moveset is really good. Its not as game busting as Ludwigs was in BB (mostly due to being a lot harder to get), but it really mows through zones. I especially like the combo move, as it seems to stun lock damn near anything one on one.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I like the sound of this scythe. I'd probably int spec in Souls 3 anyway because I like spells, which just means I'd need to throw on some dex when I get the scythe.

When people talk about Ludwigs in Bloodborne, they mean the sword that can be combined with its sheath to become a two-handed sword, right? I ask because I didn't know it was overpowered. I used it for a couple of my runs because I liked the look, mainly. The Blades of Mercy felt way more overpowered to me due to their super fast hit rate. Was pretty much stunlocking everything with them.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
I never did Ludwigs in BB, but I really thought the kirkhammer was pretty OP. Man, now I want to start up a new BB run.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I like the sound of this scythe. I'd probably int spec in Souls 3 anyway because I like spells, which just means I'd need to throw on some dex when I get the scythe.

When people talk about Ludwigs in Bloodborne, they mean the sword that can be combined with its sheath to become a two-handed sword, right? I ask because I didn't know it was overpowered. I used it for a couple of my runs because I liked the look, mainly. The Blades of Mercy felt way more overpowered to me due to their super fast hit rate. Was pretty much stunlocking everything with them.
Yeah the two handed Ludwigs specifically. It wrecked shit and had some massive stun against trash in two handed mode. And pretty much half the damn game is vulnerable to holy (?) damage which this thing does way more damage to critters flagged like that. And there are extra moves if you stance dance with it that just completely stun lock enemies too. And yeah, the one handed mode is not exactly terrible either. Slot some elemental damage and level up Arcane for extra cheese. The other weapons mentioned in this discussion are better, with the proper build and skill, but an average player can plow through the second half of the game with a tooled up Ludwigs and little else.

As for INT builds in DS3, they can work, but there is a lot of magic resistant shit in the game. This is not normally an issue, since Dark is pretty good or you can focus on buffing yourself, but the last couple DLC sections are wall to wall with dark resistant enemies. At that point, the ability to turn invis ends up being the best option, because plowing through that trash repeatedly is a fucking slog and a half. Pyromancy and Lighting based builds got hit the hardest in DS3, in my opinion. I like a high INT Dark build best because the Dark Balls damage spell exists in plentiful enough numbers to have abundant casts, there are tons of wands that scale dark well, and the poison cloud spell cheeses the shit out of some of the more annoying enemies in the game. And I love the MLGS across the entire series, but that comes down to my personal preferences.

Last edited:

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Best parts of BB for me were second boss fight (was hoping for more like it) and Orphan.

I need more DS2 difficulty to feel alive playing them at this point.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Damage mostly scales off dex, but there's a certain attack it does that scales off int. So it's more something you'd add INT to a dex build rather than the other way around. Its biggest draw is the jumping and spinning around fighting style.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
And the stun lock the one combo had. That absolutely spanks most trash out there one on one, unless its a massive non humanoid enemy (e.g. the ice crabs or the like).

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For NG+ I love Leto's. Pancaking pretty much EVERY SINGLE mob in the game is just

1633730100441.png

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
YouTube algo just fed this to me. Could’ve been an interesting boss fight.

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'm on my ng+2 and started using Fume Ultra Greatsword. Feels good

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
YouTube algo just fed this to me. Could’ve been an interesting boss fight.

Is this from Demons, Dark, or Dark 3? I'm always itching for more 6th Archstone potential content.

I wonder why it is that cut content from games intrigues me so much more than what actually made it into the game. Secret boss that's hard to find? Cool, but what I'm really into is this other boss with an incomplete model lurking in an unreachable room off the map.

I've been super into cut content since Secret of Mana on the SNES, which legend has it had almost HALF of the original game cut to fit on SNES cart limitations of the time. Storylines, villains, time travel, etc, all cut. Legend also says that a ton of Mana's cut content made it into Chrono Trigger, and it lines up. (Earth giant, Water dungeon, Tasnican spy chancellor, Earth dragon, fairground area, time travel). My interest in these things got reignited a bit in 2016 when I played FFXV and realized the world map was like 90% unreachable empty space...that actually existed in the game files and could be run across. This absolutely fascinated me because it seemed like the world was supposed to be massive and they just didn't get very far filling it in.

In other news, thanks to this thread I'm going to take on Code Vein as my next Souls, probably as soon as I'm done with Metroid Dread. Though Nioh is next on the list after that.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Is this from Demons, Dark, or Dark 3? I'm always itching for more 6th Archstone potential content.

I wonder why it is that cut content from games intrigues me so much more than what actually made it into the game. Secret boss that's hard to find? Cool, but what I'm really into is this other boss with an incomplete model lurking in an unreachable room off the map.

I've been super into cut content since Secret of Mana on the SNES, which legend has it had almost HALF of the original game cut to fit on SNES cart limitations of the time. Storylines, villains, time travel, etc, all cut. Legend also says that a ton of Mana's cut content made it into Chrono Trigger, and it lines up. (Earth giant, Water dungeon, Tasnican spy chancellor, Earth dragon, fairground area, time travel). My interest in these things got reignited a bit in 2016 when I played FFXV and realized the world map was like 90% unreachable empty space...that actually existed in the game files and could be run across. This absolutely fascinated me because it seemed like the world was supposed to be massive and they just didn't get very far filling it in.

In other news, thanks to this thread I'm going to take on Code Vein as my next Souls, probably as soon as I'm done with Metroid Dread. Though Nioh is next on the list after that.

Dark Souls 3. Visible from the top of Archdragon Peak

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I fired up Dark Souls 2 -a few days ago for my first playthrough. Just doing warrior for starters and having a blast.

I only beat DS1 once so I can’t wait to go through this than DS3.

• 3Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Rajaah Rajaah you start DS3 yet?

I need to restart, I never beat it.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I fired up Dark Souls 2 -a few days ago for my first playthrough. Just doing warrior for starters and having a blast.

I only beat DS1 once so I can’t wait to go through this than DS3.

That's awesome dude. By the time you get to Souls 3 maybe I'll be ready to do that too.

Rajaah Rajaah you start DS3 yet?

I need to restart, I never beat it.

Not yet, it's gonna be a little bit because I've got too much going on in RL at the moment, and I'm midway through Code Vein which I wanted to get done first. I'd def like to start Souls 3 by like Christmas though. We can all compare notes.

In Souls 3 I'm probably gonna go for that scythe people were talking about before and build around it.