Dark Souls

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You are in for a major treat.
Man I’m still still not fully awake and I read that as “You are a major treant” and I wasn’t sure if it was an insult or a compliment.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

He gets em around 2:50

I saw things in DS2 arena of blood you wouldn't believe me if I told ye. I literally got teleported around with rainbow smoke shooting out of the ground and walls everywhere by someone running a trainer.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Man I’m still still not fully awake and I read that as “You are a major treant” and I wasn’t sure if it was an insult or a compliment.
I'm not sure either lol. The graphics of demon's souls on PS5 are really good. The new combat animations are pretty impressive also.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just finished DS2 with DLC now starting DS3!

Running down the ramp to the Queen Nashandra and seeing that story unfold was fucking amazing.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Fuckers put the DLC Season Pass on 50% off today so I refunded the purchase from last night and rebought lol

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I bought my PS5 just for DeS. I beat it a few times at launch and haven’t touched the thing since sadly.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Guess I'll start off Thief / Uchi. Feels like this is what I did last time but back then Bloodborne was my first Souls experience and then DS3 shortly thereafter. Maybe now I won't pigeonhole myself in to a build and can branch out to other weapons. Haven't even kept up with any of the meta or crazy builds that were developed.

• 3Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Just be careful of Horse Fuck Valley ... fuck that place.

Oh man, that last part of the snowy DLC is the worst thing in the Souls series, followed by the hardest boss.

I don't know how I 100%'d Souls 2+DLCs.

All this Souls talk is really pumping me up to finally get to Souls 3.

• 2Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Oh man, that last part of the snowy DLC is the worst thing in the Souls series, followed by the hardest boss.

I don't know how I 100%'d Souls 2+DLCs.

All this Souls talk is really pumping me up to finally get to Souls 3.
You better get done with DS3 before Elden Ring drops bro.

• 3Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Freezing Major League Baseball GIF by MLB

• 2Worf

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just be careful of Horse Fuck Valley ... fuck that place.
Yeah only boss I never beat was the two cats after that fucking retarded zero visibility infinite horse respawn zone of fuckery. I gave up after I noticed getting back to the boss was taking me 20 minutes on average.

In other news, I am also playing Demons Souls on the PS5. On the one hand there is a lack of variety that came later, in terms of weapons and so on. But on the other, 4k HDR at high frame rate and the slight tweaks from the original are really awesome. Multiplayer is basically non existant outside of some NG+ peeps looking for blue phantom pals, because they left in the fucking Scraping Spear. Also there was a massive sploit that made the original item dupe hilariously tame in comparisson. Short version is with a gold coin and a certain weapon, you would completely cap luck at 84k and one shot anything you tapped with it in the game.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah only boss I never beat was the two cats after that fucking retarded zero visibility infinite horse respawn zone of fuckery. I gave up after I noticed getting back to the boss was taking me 20 minutes on average.

In other news, I am also playing Demons Souls on the PS5. On the one hand there is a lack of variety that came later, in terms of weapons and so on. But on the other, 4k HDR at high frame rate and the slight tweaks from the original are really awesome. Multiplayer is basically non existant outside of some NG+ peeps looking for blue phantom pals, because they left in the fucking Scraping Spear. Also there was a massive sploit that made the original item dupe hilariously tame in comparisson. Short version is with a gold coin and a certain weapon, you would completely cap luck at 84k and one shot anything you tapped with it in the game.

I figured that luck glitch would ruin Demon's Souls multiplayer and I'm sad to hear that's the case.

The two cats were one of the few times I gave up in Souls 2 and summoned player allies to help. I think all of said few times were in the DLCs, actually. Smelter Demon 2.0 was another one. Weirdly enough I was able to beat Fume Knight with no help despite losing to other easier bosses. I maintain that the cat pair is the hardest fight in the game and only Fume is even potentially competition.

Regime Regime Zaide Zaide Consider it done, bois

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ok starting dark souls 2 backlog challenge. Wonder if they will cover damaged controllers if I bring my pain to arbitration.

1637858307664.jpeg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Threads like this make me wish I didn’t dedicate my free time to EQ so I could go replay the Souls games. Maybe during the 4 month PoP phase I’ll redo all the modern From Software games.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I figured that luck glitch would ruin Demon's Souls multiplayer and I'm sad to hear that's the case.

The two cats were one of the few times I gave up in Souls 2 and summoned player allies to help. I think all of said few times were in the DLCs, actually. Smelter Demon 2.0 was another one. Weirdly enough I was able to beat Fume Knight with no help despite losing to other easier bosses. I maintain that the cat pair is the hardest fight in the game and only Fume is even potentially competition.

Regime Regime Zaide Zaide Consider it done, bois
The two cats were not themselves that bad.... if you could get to them intact. But that fucking runback pretty much assured you would never arrive fully combat ready. For those in the forum who are devs, complete lack of visibility zones outside of a short story telling element are fucking horseshit and completely unfun. Period. Thats not even getting into the infinite respawn thunder horses with zone wide agro and unstoppable chip damage (and knockback) making the entire runback seem like the worst parts of a Plane of Growth clear. And it was intentional horse shit, because every other mob in the game would perma die after a set number of kills, but not these fucking horses.

In terms of actual difficulty if you fought it solo, the final battle of the ice DLC, done solo without unlocking the knight pals, is hands down the hardest fight in the game and the three phantom fight in the underground DLC is second.

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The two cats were not themselves that bad.... if you could get to them intact. But that fucking runback pretty much assured you would never arrive fully combat ready. For those in the forum who are devs, complete lack of visibility zones outside of a short story telling element are fucking horseshit and completely unfun. Period. Thats not even getting into the infinite respawn thunder horses with zone wide agro and unstoppable chip damage (and knockback) making the entire runback seem like the worst parts of a Plane of Growth clear. And it was intentional horse shit, because every other mob in the game would perma die after a set number of kills, but not these fucking horses.

In terms of actual difficulty if you fought it solo, the final battle of the ice DLC, done solo without unlocking the knight pals, is hands down the hardest fight in the game and the three phantom fight in the underground DLC is second.

The "gank squad" trio in the underground DLC was another one that took me a lot of tries and had a terrible run-back. I ended up getting the poison/toxic cloud spells and gimping the fight by casting those and running around in a big circle while the 'squad slowly ran out of HP. I think I also took potshots at the one that wouldn't chase every time I looped around. Eventually only the Havel armor guy was left and I fought him normally.

you got this!

After DS3 I will wrap up Kingdom Come deliverance.

I gotta get into that backlog challenge thread, because right now one of my big goals is to clear out a bunch of my games. This new EQ expansion is gonna take up all my time in December, probably, but after that I'd like to hit Souls 3 hard, finish Code Vein, etc.