Dark Souls

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Got the Moonlight Greatsword, last non boss soul weapon I needed. Seath's tail was super difficult for some reason compared to all the others but I eventually got it. Just need to beat NG+ Gwyn and NG++ Sif with whatever skips I can do now. MLG looks freaking awesome, too bad I'm not a caster this time.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20220220_062518.jpg

Annnnnd done. Took a little over two hours to get from the beginning of NG++ to the Anor Londo blacksmith using the various tricks in the last few posts. Only had to beat Sif, Taurus Demon, and Iron Golem. The glitch through the floor trick took a lot of tries. Finished at SL 90 or so and the NG++ Iron Golem in particular was barely scratched by my attacks.

20220220_062541.jpg

Most time-consuming part of the plat was probably farming this thing. Took several hours even with the item discovery ring.

Now I've got plats for the entire series (regular and remastered versions) outside of Souls 3. Bring on Elden Ring

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
What's the best Pyromancer attack spell if I can only bring one along? Been going pure melee but I maxed out the Pyromancer Flame just for the hell of it (probably should have used all those souls on HP, but I'll live). Thinking it'd be good to have a ranged attack at the ready as I get into the second half of NG+. Only have one attunement slot, so no Chaos Storm or Great Chaos Fireball. I could get a second attunement slot, if need be, though.

Right now I've got Power Within equipped, so I'll probably stick with that unless I totally need to switch to ranged.

I guess I mainly just want to justify my Pyromancer Flame maxing-out...

For pvp, throwing a surprise great combustion can fuck people up so bad after some swing or roll baiting.

PvE? Ya great chaos fireball.

Only time I used chaos/fire storm would be inside of a doorway and thru it on someone charging after me. They don't see u winding it up until too late. Never used it in PvE.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Finished up my first time ever playing a caster with a sorcery run and the damage you can do is bananas. The homing missile spells are pretty useful.

That said, I was pretty pissed off with how much my spells would miss the targets, even going through some of them completely. Also, bosses like Bed of Chaos are the dumbest shit ever. This playthrough reminded me just how much the first 2/3's of the game feels pretty good, and the last 1/3 feels really retarded.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
For pvp, throwing a surprise great combustion can fuck people up so bad after some swing or roll baiting.

PvE? Ya great chaos fireball.

Only time I used chaos/fire storm would be inside of a doorway and thru it on someone charging after me. They don't see u winding it up until too late. Never used it in PvE.

Did a lot of PVP in this latest playthrough and it's completely bonkers the variety of builds people can do. Had some really funny duels, too. Like one time when I fought this female acrobat who was doing cartwheels and blowing Yoga Flames into the air, while dressed as a clown...dafuq? Then someone ELSE invaded (blue phantom) and while I had the acrobat on the ropes, he ran up and sniped her with Firestorm before she could get out of the way. Then he shrugged at me and we had a fight. It was hilarious.

Finished up my first time ever playing a caster with a sorcery run and the damage you can do is bananas. The homing missile spells are pretty useful.

That said, I was pretty pissed off with how much my spells would miss the targets, even going through some of them completely. Also, bosses like Bed of Chaos are the dumbest shit ever. This playthrough reminded me just how much the first 2/3's of the game feels pretty good, and the last 1/3 feels really retarded.

The last third is pretty unfinished. Lost Izalith is easily the most glaring of the unfinished locales. Tomb of Giants is just stupid and un-fun (even with the lantern) and so is New Londo with the ghosts reaching through walls. Yeah, the only part of the last third that I actually like is Duke's Archives / Seath. Even then, the Crystal Cave is kind of dumb until you know the route and can just breeze through it.

Casters are stupid OP in Dark 1, which is why I always played as them until this latest run when I decided to do something challenging instead. You can use Homing Soulmass to attack while blocking, or double it up with a Soul Spear and fire all of them together for mega-damage.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Is it me or is Bloodborne ng+ way harder than souls ng+

Yeah, it is. Typically I plow through a Souls NG+ (at least for a while). Bloodborne NG+ is rough right from the get-go. I think NG+ Gascoigne is about on the level of NG Gehrman, maybe even more dangerous. So you don't get to enjoy being OP for a while like you do in Souls NG+, it goes right into the next level of difficulty instead.

Should definitely do Old Hunters DLC on NG for that reason. Leaving it for NG+, like I did the first time around, is rough as hell. The DLC is the hardest content in the game and it like triples in difficulty in NG+. I ended up starting a new NG cycle just to get to the DLC, IIRC.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
On another note...the 6th Archstone in Demon's Souls has come up a lot on these threads. I assume the worlds were supposed to be the snowy wilderness shown in the intro, the ice castle, and probably like the castle tower or something similarly small for 6-3.

Anyone have any idea of what the 3 bosses for that world would have been? I remember there being a Vanguard Demon in the game files for world 6, but it might have just been a regular foe like the one in world 4.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
On another note...the 6th Archstone in Demon's Souls has come up a lot on these threads. I assume the worlds were supposed to be the snowy wilderness shown in the intro, the ice castle, and probably like the castle tower or something similarly small for 6-3.

Anyone have any idea of what the 3 bosses for that world would have been? I remember there being a Vanguard Demon in the game files for world 6, but it might have just been a regular foe like the one in world 4.

There are a couple of videos Vaati has done on 6th Archstone, more from a lore guess perspective and some game files. IllusoryWall and Lance have videos showing the cut files and doing walkthroughs of what could be rebuilt. Been a year or more since I watched them but seem to remember at least one showing a boss model.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Got me to do another play through for sure, if you wanna see a silver lining. Enjoyed it a second time through more than I thought I would too.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Bosses designed to just have you chase them around for 10 minutes are the fucking worst

Happened to me when going for Seath's tail weapon on NG+. I chased his tail around hitting it while it ran away from me. Aimed for the tip and everything like you're supposed to. I hit it so many times that he was about to run out of HP and I had to reset. Second time, same thing, maybe on the 5th or 6th strike I got the tail weapon. Seemed totally random.

But hey, it's the Moonlight Greatsword, not surprised it's the hardest tail weapon to get.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
When platinuming this game, you can do about 90% of the things in NG and 9% in NG+, but you need one thing from NG++ to be done.

Anyone know how quickly you can get to Sif from the beginning, for when I get to NG++?

I'm thinking Start->Burg->Taurus Demon->Parish->Buy crest->Woods->Sif.

It can't be that quick and easy though, can it? I feel like there's some other roadblock in the way.
Might be able to get there even faster if you have the key starting item, assuming you can beat Havel. Burg-> Tower down to Havel just before Taurus > Skirt Hydra area > Back door demon to smith > Buy Crest > Sif if I recall. I think I did that once because I wanted the two hander for a playthrough. The real trick is being good enough or set up enough to deal with Sif (if its NG) and grinding the souls for the key. Beating the Hydra can get you a faster backdoor in, but thats probably harder than just grinding souls and the runback is less brutal if you pooch the fight. If you join the cat guild, the runback is pretty trivial from the door direction.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

I think a number of the art and model assets for Demons Souls 6th archstone wound up being used as bosses in later games. Theres a bunch of You Tube vids on the subject.

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Praise FuturePress!! Fuck TOOL fans, most disgusting, greedy, self righteousness group of group of people. You can find a decent fan, me. That's it, fuck TOOL fans, they don't care about the music. TOOL Buy sell trade on Facebook, that's why people paying getting scalped, TOOL ARMY can put a dick in all each others asses, technical problem? Shit could get you killed in the real world, people are nuts, like me. I'm not buying 3rd party TOOL items unless it the deal has terms, lol 10 tickets for gold vip, I don't give a fuck who came up with that idea even if it was Danny or the whole band, I would like to give them a shot of liquor soon as the take it, kick em rack in the fucking nuts, that's how it feels.
their but for the most part, FuturePress keep putting out though badass A++ guides for whatever games y'all choose. Much talent in FuturePress just like FromSoftware. Anyone want to get rid of the bloodborne the old hunters guide they wouldn't want to part with for some $ of course. Kra!

Screenshot_20220324-193141_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20220324-193202_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20220324-193125_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20220324-160216_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20220324-160211_Amazon Shopping.jpg

16481649382575819112598361516751.jpg

16481649964266245310637449713400.jpg

16481653747377410139664798602120.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Praise FuturePress!! Fuck TOOL fans, most disgusting, greedy, self righteousness group of group of people. You can find a decent fan, but for the most part, FuturePress keep putting out though badass A++ guides for whatever games y'all choose. Much talent in FuturePress just like FromSoftware. Anyone want to get rid of the bloodborne the old hunters guide they wouldn't want to part with for some $ of course. Kra!

View attachment 404954

View attachment 404955

View attachment 404956

View attachment 404957

View attachment 404958

View attachment 404960

View attachment 404961

View attachment 404962
Cool looking book Justin

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I think a number of the art and model assets for Demons Souls 6th archstone wound up being used as bosses in later games. Theres a bunch of You Tube vids on the subject.

I was researching this more and the answers seem to lie in Dark Souls 2. It looks like 6th Archstone stage 1 was going to be Frigid Outskirts and 2 was going to be the Ivory King's Castle (likely by another name).

Still don't know what the bosses would have been. However, Frigid Outskirts would have led directly to the steps of the castle, which means Aava being the boss of 6-1 seems very likely (as the end of the 6-1 they created resembles the beginning of the Ivory DLC where you fight Aava).

The castle area (6-2) ends with an ice cave full of ice, indicating an ice boss. Gonna go out on a limb and say the 6-2 boss would have been Icelurker (or Frostlurker) and never got off the drawing board hence why we haven't seen it anywhere else.

Which leaves 6-3. Could be the Ivory King, but he isn't a thing in any Demon lore, so I'm thinking it's more likely to be something related to giants. Maybe The Last Giant, or the Giant Lord in a flashback. I think 6-3 would involve falling through the ice floor after the 6-2 boss (which is how you go from 6-1 to 6-2, falling through an ice floor in the Frigid Outskirts).

I guess the only way we'll ever know for sure what the bosses would have been is if someone asks Miyazaki himself what was on the drawing board for World 6. I think my speculation might be somewhere in the vicinity of the mark though.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Playing NG++ of Souls 1 and I've run into a bit of a roadblock.

I defeated Ornstein/Smough, Seath, and Bed of Chaos without much trouble. Then I tried Four Kings and was doing like, no damage to them. Eventually end up with two up and can't deal with that. Went to Gravelord Nito, same situation, do almost no damage to him and die extremely quickly.

It's like I went from NG+2 to +4 before these two fights or something. Not too sure what to do. I'm using a Gravelord Sword +5 and I'm wondering if maybe that particular weapon is weak against these two bosses. Doesn't seem to be anybody to summon either (can't remember my SL, I'll check it when I'm at home).

Any suggestions?