Dark

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
4.50 star(s) Rating: 4.50/5 12 Votes
Title: Dark

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Drama, Mystery, Crime

First aired: 2017-12-01

Creator: Baran bo Odar

Cast: Oliver Masucci, Maja Schöne, Jördis Triebel, Daan Lennard Liebrenz, Lisa Vicari, Moritz Jahn, Paul Lux, Karoline Eichhorn, Louis Hofmann, Deborah Kaufmann

Overview: A missing child causes four families to help each other for answers. What they could not imagine is that this mystery would be connected to innumerable other secrets of the small town.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
5LoHuHWA4H8jElFlZDvsmU2n63b.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Dark[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Crime[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Mystery[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2017-12-01[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]A missing child causes four families to help each other for answers. What they could not imagine is that this mystery would be connected to innumerable other secrets of the small town.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

New show from Germany. The trailer has a strong The Kettering Incident feel. I'm a sucker for this kind of thing. No TMB entry yet, update as you please.

Per IMDB:
A family saga with a supernatural twist, set in a German town, where the disappearance of two young children exposes the relationships among four families.

Rime

<Donor>
Dubbing on this is atrocious. Could not get through it due to that.

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Dubbing on this is atrocious. Could not get through it due to that.

I could ignore it after a bit (mostly), but it sounds like the same VA's they use for animes, so it was a bit disconcerting.

• 1Picard

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Turn on German language audio and throw up English subtitles. It was far more tolerable that way.

• 5Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I don't see how anyone does dubs. Subtitles all the way.

• 6Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 8 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I’m only two episodes in but yeah, really didn’t even know it was German before I started bc don’t really keep up with this stuff. After about 4 seconds it was obvious the dubs were horrible. I understand enough German to follow along without the subs being distracting and relying on them in the noisey and rushed scenes

Anyways, seems good. Like was mentioned very reminiscent of Kettering so far. Just remembered I haven’t seen Stranger Things S2 lol.

Rime

<Donor>
Depends. If something is REALLY good, I will watch it with subs, as that requires the majority of my attention. Most shows are just background noise, so I 'watch' them with dubs, so I can do other things.

• 1Picard
  • 1Barf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Wife and I finished this. She is fluent in German so we just had subs going for me. Obviously didn't notice how bad dubs were as a result.

Anyway, we both really liked it, whoch is surprising since she her tastes generally don't include shows like this. Think the show did a really good job tying all the timelines together.

My crazy theory is that Noah is really the good guy and that Jonas is manipulated by Claudia; she's the devil and he is Faust. Not Noah and Helge/Barstoz

• 1Like

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Wife and I just finished and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Paradoxes, cliffhanger, continuity issues aside, it’s a fantastic show and was fun trying to keep up with the characters through the timelines. Really hoping they continue into another season.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I really disliked the final scene. And most time travel shit just bothers me. But this was a pretty well done time travel show. Would put Mindhunter and Ozark as better shows Netflix released this year.

• 1WTF

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Just started it, seems pretty good so far. Something of a Stranger Things + Lost + Prisoners vibe.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
There should be a special achievement award for Best Casting Director for this series... whenever they put up the pictures on the wall at the end of an episode I'm always floored.

• 3Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Watched the first episode, wasn't really into it. I didn't like any of the characters and the "intrigue" part of the plot of a hole in the ground and people getting eye-raped by 80s music or whatever was pretty boring. Does it get better?

• 2Picard
  • 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Watched the first episode, wasn't really into it. I didn't like any of the characters and the "intrigue" part of the plot of a hole in the ground and people getting eye-raped by 80s music or whatever was pretty boring. Does it get better?
It doesn't get better if you have shitty taste. Time to move on, Tuco.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users
TV show information provided by The Movie Database