Dark

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Finally got around to watching season 1, really liked it. Cinematography, score and acting were all superb, and this is easily as good as any other Netflix original show. Going to wait a day or so to decompress before binging s2

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I'm a few episodes in and keeping track of everything / everyone in the different eras is quite complex. Just when I think I might know what is really going on some new little wrinkle pops up.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm halfway through season 2, I really like this show, truly awesome.

We will see where we end up, but at this point there's no way I am buying that Adam = Jonas. It may very well end up that he is, but it seems too convenient for a show like this that he's completely unrecognizable. At this point, I get what Adam and Jonas are trying to do, but Claudia is still kind of a mystery. Poor Ulrich though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Just finished S2. Fucking enjoyed the shit out of it. Almost think one more season isn't enough.

With that said I might be more confused with what the story is at the end than at the beginning. The alternate Martha means one of the Jonas's could be alternate Jonas vs. this dimension Jonas right? With such a plot heavy show I feel at times I almost need a cheat sheet as if I'm reading a Malazan book again. I also agree Jonas=Adam seems too easy but if there's alternate dimension Jonas then maybe it's just the one instance where everything aligns for him to turn out that way?

Just as in the first season, think the casting director should win some awards. Almost every younger or older version character has a clear resemblance even when they clearly aren't the same actor. It's pretty amazing.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Thinking I should have rewatched 1 or looked for a recap. Can’t remember who is a brother or son or future husband or both anymore.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Donnie Darko reference in Dark? Coincidence? I dunno, prolly just a little easter egg, but just noticed tonight. Derp. Couple other similarities between the two but this one stuck out.
a-KARATE-KID-404x304.jpg

totally a karate kid reference.

• 1Picard

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Ok, my wife and I watched the recap to season 1 in order to prepare for season 2.....and promptly decided that we would have to watch season 1 again because it is so fucking dense. I love the show but goddamn I kind of want to wait for season 3 to come out, finish the story, and then binge it all from the beginning.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Ok, my wife and I watched the recap to season 1 in order to prepare for season 2.....and promptly decided that we would have to watch season 1 again because it is so fucking dense. I love the show but goddamn I kind of want to wait for season 3 to come out, finish the story, and then binge it all from the beginning.

It's a good show though. Why wait and watch crap in comparison?

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Finished this up.

man, Ulrich gets straight up shit on. So I'm maintaining skepticism on the true identity of Adam. Also, maybe it's a translation thing, but I cant tell if whe. ADam says stuff like "end the world" he is speaking literally or figuratively. And how does starting another cycle and preventing any alterations to the timeline do that? And what's up with uberMarta? Lots of interesting stuff, glad they have an end in sight rather than trying to drag it out.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've attempted this show like four times and maybe it being foreign it's throwing me off, but I can't get into it. Haven't read spoilers yet, but I keep seeing y'all support it, so I'll queue it up again.
So far it feels pretentious. Poor music, cinematography, dialogue, writing, etc. I'm at episode 3

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I've attempted this show like four times and maybe it being foreign it's throwing me off, but I can't get into it. Haven't read spoilers yet, but I keep seeing y'all support it, so I'll queue it up again.
So far it feels pretentious. Poor music, cinematography, dialogue, writing, etc. I'm at episode 3

Are you watching the subtitled version or the dubbed version? When I first watched it with the English dubs I'm pretty sure the timing was off and it was really off-putting. Once I switched it to German with subtitles it was fine.

If you are watching it with subtitles and so far after 3 episodes that's your opinion then you might just want to move on as there's probably nothing that will change your opinion.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Just finished it. Love this show, crazy last few minutes in the finale.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Can we talk for just a moment about how truly awful the dub is for this show? I had wanted some friends to get into the show because of how great it is, only they aren't the type of people who do will with subtitles and so they wanted to watch the dub.

It is AWFUL! I swear to god they could have gotten YouTube streamer randos to just read the subtitles into a microphone and it would have been better.

• 1Picard

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Just as in the first season, think the casting director should win some awards. Almost every younger or older version character has a clear resemblance even when they clearly aren't the same actor. It's pretty amazing.

The casting for this show is amazing. There were times when a new era's version of an existing character popped up and you could tell exactly who it was by their look / mannerisms even before they got named. I agree that you do need a scorecard at times to keep track of everyone.

• 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Just finished. My mind is blown and I'm still trying to pick up the pieces and put them back in my head.

• 1Solidarity

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I half ass guessed that another factor had to be presented to the time loop equation, but still can’t tell if the X factor is really and X factor or more of the time loop reeeeeee

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Finally got around to season 2, no idea how/why I waited this long. This show is fantastic, legitimately one of the best shows on tv. Cannot wait for season 3!

Mindhunter and this are head and shoulders above anything else Netflix has done.