Darkest Dungeon

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Wow, so I think I finally passed the last bit of learning curve and it's just made the game that much more enjoyable. I finally properly understand all abilities and how much damage they do, I've learned to debuff properly and learned how to trinket properly (holy shit that makes a huge difference, my Vestal has like 65% healing and her group heal consistently does 5-7 for everyone) and to recruit the right heroes (I only recruit people with huge critical strike/accuracy/evasive type stuff). I actually did an apprentice boss earlier with 4 level 0's! Love this game so much, I can't get over it. I've also taken to naming my heroes after what I use them for and what they do. It helps navigate thru them much a ton.

Although it still doesn't make sense to me how I can debuff the pig boss's damage by 90% and have him still hit for 10ish regular. How's that work?? Or why sometimes my heroes will get hungry THREE rooms in a row. Brought 18 food to a Medium length mission earlier. By the time I wanted to camp (there was 5 rooms left) I had 0 food and I only used 2 to heal. What's up with that? None of my characters had food traits. I understand some characters probably eat less food overall but wtf? I've taken to recruiting a scouter for each area and giving them a 10% scouting charm to try and find hidden rooms which has been fun. I just have a hard time balancing my torch light when doing those runs. Cos when I do loot runs I do no torches, and when I want hidden room stuff I am looking for loot, so I want it dark, but then I need the torches for scouting. So I'm constantly turning my torches off and consuming a bunch.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wait a minute! Xena can't fly!

rrr_img_124376.png

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Omg FUCK ME. So I forgot to exit out of the game before leaving my place earlier today and it had been open since yesterday. I just hadn't logged out cos it takes so little resources... So I get to my girlfriend's and install the game on her laptop via my Steam Account and log in. Of course I get a message telling me I am already logged in and if I log in on this computer it will forcefully log my other client out, but I expected that and hit yes. Only to log in and discover that I lost all my progress from the past 2.5 days. I thought the game saved CONSTANTLY but apparently not. I am so epicly sad right now. I got so many very rare trinkets and traits that I wanted and had my setup all perfect with 2 Veteran teams and 2 Apprentice teams and now that's all gone. Is there any chance at all that I still have that progress on my home pc? I doubt it
frown.png
I lost soooooooooooooo much, at least 15+ hours of playtime! I now have Achievements for things that my game says I haven't done yet. So fucking weird. Ugggggghh.

How does the Steam Cloud work? It says it saves things to the steam cloud so your progress is persistent across all computers. That box is checked on my girlfriend's laptop and I'm sure it's checked on mine because it seems like a default option. But apparently you have to exit the game for that to happen? What do I do? If I DO still have my progress on my home PC and I play at my girlfriend's, what happens then? Should I not play until I get home and can check? Eeeek FML! I can also swear I actually did exit the night before last, and yet the game on my gf's laptop says I'm like 3 days ago.Someone help.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I bought mine through GoG. I generally like Steam but really only for the games I intend to play multiplayer with the kids or wife.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And Oh lordy, never put a torch on a stack of books. That shit gives you like 80 stress. I got the stack of books confused with the bookshelf ffs.
You don't put a torch to the shelf either.

Although it still doesn't make sense to me how I can debuff the pig boss's damage by 90% and have him still hit for 10ish regular..
When his turn starts, he loses one debuff. You can at best debuff him to 40%.

The fight would just be super trivalif a single occultist could reduce his damage to nothing.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
You don't put a torch to the shelf either.

When his turn starts, he loses one debuff. You can at best debuff him to 40%.

The fight would just be super trivalif a single occultist could reduce his damage to nothing.
But it still says Damage Reduced by 90% on his turn... And that's called strategy. Not exactly trivial.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Is there a limit to how many weeks your game can advance?

I'm doing the "buy no supplies and treat all your characters as 100% expendable" to build up my money and town upgrades. I've got like 100k gold, my wagon is maxed and my blacksmith & armories are about half upgraded but I'm also on like week 30...I don't know if I'm hurting myself by doing this or if you can just do it indefinitely with no downside.

Krag

Peasant
Is there a limit to how many weeks your game can advance?

I'm doing the "buy no supplies and treat all your characters as 100% expendable" to build up my money and town upgrades. I've got like 100k gold, my wagon is maxed and my blacksmith & armories are about half upgraded but I'm also on like week 30...I don't know if I'm hurting myself by doing this or if you can just do it indefinitely with no downside.
You can go on forever. Once you beat the game you can start a new game+ thing where there's an actual limit if you want at that point.

Krag

Peasant
Does anyone know which class was designed by the top kickstarter donater? Was curious about that.
Really late reply (was out of town), but if you were still wondering it's the abomination that was designed by a kickstarter.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Debuffs stack additive, not multiplicative. Your 3 instances of of -30% damage are exactly that, separate instances, they don't combine to reduce his base by 90%.

Hunger is slightly weighted rng, so yes sometimes it will buttfuck you.

The only thing you even slightly lose out on by sending in endless suicide squads is some achievements for beating all the bosses by week X.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Are you sure about that? Every other buff/debuff in the game seems to stack(as long as they are at least a 2+ round buff/debuff/damage). That 20% healing buffs stacks, I had a character up to 40% several times, and all of the bleeds/plauges stack. I've plaged a mob 3 times in a row with a plague doctor, ticking for 9 per tick instead of just 3

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Are you sure about that? Every other buff/debuff in the game seems to stack(as long as they are at least a 2+ round buff/debuff/damage). That 20% healing buffs stacks, I had a character up to 40% several times, and all of the bleeds/plauges stack. I've plaged a mob 3 times in a row with a plague doctor, ticking for 9 per tick instead of just 3
Yea, it stacks, butadditive, not multiplicative. So say a monster hits for 100 damage and you hit him 3 times with -30% damage debuffs, they do stack, and this debuffs him to 70 damage, then to ~50, then to ~35, removing 30% from his current damage each stack. If stuff stacked multiplicative he'd just get a flat -90% to his 100 damage and hit for 10, which would be broke as fuck. Same goes for bleed/blights, you can stack up multiple blights for 5 damage per stack, but a blight fo 5 and a blight of 5 isn't gonna multiply to a blight of 25.

Same is true for buffs. If you do a bunch of camp buff stacking for +damage, combined with trinkets and get your Hellion to +100% damage, she doesn't just do double damage, she does way more than that. It adds them in whatever buff % they are, so if she starts at 100 and gets +20% damage from 3 different places, she goes to like 100 base > 120 > 144 > 172, rather than just going to 160.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the way additive/multiplicative are termed in these ways by most people is backwards from what you're saying, Ronne.

It seems like from what you're saying, the functionality of the game is multiplicative, NOT additive. Additive, would add the 3 30%'s up to 90%.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Should be easy enough to figure out. Bring two occultists, both spam the curse. If I'm right, that will make him do no damage.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Should be easy enough to figure out. Bring two occultists, both spam the curse. If I'm right, that will make him do no damage.
Doesn't work. I used 2 Occ + Vestal and all of them debuffed and the highest it would go is 90%. Even though the Wiki says it should go to 100% (but that won't actually make him do zero damage apparently). But he was still hitting hard. Can't believe I lost several days of progress due to sync bullshit. Lost my Vestal only Heal charm that I combine with another very rare heal charm and it makes my Vestal's group heal consistently heal for a minimum of 5, sometimes up to 8, non crit. Shit is crazy.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Okay. This time it went up to -151% damage with Leper+Occultist, but he was still hitting for 6-8. That must be from the mark, which probably increases damage by 100%. Was easy as hell this time, sometimes he did only hit for 1. He genuinely wouldn't go above 90% with Occultist and Vestal debuffs being spammed though, which is odd. Leper debuff is better overall anyways with the -acc. Finally got my Heal charm back and picked up the godly Graverobber charm with 3 crit and speed etc with only 100% extra food consumed. I've been waiting for it to pop up on one of my boss quests for ages, so glad to finally have it.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Just did two successful medium runs using 1. Jester, 2/3. Grave Robber, 4. Arbalest. Try to manipulate speed with Trinkets so that the GR in the 2-spot is slower than the one in the 3-spot. Pick to the Face, Lunge are primary skills. Jester will have Solo and whatever else you need. Arbalest with heal, suppression, mark and sniper shot. Jester should go first, so Solo for the debuff. You should be able to Lunge with both GRs, which is a lot more damage than Pick. Arbalest mainly for heals but useful for hitting back row mobs if they're being a pain.

Never went to Death's Door. Only once did stress get out of hand and that's only because I misclicked on a barrier and didn't use my shovel. Solo debuffs accuracy so things were missing constantly.

Love this game, so many different ways to approach it.