Darkest Dungeon

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
The Ravenas read by Wayne June (The Narrator).

As awesome as you think it is.
Did this guy have a decent career before this game? If not, wow, he should have one now. He is brilliant.

I continued now with my champion only roster. Immediately lost one to the hag, and another to a shaman stress attack. I've burned through 150k to outfit enough characters for champion dungeons, and now I'm broke again. I'm this tempted to apply those mods mentioned earlier to stack more money, the money grind is still just as real as before. Secret rooms are so fucking rare now that even with an ancestors map + explorer quirk you don't scout half the time.
Yeah, it's particularly annoying with the exp buff they just recently implemented. I created a new team to do the Cove Apprentice bosses and then some Veteran bosses and by the time they finished the 2 Cove Apprentice bosses and 1 Veteran Boss + 1 Medium Mission they were level 5... I was like well fuck me, it's going to take 2-3 more teams to finish the rest of the Veteran bosses. And I don't have the room on my roster. I have like 11 maxed level 5's/6's atm. Bleh. And Quin I would just modify the inventory text file if I were you. I did it and I've enjoyed the game much more ever since then. The inventory management is too severe in many missions where quest items take up 3 slots. Or it's like you make way less gold doing Champion missions because you have to bring so many supplies and it's just ridiculous. It takes 20 seconds to change the file and the game is much better for it. I still have to manage my inventory, it's not like the console command you do in Skyrim where you add 999999 weight allowance. It's just not nearly as severe as how it is now.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I just started and I'm definitely having a rough go of it. The amount of sanity damage that I'm taking is massive and the tools I have to heal sanity are nonexistent. I'm mostly just churning through dudes until I figure more things out.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I just completed a Cove, Long Champion "complete all room battles dungeon" on a no torch run and managed to kill the Collector along the way. Ended up with 0 stress on all 4 characters, no diseases, and only 1 mortality debuff which I could have cured at camp. That was badass. Occultist/Occultist/Grave Robber/Leper ftw. Leper is so good now, as long as you give him +10 or so accuracy. I had him critting the shelled brine guys that have like 80%+ prot for 16 and one shotting them. I killed The Collector in 2 rounds, just ignored his guys because my damage is so high. Used my 2nd Firewood at the very end when the entire dungeon was cleared, just to clear like 27 total stress lol. Love them night time crits. Leper allows me to take the higher damage from darkness, and 2 Occultist can take care of the burst damage with their heals. Pus, I have them all with high speed, and the debuffs from 2 Occultist and a Leper reduces most things damage to 0, if they last that long. It's good stuff. Just bring lots of bandages.

@Arbitrary it's pretty rough until you climb the learning curve. And stress management is impossible in the beginning until you get a Jester. Jester was a life saver for me and I used him for ages, until I got decent trinkets and doing torchless runs (having lower light increases your chance to crit, and crits reduce stress) and then I stopped using him. But Jester is pretty much a must have for climbing through your first dozen or so apprentice/veteran runs. Try him out. There are also other characters that can manage stress decently like the Houndsmaster, Crusader and Leper. Just stick with it, the game gets 10x more fun once you get past the learning curve. It is definitely brutal in the beginning though. Also, if you don't mind using guides, thisCurio - Official Darkest Dungeon Wikiis a life saver. I played without using the internet for a while, but my memory for these kinds of things sucks, so I use this cheat sheet. Properly utilizing curios helps A LOT.

Guild / Complete
Blacksmith / Complete
Tavern / Complete
Stage Coach / Complete
Sanitarium / Complete
Abbey / 72%
Survivalist / 80%
Nomad Wagon / 77%

I haven't even started a Darkest Dungeon yet though. Just enjoying misc. stuff and it's taking my a while to level up new characters to fight the Veteran bosses. So far these Ancestral trinkets are vastly underwhelming though. I am disappointing in them. Like, the Moustache cream... really? Am I ever going to get any loot from The Collector since I got 3 heads from my very first Secret Room? So far he just drops 1 Trapezohedron, almost not even worth the effort. Killed him in all 3 difficulties. Still haven't done the Shambler tho. Edit: Just ran into Collector again with 3 Occultists. Turns out he is an Eldritch. Haha absolutely slaughtered. Sacrificial Dagger underrated.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Having played some more I think it looks like it was just a streak of ugly RNG. I was running into madmen, double skeletons with cups, and vomiting pigs in almost every encounter and it was murder on my heros brains and I had yet to even see a Jester in the wagon. It's smoothed out some.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Lol

The Treebranch Smackdown part was especially so funny and true.
Treebranch Smackdown can murder you if you run with a glass cannon group into the Weald. But you should be prepared by the big hitters by Veteran/Champion and have debuffs for him. Occultist is great because even if you get Confusion Spored, he can debuff his damage from anywhere. By the time I get Treebranch Smackdowned, he usually has over -100% damage and he will crit for 2. Still funny though, I definitely had a few close calls with it before I started always having a damage debuffer with a debuff trinket in every single run I do.

DrLifetilt_sl

shitlord
First time i tried a champion dungeon, i got critted for 60dmg by Smackdown the very first hit (no debuffer in party obv). It was like "helllooo welcome to the champion dungeons". Survived the fight with no losses, but had to pack up and retreat during the 2nd fight when another of those guys appeared and sent two of my heroes to death's door.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
First time i tried a champion dungeon, i got critted for 60dmg by Smackdown the very first hit (no debuffer in party obv). It was like "helllooo welcome to the champion dungeons". Survived the fight with no losses, but had to pack up and retreat during the 2nd fight when another of those guys appeared and sent two of my heroes to death's door.
Yeah it's rough with no debuffs. I just ran a Champion Weald with an Occultist, Vestal and Arbalest and at one point I had his damage -210%. Treebranch smackdown couldn't even crit for 1 haha. I find it nearly impossible not to run an Occultist because he is just so damn versatile, and with his very rare class trinket, his stuns and debuffs always land. Vestal seems to land her crazy dmg/acc debuff very well too, even without a trinket for it. Her stuns are unreliable though.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Occultist is mostly the best class in the game at this point. His debuffs are huge, his heal is the only way to soak the damage in champion runs/DD reliably, and his damage is nothing to scoff at. I ran double occultist parties through all of the DD and it just raped. +4crit +20 damage vs eldritch tinket is some OP shit man.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
So after the patch, all 14 of my level 6 characters became level 5 characters with full exp bars. Lol sigh.

Full party wipe on Champion Hag. Lol wow FML. I haven't had a full on loss like that in this game yet. Every time I've lost a character, I finished the fight and got my trinkets back. But I just lost 8 of my best trinkets and 4 of my best heroes. I had her to 2 life, which means if they didn't fuck the exp up they would have been level 6 and I would have won without any deaths. I had 3 characters that were virtuous as well, and the other wasn't afflicted. God she is such a bitch!! I should have retreated when I saw it going south, but I knew if you retreat with a character in the pot you lose them and I didn't want to lose the trinkets, so instead I lost all of my trinkets and my 4 best characters haha RIP. Ohhhh boy. It would be cool if when I went back to kill her she dropped the trinkets she ate :O

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I just started and I'm definitely having a rough go of it. The amount of sanity damage that I'm taking is massive and the tools I have to heal sanity are nonexistent. I'm mostly just churning through dudes until I figure more things out.
this is kinda how its intended though

for an easy yet grindy start, just make parties of fresh recruits, buy like 16ish food and 0 torches, see how far they get

with the loot bonus from not having a torch its always profitable, and a good way to learn the game

keep the strong ones, dump the rest

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A whole bunch of my Champions got deleveled to Master... gotta run some more veteran dungeons

AT least they kept their rank 5 gear and skills.

DrLifetilt_sl

shitlord
My entire 25-man roster is lv5/4/3 now, i 've done all the lv1/3 bosses, i've upgraded what i've wanted in the hamlet, i have a nice set of trinkets, just need more level grinding till i'll be able to tackle champion bosses.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I got boned on the DD runs, lost 2 healers early on, and now the rest of my healers won't go back, so I'm back to just grinding up 8 new dudes from 0 > 6 to finish it off. feelsbadman.jpg

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I lost my four best trinkets. Ugh. The motivation to continue wanes
frown.png

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Meh, trinkets are easily replaceable. The boxes/heads show up almost 100% on champion collectors/madmen if you're missing one, and the ancestrals are all farmable from long champions. The only thing I can think that would suck to lose is the matchstick from the champion cannon? The rest of the boss trophies are meh and easily replaceable, as are almost all the ancestrals (mustek ball and pen are the only ones i ever use at this point iirc).

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Sixteen food!?! Do you think I'm made of money? They get four.
It's not even about money for me. My new recruits get 4 fucking food, and that's all. If I could sell any default shit, I would. And I shut their torches off in the first room.

Survivors move on unless they get an affliction or high stress without levelling; they get axed when they return;goto10

4 new recruits this week are jesters and witch doctors with shitty defaults? More fun than you might think the bizarre combos I've run just to stick to my /r