Darkest Dungeon

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Yea, it stacks, butadditive, not multiplicative. So say a monster hits for 100 damage and you hit him 3 times with -30% damage debuffs, they do stack, and this debuffs him to 70 damage, then to ~50, then to ~35, removing 30% from his current damage each stack. If stuff stacked multiplicative he'd just get a flat -90% to his 100 damage and hit for 10, which would be broke as fuck. Same goes for bleed/blights, you can stack up multiple blights for 5 damage per stack, but a blight fo 5 and a blight of 5 isn't gonna multiply to a blight of 25.

Same is true for buffs. If you do a bunch of camp buff stacking for +damage, combined with trinkets and get your Hellion to +100% damage, she doesn't just do double damage, she does way more than that. It adds them in whatever buff % they are, so if she starts at 100 and gets +20% damage from 3 different places, she goes to like 100 base > 120 > 144 > 172, rather than just going to 160.
Yeah. It's definitely got some FFT going on. Need my elevation skill up.

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
I'm probably sure this doesn't exist as I've looked around but on the off chance that I missed it does anyone know if there is a mod out there that disables combat animations? I played the heck out of this game in early access and I noticed it then but after a few hours now I can't stand how slow combat is; I'm sure that half my time playing is tied up in the animations and it's getting tiresome.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
40EwwSG.png

It's almost as if it's fine-tuned.... the very last Veteran boss I kill gives me the deeds needed to finish the blacksmith.

And I'm almost out of Veteran heroes as well. Everyone else is already a champion.

Let's see how Champion Dungeons go in the release version
smile.png

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Should i bother mopping up all the lv1 boss quests?
You have to beat the bosses in order (lv1,lv2,lv3, etc). So I guess if you want to beat the game, then yes. Though admittedly I don't know exactly what the win conditions are. I do know that all the bosses are listed in the quest pane.

In case that wasn't clear, each area has its own boss theme - necromancy for the ruins, demonic flesh for the warrens, sea monsters for the cove, etc. The level 1 warrens boss is swine prince, which you have to beat to access the level 2 boss, Undulating Flesh. You can do any of the area bosses in any order (I haven't even unlocked ruins boss in my run yet but have beaten level 2 Warrens boss).

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Hot damn Occultist/Houndsmaster/Grave Robber/Vestal is so godly. Finally got a Cleansing Crystal, but don't actually really want to put it on my Occultist just to prevent the bleed from happening when it lowers his debuff chance so severely. His debuff is amazing, but not as good as Vestal's. I just did a Long Veteran mission with those 4 and they all left with less than 5 stress with 0 Torches. Only got a couple diseases on my Grave Robber, which I could have cured if I remembered a camping skill. I've stopped using the Jester now that I've gotten better with party compositions, debuffs and other stress reducing mechanics. I like it better without him, he's quite boring unless you are running some crazy composition where your party is constantly bouncing around, that might be fun.

I actually think I'm going to "cheat" and modify some stack sizes in the game files though. I think it's really dumb that you have quests where you start with 3 items or have to get 3 items and none of them stack. Combine that with other small stack sizes and Trapezohedron and it's just a bit ridiculous. I think I'll make Oil Paintings stack to 8, Food to 20, Trapezohedron to 3, Gold to 30,000 and all quest items to 3. I appreciate the inventory management part of the game, but I believe it's a little too severe.

So modifying stack sizes was exceptionally easy. It's all labeled really nicely as well. If you think inventory management is too severe too, just go into C:/Program Files 86/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Inventory. And then change the values as I've done here. Food (provision)/Gold is toward the top, which I did after this screenshot. Works like a charm! I basically just doubled everything, except quest items and Trapezohedrons, which I set to 3. I still want to struggle with inventory management, but I just don't want it to be as painful as it was before. After finishing a Long dungeon, I still had to discard around 9000 gold in stuff, possibly a little more. So I think that's still fair.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
What a fucking disappointing end the Darkest Dungeon is. I probably won't even bother finishing this.

It won't reveal the map beyond the next available room(s), and you can't scout. So it's just a giant rng crapfest of how quickly you can stumble in to the boss room before you have 0 torches left (thx item stock limit) and die horribly. You also automatically lose a person and their trinkets if you try and flee.

Not a fan of it changing the rules of the game on you, nor do I think I'll spend the time to level up new parties to try and finish the place. That's not even mentioning how much trinket farming you'd need to do if you wiped and lost your 8 best (if you can even replace them, ie boss trinkets).

moontayle

Golden Squire
The subreddit is pretty active. Been getting almost all my info from there.

Most recent patch reduced exp needed for resolve 4/5/6. Lots of complaints about how that does nothing given the still absurd deed requirements for Blacksmith.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Hot damn Occultist/Houndsmaster/Grave Robber/Vestal is so godly. Finally got a Cleansing Crystal, but don't actually really want to put it on my Occultist just to prevent the bleed from happening when it lowers his debuff chance so severely. His debuff is amazing, but not as good as Vestal's.
Does anyone actually use the Vestal Debuff though? It requires her being in the front 2 slots, and then she can't heal Or does her heal not scale well later in the game and she's useless for that purpose?

It still seems like the Occultist would have the better debuff, it's -10% more damage reduction at each skill level.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Does anyone actually use the Vestal Debuff though? It requires her being in the front 2 slots, and then she can't heal Or does her heal not scale well later in the game and she's useless for that purpose?

It still seems like the Occultist would have the better debuff, it's -10% more damage reduction at each skill level.
She pairs well with the Occultist. You can double debuff and/or use damage dealing abilities with both of them. They make sure nobody dies. Also, with two healing trinkets, her group heal does ridiculous amounts. It's not rare for even a level 3 Vestal to heal everyone for 7.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
The subreddit is pretty active. Been getting almost all my info from there.

Most recent patch reduced exp needed for resolve 4/5/6. Lots of complaints about how that does nothing given the still absurd deed requirements for Blacksmith.
Lost my first level 6 today. Was my favorite one too, my Grave Robber with On Guard, Evasive and ranged crit locked in. I think they shoulda increased exp for level 3-4 and reduced 5-6.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
More Darkest Dungeon rantings:

Having your entire team from a successful incursion refuse to go back is such needless dickfuckery. I'm at over 50 hours on my hamlet since release, the last thing I want to do at this point is mindless grinding to level up new classes that I want to use for the DD. Oh look, your two vestals have been completed a DD run? Time to go run 6-10 bullshit missions again to level a 3rd to use! God help you if you have a couple near/full wipes before succeeding. Seems very easy to burn through 12-16 level 6 characters and be forced to start a full grind back over again.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
More Darkest Dungeon rantings:

Having your entire team from a successful incursion refuse to go back is such needless dickfuckery. I'm at over 50 hours on my hamlet since release, the last thing I want to do at this point is mindless grinding to level up new classes that I want to use for the DD. Oh look, your two vestals have been completed a DD run? Time to go run 6-10 bullshit missions again to level a 3rd to use! God help you if you have a couple near/full wipes before succeeding. Seems very easy to burn through 12-16 level 6 characters and be forced to start a full grind back over again.
Yes, literally my only complaint with the game is the inability to send in overpowered heroes into lower dungeons, and then what you've spoilered but I haven't personally experienced just sounds like more the same. It's a really strange, arbitrary, and unintuitive mechanic all around. There are plenty of ways they(he?) could balance the issues of overpowering things. Even a toggle for each individual hero to disallow hitting RL 3 (and 5 or 6 for champ conversion, whatever it is) would be very welcome.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
There's mods out for the game, though I haven't really checked any out. If the games moddable, I'd think someone may have made a way to get around that. I also agree I don't like the design decision that your heroes are temporarily usable even if they succeed. Losing your heroes because they die or go insane is fine. Losing them because you beat a dungeon is wtf.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I continued now with my champion only roster. Immediately lost one to the hag, and another to a shaman stress attack. I've burned through 150k to outfit enough characters for champion dungeons, and now I'm broke again. I'm this tempted to apply those mods mentioned earlier to stack more money, the money grind is still just as real as before. Secret rooms are so fucking rare now that even with an ancestors map + explorer quirk you don't scout half the time.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
There's mods out for the game, though I haven't really checked any out. If the games moddable, I'd think someone may have made a way to get around that. I also agree I don't like the design decision that your heroes are temporarily usable even if they succeed. Losing your heroes because they die or go insane is fine. Losing them because you beat a dungeon is wtf.
I'm sure there's a legit mod out there for it, but if you want to make it so you can go into lower level dungeons with your higher level chars, you can go to your steamapps/common/DarkestDungeon/campaign/quest/quest.json file and at the very end change the numbers to be:

They will still bark at being too high level but you can use them in your party no problem.