Darkest Dungeon

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
Thanks, was wondering if I was missing something big beyond just understanding of mechanics or stumbling on the learning curve. It's interesting that this seems like one of those games where you can't wait to go back to pounding your head against the wall to try to break through to that next level of play. A lot of oddities I'm hoping that they sort out eventually also. Good artwork and tone and they've got the foundation for something good so I'm hoping that they keep up with it. I really do wish that there was some kind of way to see the order of attack or to force aggro. I will maintain my ragequit until the weekend but then I'll retry my week 3 game again. Thanks for the info sir.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Hellion nerfs were lazy and makes breakthru basically unusable. Combined with iron swan being rank 1 only and the huge HP nerf I just don't see room for her in a party anymore.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Funny to hear about the nerf. I was watching Twitch late last night and thinking to myself - where the fuck are all the Hellions at? Now I know.

Elidroth_sl

shitlord
I love this game. Played for like 6 hours last night. Reminds me so much of Wizardry but in a side-scroller format. So cool

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Do they have an estimated release date yet? Last I heard there were huge, frequent balance updates. I'm definitely interested in playing, but I know myself well enough to know that playing it in early access means I'll probably never touch it again when it actually launches.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Wow, thanks for the recommendation. This game is amazingly fun and dangerously addictive. Anybody have a good site with tips? Played all day straight yesterday and have a roster of lvl 2 dudes and just trying to do as many quests as possible before being forced to do the "boss" quest in each of the 3 zones.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
This be on sale today - $15.

Worth it?
I joined early on in beta and periodically would play as a filler between Smite games etc and on weekends. Definitely fuck and early game can be flat out hard especially when you just start learning the game. Well worth the money and pretty fun.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah this game is highly recommended from me. And I'm sure that carries a lot of weight, so buy it!

It's roughly 60% complete as far as content (still 2 un-implemented areas), but it's still well worth the $20 or less.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Hmmm. I'd like to get it, and it's on my wishlist, but I'm not in that big a rush I guess.

I bet Winter sale will prolly have it sub $10.

I'm cheap.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I take it if I get into a fight I can't win, I lose all 4 guys and there's no running away, I can only abandon a run during travel mode?

What kind of power level should I have before attempting a veteran difficulty thing? I had all four guys on 3, I had +1 weapons and +2 armor and skills trained as well, but I lost both the crusader and the MaA to a single attack from the pigotaurus which critted for pretty much their max hp and pushed them back to spot 4. My vestal couldn't cast anymore due to being in spot 2 and then my highwayman was killed right away. After that it just went downhill from stress and stuns and the fact I just couldnt finish off the other two small enemies because the pigotaurus was a slot 1-2 guy and with my highwayman dead I had no attacks that could hit 3 or 4

Was that just pure bad luck? I got 11 weeks in without losing a single guy or even getting close, but my second veteran dungeon I just got whacked.

also, what happens to items I find but can't use on the heroes in my current party? I just lose them along with all extra rations and torches?

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I thought I recall being able to flee from a combat, but I may be wrong.

Veterans at level 3 are just as tough as the beginning of the game, possibly even more so. Also keep in mind, if nothing has changed in the past few months, level 3 characters can't participate in the lower level dungeons, so be careful with your leveling until you have all three of the bosses down in the lowest dungeons.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yes, level 3 heroes will refuse to go on a green difficulty dungeon run. However, since I keep my town upgrades, I'm still better off playing on with new heroes rather than starting over?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
yes, level 3 heroes will refuse to go on a green difficulty dungeon run. However, since I keep my town upgrades, I'm still better off playing on with new heroes rather than starting over?
Yes, upgrade that caravan to max and churn out the death.

Krag

Peasant
So I take it if I get into a fight I can't win, I lose all 4 guys and there's no running away, I can only abandon a run during travel mode?
You can (try to) run away from battles I'm pretty sure (not at the computer right now), but I think it has a somewhat high chance to fail. There's a white flag thing in the corner of the map to back out of a fight if I remember correctly.

also, what happens to items I find but can't use on the heroes in my current party? I just lose them along with all extra rations and torches?
The trinkets you find go in the chest in the bottom right hand corner, you can open that and open the inventory for a hero to equip them.