Darkest Dungeon

Hathe

Silver Knight of the Realm
Finally picked this game up. Around week 20 so far, fairly frustrating game. Just did my first medium dungeon and tried to plan it out the best I could. Manage to get to the last fight and my party is fairly stressed. End up getting +20-25 stress on one person, has a heart attack, another party member has a heart attack due to this, then a 3rd has heart attack due to the previous one having a heart attack. Last man standing destroys all 4 mobs. That's a roguelike, alright!

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
They announced January 19 will be the full release and exit from Early Access. I didn't start playing until after they added corpses so I don't have anything else to compare the game to, but I feel like every update has made the game better and more polished. Looking forward to seeing what the final release holds.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The only big question that remains is what the actual "darkest dungeon" is going to be. If they can pull off a procedurally generated endgame type of thing similar to Isaac with a final boss at the very bottom? Hooooooly shit this game will be gold.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I haven't played in a couple months. I'll have to fire it back up again.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
This officially comes out tomorrow. Haven't played since the big patch in October but really enjoyed it for what it is and plan to install it on a surface pro for some upcoming flights as it seems like it'd be a good game for pen clicking.

Krag

Peasant
I'm looking forward to starting a new hamlet, even if town events and the merchant class won't be in tomorrow.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Launch day and I am pumped, if I wasn't doing the fantasy grounds thing tonight I would sink some serious hours into this.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I haven't looked at all the achievements but the 5 or 6 I've gotten in the first few weeks have just been progression (get to the hamlet - ie complete the tutorial, complete the first ruins quest, visit the graveyard in the hamlet, etc).

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Starting over is rough, I had a fortune doing dark runs before they nerfed them and Helions on my original estate and things seem really expensive all of a sudden
smile.png
. So the plan is to just churn out dudes and use them until they are useless spending as little as possible until I have my town upgraded again.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are a dozen real achievements, such as kill a boss or complete a dungeon with 4 afflicted heroes, collect 20k gold in a single quest or win in 99 weeks.

There are however a bunch of failchievements - lose a hero to hunger - that's something you need to do deliberately...

Caliane

giving it a shot. so much love here.
Kindof meh on it. guess this kind of roguelike is not my cup of tea. sunless sea/ftl..

whats with the party titles?

like, I put (front to back) crusader, rogue, plague doc, and vestal. and it calls the party "the ususal suspects".
If I swap it, and put, crusader, rogue, vestal, plauge doc. it calls it "red Hook"

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
giving it a shot. so much love here.
Kindof meh on it. guess this kind of roguelike is not my cup of tea. sunless sea/ftl..

whats with the party titles?

like, I put (front to back) crusader, rogue, plague doc, and vestal. and it calls the party "the ususal suspects".
If I swap it, and put, crusader, rogue, vestal, plauge doc. it calls it "red Hook"
So people can say I used Red Hook to burn down such and such area. Instead of spelling it out.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Found some really nice combos, this game does a great job at making you feel powerful but you still know you can get your ass kicked.

Jester, Man at arms, whatever, whatever has been my go to for a while now, the Jester and man at arms buff and debuff as needed while the others mop up.