Darkest Dungeon

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Game is absolutely great, but isn't done yet. I played through everything they had when it first went to early access, but haven't gone back since cause I don't want to overdo it before it's complete or whatever.

What they had done though was some of the best tactical rogue-lite/rpg type stuff I've ever played.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The game kinda got too hard, I can't win a green dungeon with four 0s anymore, I can't get a team together that can win a yellow dungeon without casualties - I grinded up hard to get 3-3 equipment on three veterans, went in with an apprentice and ended up losing that apprentice and a veteran in the final fight. I could have stomached just the apprentice, but the veteran crusader got critted to Deaths door, and then died right after that from the bleed effect that came with the attack.

Kinda sucks that you can't turn off tutorial mode when you start over. Also sucks that Cove is still not in, because deeds + portraits sounds just like what you need to get those level up benefits working. Am I right that unless you get better gear and skills, your level ups mean absolutely nothing?

Also, combat healing seems pretty pointless unless to get someone from deaths door?

starting over was actually the right choice, week 15 I am now sitting on 7 veterans, doing the first veteran mission now with 3/4 equipment and rank 3 skills, with wizened hag, 8 lb and necro apprentice dead. Zero deaths so far. What I changed around the most was using the sanitorium more to get rid of impulsive shit and use items more to get 100% safe results from curios.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I bought this a while back but didn't want to play until it was pretty polished. I saw they released a major patch a few days ago, so I installed and fired it up last night. I have no idea where those four hours went.

Here's thepatch notes:

Houndmaster Hero!
Steam Cloud Save
In-Game Glossary: access it by clicking the BOOK icon in town
Sanitarium reworked: lock positive quirks, treat diseases
Diseases and Quirks now separate
Replaced enemy tooltip with full enemy panel!
Corpses in combat
Medicinal Herbs and Holy Water now consumable
Class adjustments and skill changes
Lots of general balancing and tuning
Audio enhancements
?and more!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
They broke the game with the last patch, so wait a bit for another to hit. The level 0-2 game is fine, but it falls apart once you hit level 3 and the medium tier dungeons. 60+ protection on every 2space monster (ghouls, swinetaur, etc), crits do half damage, trinkets all nerfed, etc. It's just an impossible meat grinder right now trying to bleed/plague down a 70hp ghoul that's constantly AE stressing you, or a 2 space skeleton quad stunning you over and over.

Don't even get me started on 70% protection maggots with blight/stun/stress on every attack.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Guess I'll learn the game and appreciate it when it gets nerfed back to playability. Thanks for the heads up.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
This game is awesome, but I was hoping this lastest patch would have included the fourth area. Enough heroes already, give me another dungeon!

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
They broke the game with the last patch, so wait a bit for another to hit. The level 0-2 game is fine, but it falls apart once you hit level 3 and the medium tier dungeons. 60+ protection on every 2space monster (ghouls, swinetaur, etc), crits do half damag8e, trinkets all nerfed, etc. It's just an impossible meat grinder right now trying to bleed/plague down a 70hp ghoul that's constantly AE stressing you, or a 2 space skeleton quad stunning you over and over.

Don't even get me started on 70% protection maggots with blight/stun/stress on every attack.
I've got 16 hours played over the last week. I'm liking the game, for sure, but I'm hitting a brick wall with these high protection creatures. High protection combined with the diseases that have significant performance reductions make the game too ball busting once you hit veteran, imo.

It's still in early access so I'll uninstall and hope a balance patch comes sooner than later.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I'm just waiting for further patches at this point. The bone commanders and ghouls etc in the veteran missions are just impossible to deal with right now.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I wasn't having any problems with stress until veteran dungeons when I couldn't kill the damn things AoE stressing me. Suuuuper frustrating.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea it works great for levels 0-2, but it instantly falls apart once you start trying to send level 3+ parties out.

I fired up an old save and tried to run with a level 6 party and it felt actually impossible. Bone Commanders have 80% prot, maggots have 75%, ghouls 75%, all are almost immune to bleed and 60+ resistant to blight. Even assuming you could dot them, a bone commander will wipe your party by the time you could stack enough blight to take down his 160hp.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They broke the game with the last patch, so wait a bit for another to hit. The level 0-2 game is fine, but it falls apart once you hit level 3 and the medium tier dungeons. 60+ protection on every 2space monster (ghouls, swinetaur, etc), crits do half damage, trinkets all nerfed, etc. It's just an impossible meat grinder right now trying to bleed/plague down a 70hp ghoul that's constantly AE stressing you, or a 2 space skeleton quad stunning you over and over.

I have no problem killing red bosses or clearing red dungeons. Sure, it's a lot harder, and you may have to abandon, but it's a whole lot better than the guaranteed death free run I did with a week 71 all bosses down.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Saw this post stickied on their Steam forums:

After the July update, the next stop for us will be the Cove, a completely new dungeon with it's own bosses, monsters, curios, traps, and obstacles! If things weren't salty enough, get ready to choke down on the briny waters as your sodden adventurers push ever closer to...

The Darkest Dungeon!

Our full 1.0 release is scheduled for late October, this year!

The final dungeon and story content will be added, and you will conclude your quest to restore your family's estate, or die trying. What can you expect in the Darkest Dungeon? We're not saying a word...

Thank you all for your support and enthusiasm - we're working as hard as we can to bring you a fantastic experience!

-The Darkest Dungeon Team

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
On sale again on steam, but I'm reading a lot of reviews that say there have been patches that have turned the game to shit.

legit?

turbo

Molten Core Raider
On sale again on steam, but I'm reading a lot of reviews that say there have been patches that have turned the game to shit.

legit?
Every few weeks I fire up a game; I've been in beta or whatever for quite some time now and honestly I wouldn't say they made it drastically worse over time. If you enjoyed the game style I definitely would pick it up for a quick time consumer here and there. For people like me who froth at the mouth at the mere idea of one of my finely geared and farmed players to die its a hard change of pace but its kinda fun. Definitely can get your ass handed to you early and often if you aren't an experienced player so be ready. Doesn't let you save/load outside of its one file that is always updating so you can't scum save/load your way though. For the price I'd definitely grab.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Next big content patch is in September, adds new class(es) and a new dungeon to explore. They just had a balance patch today that removed some of the more retarded shit they put in last patch (fucking 66% protection maggots are gone finally) and made the last new class (houndmaster) they put in actually viable.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
I use Occultist, Houndmaster, 2x Leper and it's pretty easy. Just -dmg hex anything that hits hard, bleed everything else out with houdmaster and lepers just sit there chain prot helaing themselves. Finish most fights with full health/no stress.

It's tedious as fuck though.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
That's really the issue with the latest updates; it just reduces the game to a tedious grind.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
New update yesterday, the Cove is now available, and a lot of great changes such as "disable tutorials",more narrator lines, automatic stress reduction in town, surprising monsters is no longer a free win (but still good), bigger roster, supplies are sold back after a run, equipment upgrades now also give new character art.

Oh and they did a real thing on trinkets, I only got one so far, a common one, but it's now just +20% stun skill chance, no penalty.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My "Speed run" attempt so far
wink.png

Week 6 Apprentice Necromancer - YouTube