Dating

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You know, that's actually not a bad way to think about it. The only problem is determining if they're gonna be a good wife before you need to find a new job....
Sometimes you gotta roll the dice! But if you're working with or near someone for any length of time, you can probably get a pretty decent read on whether they're a shit person or not. Can always be wrong of course, but WAY better odds than any other way of meeting people. At the very least, she can hold down a job lol.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
If someone "verbally shreds" you for some mild exploring, then you're probably lucky to get that red flag thrown in your face early. Even among mostly sane people, you don't want to wait too long to try what you need to try to be sure that you're going to have compatible interests. The internet is filled to the brim with posts like "how do I get my wife to do x". You should have made sure she was into x before you even considered making her your wife.

I'll never get all that "how do I get my wife to do X" stuff that's all over the internet. Always makes me wonder why they married someone who isn't into their main thing. Usually it's a three-way or buttsex or something. I know people have other priorities and lots of other things can draw you to a woman (or you're just desperate) but I'd think guys would at least mention things early-on and find out if they're out of the question.

Most things are pretty basic to get someone to go along with provided you have mutual trust and she likes you enough. Shower sex or at least making out in the shower/bath and wasting lots of water is my #1 "thing", so if someone refuses to take coed showers with me that's a dealbreaker.

How's it going for you pharmakos pharmakos - getting that sacred pussy?

Yeah, where the fuck is pharmakos pharmakos ?

You guys are crazy with the coworker thing being a no-no. Most meet eachother at work over here. SH and HR can go screw themselves, heh.

I've seen plenty of coworkers hook up. The younger the people working at a place, the more common it is. Restaurants are basically big orgies around here, all the waitresses and all the waiters are boning on the side. Political canvassing organizational offices are also hotbeds for couples forming, shared causes and all that.

When I was pretty young I worked at Home Depot. Met the HR woman and she was surprisingly about my age, new at the job, and a very cute Italian. Her and I hit it off and had a good rapport. Was talking to my main co-worker (who was also training me) on the dock a couple weeks in and the cute HR lady came up (mostly him going "how about that cute new HR lady") and I said I'd like to ask her out for dinner but who knows if she'd be interested so I don't know. Was more or less fishing to see if he had any advice (like "don't do it") but he didn't.

Next day I go in there and the entire fucking Home Depot knows I have a thing for the HR lady, but not in a "aww, he's got a crush" kind of way. No, in a gossipy "oh boy can't wait to see him get in trouble lol" kind of way.

Store manager pulls me aside for a quick chat and tells me it's 100% against the store rules for employees to date, so he was just letting me know that if I had any ideas of dating anyone who worked there, I should get rid of them now.

I left that job soon after because my co-worker was such a shifty POS gossip and so to, apparently, were everyone else there. The HR lady never said anything about it and kept being just as nice to me as always, though she did look at me a bit differently after that. Almost like apologetic or something? Not sure how to describe it. After a couple more weeks of dealing with how everyone I worked with was an annoying gossip-hound and being outright harassed by one guy, I did go to her and tender my resignation and she seemed sad to see me go and that was that. Shoulda asked her out on the way out the door, because why not.

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know people have other priorities and lots of other things can draw you to a woman (or you're just desperate) but I'd think guys would at least mention things early-on and find out if they're out of the question.
Those "other priorities" are why so many people end up divorced or in joyless marriages. That's not to say great sex trumps everything else, but if you can find someone you enjoy being around that you're also sexually compatible with, those two things can make up a LOT of ground in other areas. You should really push all the boundaries that are important to you early on just for some proper expectation setting. Not just sexually either. If you really need to spend all day every Sunday painting miniatures, then might as well make sure she's on board with that from the start. If it's not easy from the start, you're gonna have a bad time later on.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Those "other priorities" are why so many people end up divorced or in joyless marriages. That's not to say great sex trumps everything else, but if you can find someone you enjoy being around that you're also sexually compatible with, those two things can make up a LOT of ground in other areas. You should really push all the boundaries that are important to you early on just for some proper expectation setting. Not just sexually either. If you really need to spend all day every Sunday painting miniatures, then might as well make sure she's on board with that from the start. If it's not easy from the start, you're gonna have a bad time later on.

Funny, I actually know a guy who spends a fair bit of his sundays painting miniatures and had to make sure his wife accepted it. In any case, you're right that it's better to discuss these things upfront. Most people hide their proclivities, either because they think they'll be judged for the nature of their hobbies, or because they think the other person won't want to be with someone who has other interests. It's weird.

In my case things are way easier if I tell women up front that A) I play a fair amount of video games in my off time and B) I often need time to myself and for her to leave me alone. Always been that way, some women cannot freaking handle it. One girl left me because I kept blowing her off, needing a few days to myself to work on life stuff. Invited me to go swimming with her at 7 in the morning and I was too tired to go out at that hour, then I got a breakup text. Whoop. I think she expected me to chase after her and fight to keep her or something, and instead I was just like "Well, if that's what you want" lol

As far as people hiding their interests goes... scroll through Tinder and apparently all the girls have their interests as like "Exercise, hiking, skydiving, travel" and all the guys have their interests as "Exercise, hiking, sports, skydiving" and it's bo-ring. If they were honest, the guys would have interests like gaming and pro wrestling listed more than never, and if the women were honest more than zero of them would have "sitting on the couch drinking wine and watching Netflix" as their interest.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Funny, I actually know a guy who spends a fair bit of his sundays painting miniatures and had to make sure his wife accepted it. In any case, you're right that it's better to discuss these things upfront. Most people hide their proclivities, either because they think they'll be judged for the nature of their hobbies, or because they think the other person won't want to be with someone who has other interests. It's weird.

In my case things are way easier if I tell women up front that A) I play a fair amount of video games in my off time and B) I often need time to myself and for her to leave me alone. Always been that way, some women cannot freaking handle it. One girl left me because I kept blowing her off, needing a few days to myself to work on life stuff. Invited me to go swimming with her at 7 in the morning and I was too tired to go out at that hour, then I got a breakup text. Whoop. I think she expected me to chase after her and fight to keep her or something, and instead I was just like "Well, if that's what you want" lol

As far as people hiding their interests goes... scroll through Tinder and apparently all the girls have their interests as like "Exercise, hiking, skydiving, travel" and all the guys have their interests as "Exercise, hiking, sports, skydiving" and it's bo-ring. If they were honest, the guys would have interests like gaming and pro wrestling listed more than never, and if the women were honest more than zero of them would have "sitting on the couch drinking wine and watching Netflix" as their interest.
i also paint figurines and i love it. i'm just not very good at the finework. i can do it, but it takes me way too long to get shit just right. i'm embarrassed to admit i use water soluble paint due to the mistakes i make. i hide my hobbies from my girl because she isnt a girl nerd and i dont want her to think i'm weird. she doesnt get why i go thrifting. her daughter thrifts too and she still doesnt understand it.

i got this at a garage sale yesterday.
hydra.jpg

it dwarfs the chinese dragon figurines i have. i dont know what i should do with it. keep it as is. paint it all one color with dif color highlits or go elemental and paint each head a different color. was thinking green body and head with the other heads representing fire and water and so on.

Last edited:

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Yeah, that's why meeting people in real life is always going to be better than on a dating app. Infinitely less convenient of course, but that's the tradeoff. It's one thing if you're just trying to get laid, but if you're actually looking for a partner, you need to be actively qualifying/disqualifying just like the women are. I think most guys get stuck in the "I need to make her like me" mode and never realize that there's anything else.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Another short and accurate bit from whoever this is.

• 1Solidarity

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Asking around supposedly this woman has never been with anyone else here.
You're asking other people around work if she's been with anybody else at work?

Well...so much for not being creepy, I guess.

EDIT: Just read that she shot you down. What a shocker..

• 1Worf

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
You're asking other people around work if she's been with anybody else at work?

Well...so much for not being creepy, I guess.

EDIT: Just read that she shot you down. What a shocker..
Yeah i went into the break room and asked the first person i saw if shes sucked anyones dick.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah i went into the break room and asked the first person i saw if shes sucked anyones dick.
That would have at least given you points in the "direct" and possibly "humor" categories.

Instead, you asked around the office just bringing it up in casual conversation like it was the weather..."So, what's the deal with Marcy?! Has she ever dated anyone at work?!". That's definitely the less creepy way to do it. I'm sure it didn't get back to her at all that you were asking around about her dating life at work... :rolleyes:

• 2Worf

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Witnessed work bro give number to coworker

I thought it was slick like I had witnessed outcome

But after he leaves, she said "Why do people always be peopling" and then she tossed the receipt paper with his number

• 1Worf

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
That would have at least given you points in the "direct" and possibly "humor" categories.

Instead, you asked around the office just bringing it up in casual conversation like it was the weather..."So, what's the deal with Marcy?! Has she ever dated anyone at work?!". That's definitely the less creepy way to do it. I'm sure it didn't get back to her at all that you were asking around about her dating life at work... :rolleyes:
Considering shes just as talkative to me now as before, your assessment is just a tad bit off.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Witnessed work bro give number to coworker

I thought it was slick like I had witnessed outcome

But after he leaves, she said "Why do people always be peopling" and then she tossed the receipt paper with his number
This is my favorite cognitive dissonant aspect of modern women. If a dude gets shot down, most (soy fucks aside) rub some dirt in it and get back in the mix. Women, on the other hand, cannot even slightly handle rejection and lose their shit if they face even a hint of what the average man had to endure forty fucking years ago.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Her stove is probably in the island. My brother's kitchen is like that.