Dating

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
There is a profound irony here. She is (essentially) cheating on her husband and seriously considering divorce yet going to mass? I can only hope that God convicts her and that He sends you a wake-up call. This woman is going to hurt you, man.
Pope Francis has softened the Catholic church's stance on divorce. *shrugs*

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Pope Francis is a commie pinko, the church doesnt change anything. if Jesus comes back and updates the rules to allow divorce, then OK. Pope scumbag will be dead in 5 years.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Jorge is paving the way to hell for a lot of people. It's a real shame that Benedict's body was too frail to match his piety and uprightness.

Be very careful you don't torpedo the relationship with your 'taking a step back from intimacy' plan. I'm going to assume for your sake that she's being truthful because there would be no point in pursuing this if you had serious doubts about her honesty. That being said, she's probably pretty starved for intimacy if she's estranged from her husband and not using her business trips to cougar it up, so maybe frame it more about taking things slowly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
There is a profound irony here. She is (essentially) cheating on her husband and seriously considering divorce yet going to mass? I can only hope that God convicts her and that He sends you a wake-up call. This woman is going to hurt you, man.
Keep your invisible sky wizard out of this.

• 2Moron
  • 1GreNeg
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I wonder how God feels about that!
Matthew 5 says "except for immorality." Her husband took back on the word he gave her when they got engaged, when he promised to have multiple children with her. Honestly don't feel like I'm just rules lawyering by thinking that counts.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Jorge is paving the way to hell for a lot of people. It's a real shame that Benedict's body was too frail to match his piety and uprightness.
Benedict helped cover up child molestation, or at least that's the most commonly accepted reason for why he stepped down.

Francis is being more Christlike by pushing for more pastoral discernment rather than Pharisees like black and white rules. Sometimes it's okay to eat the priest's bread if you're hungry, just ask David.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Keep your invisible sky wizard out of this.
Bruv, I'm Christian, and would 100% be willing to go back to Catholicism with this woman. I've already been thinking about it every since Pope Francis took over anyway. This discussion is 100% relevant and I really appreciate my brothers here that are giving honest advice.

• 1Garbage
  • 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
go back to Catholicism... ...I've already been thinking about it every since Pope Francis took over anyway

grandpamaison.gif

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Amod Amod can we have a thread name change to "Chemo, Christ and chubby softies - a pharmakos dating adventure" or similar.

• 4Worf
  • 2Mother of God
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Bruv, I'm Christian, and would 100% be willing to go back to Catholicism with this woman. I've already been thinking about it every since Pope Francis took over anyway. This discussion is 100% relevant and I really appreciate my brothers here that are giving honest advice.
go be like the other hypocrites and become born again.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Matthew 5 says "except for immorality." Her husband took back on the word he gave her when they got engaged, when he promised to have multiple children with her. Honestly don't feel like I'm just rules lawyering by thinking that counts.

My last comment wasn't necessarily referring to your particular situation, but I would caution you that you don't overlook a transgression in one area just because things might be right in another. Virtue is a quality you can't compromise on when it comes to women. It does not seem virtuous to me that she would be sneaking around with you while she's still married to her husband.

Also, why would you convert to Catholicism? You would go from being able to speak to God directly and having a personal relationship with Jesus to having to pray to saints to intercede on your behalf? That's backwards. If anything, you should be converting her to Protestantism. As a man, you are called to be the spiritual leader of your household (Ephesians 5 says fantastic things about this), so if you feel like this relationship is worth anything whatsoever, you need to take charge spiritually, which means setting appropriate boundaries between the two of you and guiding her towards true doctrine. (But you really should just run away!)

• 2Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I took the liberty of putting your own contradictions next to each other.

The kind of job where she flies overseas to places like Taiwan or India for a week each month.
Kind of blown away that she's even interested in me.

Thing is.... She's married and has not told her husband she wants a divorce.
She seems like she's a genuinely good person with a big heart, but yeah y'know?

Seems like she's got everything else in her life figured out...

She's got everything in her life figured out except for the highest value relationship in her life? Bro. You asked about red flags. She is one giant red flag.

It sounds like you're genuinely interested in her. She isn't even too good to be true. She's cheating on her husband. What an asshole!

• 2Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
In a practical sense, the biggest green flag is she's offered to pay for me to go back to school. But I understand that's also a big red flag lol. Feels like I'd be a fool to pass it up tho.

She's married. You're a horrible secret. You're not even in a relationship and she wants to pay for your school!?

Everything I'm reading is you pretzeling yourself to make it work. So, why are you even asking? Even though you know it's a bad idea you want to do it anyways, so do it.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Also, why would you convert to Catholicism?
You have to be the change you want to see in the world. Not saying I would go back and blindly follow. I would try to be an active part of the reform that has been happening.