Day Shift (2022)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yeah, this was a bit of an odd duck.
fun, and stupid, and very forgettable. doesn't break ANY new ground at all. doesn't even try.

lots of action, but its all cgi fighting. lame. vamps are made of play-doh. weak, and just get bodied left and right.

jamie fox tells you hes black like 5 times in the first 10min. but that shit does stop pretty quick, and the racist shit stops. I thought the treating of the accountant was more racism at first, but reconsidering it just mockery of "nerds", considering Foxx's electro.
The treatment of that character is just weird, not funny. like someones fetish.

"Kill all vampires", to eh, "some are ok". was quick...

At one point the "kinds of vampires" is noted. but its quick, and the movie doesn't really do a good job differentiating. And this really hurts the movie. As most of the vamps act like zombies half the time, busting through walls, ceilings?, and one hiding in a fucking cabinet for some fucking reason.. while others act intelligent. Which is it movie? and why?
Oh, I guess this one is an "uber" vamp. special blood that makes him stronger, and cutting off his head doesn't work. why did she leave his body there to resurrect alone? who knows?

Snoop worship hurt the movie. Lame as stunts. lets pause the movie and remind everyone snoop is just the coolest ever, like 5 times.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Also the Vampire Queen was not hot at all, which sucks if your femdom simp tendencies normally scream "YES PLEASE" when they threaten to turn you into their eternal slave simp

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Movie is horrible but somehow watchable.

One thing I noticed was in the opening scene there was 4 condensers outside the house wth

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

Movie is horrible but somehow watchable.

One thing I noticed was in the opening scene there was 4 condensers outside the house wth

not sure if they are basing their vampires on other lore or just making it up. in some mythologies, vampires don't sleep but they can fall into a state of torpor when it is cold to conserve whatever the vamps run on.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
DAF6E1FB-EAA1-420E-A2E9-F07305F5378F.jpeg

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Was this based off something? It feels like you're suppose to know what the hell they are talking about in the movie 99% of the time. They just mention shit and move on, so it doesnt really slow down the movie much.. but it makes me curious.

I dont think this is the type of movie I would watch a second time, but it was good enough to sit through.

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
A couple of nods to The Lost Boys. I dug it.
You definitely have to go in with the right mindset. It's silly, over-the-top, campy. Much
better after a brownie.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This comes out strong with the first fight, then kind of goes down hill from that point. The brothers were over the top ridiculous in a not fun way. I am never a fan of fights that no human alive could have reproduced in such a perfect way. I was thinking they might be vampires given the perfection of what they did. There were a few chuckles " Did he just throw me UP the stairs?" but the movie tried to hard. Felt like it could have been an actual series given some of the details they explained and then ignored. Jamie Foxes character is invincible of course. How he manages to hide his true job from his wife is amazing given the damage he should be taking. Snoop Dog was irritating with this " I am badass and all should worship me" vibe that felt like it was part of his contract much more than the script. As somebody previously wrote " The more you think about the movie, the dumber the movie feels".

Its another watch once, and then never really think about ever again, kind of movie.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This comes out strong with the first fight, then kind of goes down hill from that point. The brothers were over the top ridiculous in a not fun way. I am never a fan of fights that no human alive could have reproduced in such a perfect way. I was thinking they might be vampires given the perfection of what they did. There were a few chuckles " Did he just throw me UP the stairs?" but the movie tried to hard. Felt like it could have been an actual series given some of the details they explained and then ignored. Jamie Foxes character is invincible of course. How he manages to hide his true job from his wife is amazing given the damage he should be taking. Snoop Dog was irritating with this " I am badass and all should worship me" vibe that felt like it was part of his contract much more than the script. As somebody previously wrote " The more you think about the movie, the dumber the movie feels".

Its another watch once, and then never really think about ever again, kind of movie.

I thought the brothers were the best part of the movie! They were so ridiculous it was funny!

Snoop Dogg was horrible. WTF thought casting him was a good idea?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user