Day Shift (2022)

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I liked the brothers specifically because usually it is the main star doing all of the ridiculous fighting, but in this one it was some side characters we never see again. There was literally no way anyone can fight the way they did, and to me it was done on purpose to sort of reinforce that the "ridiculous" stuff Fox does is nothing compared to what they could have had him doing.

I mean come on, he asks his brother to "send one" so he ejects a bullet which the first brother somehow catches in the chamber and loads and fires one-handed all in one backflip motion? That's clearly someone thinking up the most ridiculous move they can think of.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yeah. the bullet thing is a good example of it being a bit too much over the top. I think the main issue, is the vamps themselves are made to seem totally incompetent. and in general that scene just turns into a video game. Vamps litterly popping out of the walls, ceiling, cabinets. why would they do that?
And its the wonder woman in no man's land problem. if your characters are SO much stronger then the villains, it stops being heroic. they are just slaughtering ants. And, this is then coupled with the later. oh, wait, Vamps aren't all evil? so, those vamps just playing video games were just some kids?

• 1Solidarity

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just want to know about the different branches of the Vampire people. Gimme some lore, Netflix.

Whats really sad about this movie is that.. its generally better than the rest of the shit Netflix puts out. The movie is far from noteworthy though, so.. that should say a lot.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wasnt a bad watch. Just a dumb silly movie to watch on a Friday night. Nothing special but its entertaining. Especially compared to most movies coming out lately.

Kiki

Log Wizard
Dave Franco had some good moments, but otherwise the acting was meh. There was one moment that Snoop Dogg totally did his choreography too early or something during the fight in the tunnel and they just left it in, probably didn't have time with him for reshoots. Good action flick, I liked some of the gunplay and the boot knives were cool, get intoxicated first.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I just want to know about the different branches of the Vampire people. Gimme some lore, Netflix.

Whats really sad about this movie is that.. its generally better than the rest of the shit Netflix puts out. The movie is far from noteworthy though, so.. that should say a lot.

Yeah, it feels like the lore could have been fleshed out further

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I thought the setting and idea behind the union was interesting, and it def feels like it could have been a series. A lot was hinted at that I'd love to explore more of. But yeah, it was pretty silly, and Fox's character never once felt like he was in danger. The brothers... I don't even know what was up with them. They were entertaining at least?

Worth a watch if nothing else is on I suppose.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Not gonna lie I found this super enjoyable and over the top.

Well shit guess imdb didnt work. Amod Amod can you fix this to Day Shift

• 1Picard

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
here you go Amod Amod

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Not gonna lie I found this super enjoyable and over the top.

Well shit guess imdb didnt work. Amod Amod can you fix this to Day Shift

Not only does IMDB not work, per the sticky, we already have a thread for this.

Fried Rice Cooking GIF by Nigel Ng (Uncle Roger)

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I borrowed Brahma Brahma 's eyes when I looked and everything looked like lines of coke even at 640x480 with text set at 200%.

When we are too old to play our games, and fuck around on this message board...when our grandchildren are visiting us because our kids are making them go see the man that smells like pee pee. YOU my dear Janx Janx will be known as the doo doo man. Why? Because I will pay your nurse extra to not change your diaper when the time comes. To put a laxative in your prune juice. To make sure that all your food is puréed.

Lastly I shall meet your grandchildren at the door of the retirement home with candy, cakes and sweets. Like some creepy old Uncle Ruckus. I will ask them who they came to see. They will say "The Doo Doo Man!" And I shall hand them cake.

May your tooshie forever be raw Doo Doo Man! You summa bitch!

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Movie really feels like the Director was out of film school and using every cool thing he was shown.