DayZ, Arma2, Arma3

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
im liking it so far, my first spawn i found this little area with some buildings, low and behold i come outside 4 guys in gas masks and m4s staring me down, telling me to take off my pants and get on the ground, so i did whatever lets play along, then they begin to handcuff me lol i was fucking around in the options changing key bindings and i didnt know saving would exit me out, so that was the end of that i woulda liked to see it transpire.

yeah had enough fun in the 2 hours or so i fucked around and got chopped up, shot, and infected to death went ahead and bought it, add me on steam teck.

W

Wrathcaster

Game is fun enough as long as you're going for the survival aspect rather than pure combat. There's really only four firearms in game right now (apparently they did add the .357 in the game, it's just super rare). There's no vehicles and there's some issues with firearms combat up close and personal due to lag/desync. There's a decent chance that your character will get wiped at one point or another, and playing solely to get uber geared and PvP is going to leave you frustrated.

Teck, and to all the other peeps that just got the game or looking for others to play with, Muur, Hekotat, and myself are pretty loaded with weapons, ammo, and medical supplies at this point, and more are always welcome to join up and hop in TS with us. Jendryk2000 or JendrykEpsilon for those who haven't seen my Steam posted the last 80 times in the thread.

I'll be on later tonight most likely (10 pm or later CST) and I'll be hitting it hard this weekend. BTW if you're new and want to try and learn the game without getting immediately murdered, play on a low population/night time server and crank up your brightness/gamma (make sure clouds/shadows are set to high or very high). It's ghetto night vision.

Night time low pop servers are going to be the best time to find loot in even the hottest areas, as most don't like to play at night and you'll catch a lot of servers restarting around then (loot only respawns when server restarts). Keep tab/gear menu open if it's way too dark to see anything, look under beds/on top of beds/tables/etc. They're easy to miss but it's a decent time to just sort of get the feel for how the game plays and how the loot/inventory system works.

Daytime high pops can just be a clusterfuck and all the starting areas are likely to be cleared of essentials and weapons, so it's a pretty brutal introduction. Of course, if you're into that sort of thing...

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I've grown attached to my gear.

I've broken Wrathcaster DayZ Rule #1: Don't get attached to your gear

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
anyone on now wanna play a bit? grabbed my cousins account wanna try the stand alone think im gonna buy it the arma 2 dayz mod is more of a pain in the ass to get started than i want to deal with.

xxrydaguyxx is his steam name, add me.

love how they have mouse accel option with no way to turn it off lol.

what is turbo? it wasnt bound is that the same as sprinting? with shift?

damn im in the middle of a field with no idea where to go this should be interesting.
use this mapDayZ Standalone Chernarus+ Map - DayZDBto figure out where you are using landmarks. If you have a tablet or second monitor it's much nicer, I've been killed twice alt tab'ing out.

Hekotat

A good rule for knowing if a drink will help affect hunger is if it has calories it'll help, so water is the only thing I've found that doesn't. Hell I survived all night last night on sodas because we couldn't find food anywhere.

EDIT: What's up with this new ranking system thing on the forums? How does one give fucks?

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
A good rule for knowing if a drink will help affect hunger is if it has calories it'll help, so water is the only thing I've found that doesn't. Hell I survived all night last night on sodas because we couldn't find food anywhere.

EDIT: What's up with this new ranking system thing on the forums? How does one give fucks?
Just do what I do, give everyone a thumbs down on every page you visit.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
so how does one shoot a zombie with the horrible mouse ultra acceleration that is dependant of your frame rate...jesus fuck it just zooms up so fast inside buildings with no textures... reminds of me shitty console skyrim on pc when it came out.

W

Wrathcaster

Appreciate the fucks Sutekh. Remind me to reintroduce you to the ways of Bunyan.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Lost our killsquad thinking I'd play the hero and find out where the shit the airfield was.

Sadness

Plaid_sl

shitlord
I think characters were wiped? Me and my buddy just tried finding a different server and we both started as new spawns. Rejoined server we were playing on and we were still fresh spawns.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
i just randomly died out of no where, screen just went black.
Yeah think it happened to everyone, I'll log in and confirm.

edit: My char still has all his stuff, but I wasn't online at the time of the wipe, a friend's char gotwiped while they were playing.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
just happened to us 2 times tonite while playing...but at least me and tek clobbered 2 noobs to death before that
biggrin.png

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
so im having a weird problem, i was using the ghetto nightvision by turning up gamma and brightness was working fine i randomly died while walking up stairs, and ever since when i join a night time server it doesnt work anymore, i cant find my way around fields or houses, the sky lights up as does the water but nothing else.

i didnt change any video settings so im not sure whats going on.

yeah people are so dumb, me and nutron are lurking for food and we run into another player he starts to run we tell him to stop were friendly, he comes back with his hands up and talks over the mic, over TS me and nutron are debating if we should smash him then his friend comes out of no where with his hands up, a talk ensues we ask what they have looted etc, then we jump on one of the guys with bats he takes off, we chase and his buddy follows, hes screaming stop over the mic as we chase him down, he then offers up his food, so we tell him to stop and drop it as he does nutron loads the bat up to behead him and chaos ensues, the end result was 2 noobs clobbered to death.

Hekotat

I had that same issue Tecknoe, I had to reset graphics to default and restart the game for it to work correctly.

That story had me rolling, I can't wait for them to add more zombies, it's going to change the game a shitload when you actually have to worry about them.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I had that same issue Tecknoe, I had to reset graphics to default and restart the game for it to work correctly.

That story had me rolling, I can't wait for them to add more zombies, it's going to change the game a shitload when you actually have to worry about them.
alright ill try that next, im on my second reinstall lol... first one didnt fix it so im making sure to delete like any kind of configs.

i had a couple good ones today, another one was earlier i had just hopped on and wrath and co were trying to meet up with me, i spotted someone and keep in mind i had been already held hostage and attempted to be raped lol, so i was blood thirsty i had a crowbar he had nothing so i went on the attack, all the while hes screaming stop, dont do that, you dont wanna do that, and im saying back fuck you im chasing you till you fall over and die, so yeah the chase continues and he keeps telling me i dont want to do this and i soon find out why, 3 of his friends eventually come to his aid with guns and shoot the fuck out of me, but i atleast crowbar'd that fuck to death.

W

Wrathcaster

We'd just left Devil's Castle. I take point because I'm so fucking leet... Of course I'll lead to the promised land of NWAF. Minutes later, lost and confused and trying to consult the map to figure out how the fuck we entirely missed the airfield, I see Adebisi making a fucking B line at breakneck pace for nothing in particular, wondering if and how he's finally found the way. Fucker has a potato for a mic and all I think is "and that's the last time we ever saw Adebisi."

PS: the character wipe isn't global. For some reason, changing servers/leaving and rejoining servers will randomly reset your character to a new spawn. I've had it happen to me as much as 5 times in a four hour period, no idea why. Another good reason not to get attached to your gear.

And Sutekh- you gave me fucks. I don't know exactly what that means under the new board feature, but it wasn't a like, so you're in face hatchet territory regardless.