DayZ, Arma2, Arma3

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Just ran into some guy who didn't know how to play the game. I gave him a couple canteens and showed him how to fill them.

Feels good man

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
wow you are kind sir, I was gearing up earlier saw someone at a watering hole with his back to me chopped his fucking head off.

no mercy was shown on me no mercy shall be shown.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
It's a social experiment to the max. You get fucked over enough times until you realize you should be the one doing the fucking.

On that note, I was half dead and a bit bored, so I joined a high pop server, took off all my clothes and blasted ODB's Wakandan Please through direct comms and ran back and forth through the apartment ghetto, Cherno, and then the south airfield.

I imagined being "that guy" from this skit:

Still alive somehow :S

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Real loot spawn and real zombie counts are top priority currently last I read from the dev blog, followed by additional weapons/items/gear as they can.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Them air fields be fucked up man, Was checking out a barracks and saw some dude, lit his ass up with my M4, looted his corpse, reloaded, moved on to the next room AND THERE WAS ANOTHER GUY SITTING IN THERE, killed him as well but he hit me a couple times so my vision was blurry for a bit

Then I was zoomed in a crows nest, hit F to go down ladder and my guy walked off the edge to his death. k.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Let's make a knock-out game crew. Just swarming people with fists.
frown.png

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
LOL @ Tecknoe, I'm ready to get off work tomorrow so I can hop and play some!

I hope zombies are a real threat sometime soon.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Dean said that zombies and loot are #1 on their list. The way they are running the game with no "optimization" is keeping the zombie count low. They want the game to punish a player for firing a gun in the future so that sounds awesome. If they add dangerous zombies and prevent combat logging this can really get fun.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
the zombies seem to react to someone shooting, me and mur basically pulled a whole town of zombies by shooting 1 or 2 which started an avalanche, more zombies and smarter AI will most certainly make this game a lot more fun in a survival aspect.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Was fun.

Also new patch came out today.

0.30.113925 - 2013/12/31

Status
Live on stable

New
Design: Balancing of player spawns (ongoing)
Server: Enhanced Server-side security & customization options
Design: .357 Magnum Speedloader should now spawn
Server: First Person only servers are now supported (Seperate Hive coming later on)

Fixed
Design: Player corpses should no longer despawn upon disconnect
Server: Respawning should now function properly - in some cases you may have to wait a few seconds. (during high death/respawn times)
Design: 357 Magnum spawning fixed

Teck and I ran across a .357 before we were fighting a zombalanche. Haven't had a chance to fire it yet, but it looks good.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Downloading now. Had some friends buy it the other day and said they enjoy the game. $29.99 so not too bad if it can provide a couple of months of fun.

From what i've read and heard, I was hoping for more than 40 per server. I'm hoping this changes. I haven't played so I could be wrong but was thinking at the minimum a couple of hundred would make it more entertaining.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I know the mod had 60 player servers (at least).

I would love to see a 200 person server. You could have a goddamn guild on those things.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
My first impression after putting in a hour or so is they simply need more going on. I ran around forever and found nothing. No items or zombies. I ran across a couple of people looting corpses in the middle of the road but just went around them as it was just me and my fists.

Interface is a little bleb but it doesn't really bother me with the exception of some items glitching or whatever (it's in alpha though I understand).

Game a great sense eeriness and could be something really entertaining. I'm going to stick with it as a filler game to mix it up time to time. I had a couple of friends say there are better moments once you get the hang of it and you find your way to the action but I haven't seen that yet.

Curious to see how much they really put into this and try to make this game competitive.

Good game though and has its moments. I don't regret buying it especially if they can make some decent changes in the near future.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah right now the game seems utterly pointless after like an hour of playing. Really can't wait for some sort of progression, like building helicopters or someshit.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Once they put in loot respawns and vehicles the fun should be pretty sustainable. Building bases and fixing up vehicles in Origins was a lot of fun, but the player interaction was still the main driving factor in the game. I really hope they eventually fix up the Taviana map and make it playable, because while Chernarus is a solid map, Taviana pretty much shits all over it imo.

Origins was cool with vehicles because there are a lot of them, and while you didn't build them from the ground up, you could reinforce them with materials to make them more defensible.