DayZ, Arma2, Arma3

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I would pay money listening to my friends on Skype interact with people...

Friend: No, No, No, wait i'm cool, i'm friendly
Guy: You want a gun?
Friend: Sure, that's awesome bro thanks
Guy: Click Click (handcuffs)
Friend: Ahh... don't do this
Guy: Get on the ground
Friend: I'll give you my can of beans, it's all I have if you let me go?
Guy: Get on the ground!
Friend: Don't kill me bro.. come on don't do this?
Guy: *Gunshot*
Friend: I'm dead...

What do you think they're planning to do up north?
rrr_img_55789.jpg

Has that always been up there in mod?

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
It is fixed. Teck and I camped out the Zelen military command building last night. Only one survivor came through and we killed him. That survivor had a helluva haul on him, pristine m4 parts including an ACOG, couple of banded 30 rounds magazines and a 40 round magazine. His body stuck around long enough to allow me to medic Teck back to life and for us two, and Maple, to divvy up properly.
You guys playing standalone or arma 2 version?

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
What do you think they're planning to do up north?
rrr_img_55789.jpg

Has that always been up there in mod?
They will probably turn it into a new city that far north and east, since there is jack and shit on the east coast compared to the south and west. No idea if it was in the mod or not, but looking at the old map it doesnt go much further north than theNE Airstrip.

BTW take these new markings on the SA map with a grain of salt. Any of the low yield weapon dots (small circles) are pretty much shitty melee weapons (wrenches, hammers, kitchen knives) at non-military locations. The ones at military locations have the chance to yield parts for guns, ammo, or magazines. Medium yield non-military places seem to be places where I find axes and crowbars, with military locations yielding military clothes, backpacks, 30 round or larger size magazines. Big circles should have rifles and handguns in them, with m4's being at military and mosin's in non-military areas.

Patch this morning as well.

0.30.113953 - 2014-01-05

Status
Live on stable

New
Design: Balancing of player spawns (ongoing)
Server: Dead player cleanup (time based)
Design: M9130 Bayonet can now open cans
Server: BattlEye Anti-Cheat (Client as well)
Server: Initial implementation for Sub-Private Hives (ongoing)
Server: Initial implementation for regular & hardcore Public Hive

Fixed
Server: Dedicated Server crash related to player skeleton
Server: Player location rubberbanding (ongoing)
Server: Large delay in item manipulation and "inventory tetris"

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
yeah they need to clean that map up, I don't see the need to tell us where a knives, axes and shit are just point me in the direction of food, clothing and guns and ammo.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
I can't find an m4 to save my life. Lots of magnums and fx45's. Just waiting for the game to shit on me now that I am full of beans and ammo.

rrr_img_56052.jpg

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Don't trust Teck he will just kill you and take all your gear! Trust no one, /me curls up in the corner sobbing!

I have had great luck finding stuff in the NE and NW air fields. I recommend NE as its a much longer hike but rarely has anyone around. NW air field takes some time to get in and out of but always has tons of gear. Just watch the hills that surround tent city snipers love to camp them.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Another patch.

2014-01-06

Fixed
Server: Dedicated Server crash related to memory cleanup
Server: Player location rubberbanding
Critical Security Vulnerability fixes

Note: This is a hotfix to address several key issues, and thus is focused on specifically those issues.

Hopefully this means no more warping through walls and falling to your death. Amiright Teck?

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Did they not put the mod "music" in the game? That stuff made the game extra creepy.

Helicopters and cars scared me. I always assumed they were packed full of well geared bandits roaming the map for kills.

Edit: I've never had a helicopter in DayZ mod, but it looks fun as hell

Never played this game before but after watching this video and about 17 others of his, I Will play it now! Thanks a bunch for posting this, the way he does his videos are just great. I even watched him replay Last of Us on his walkthrough for about 2 hours. +1

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Another patch.

2014-01-06

Fixed
Server: Dedicated Server crash related to memory cleanup
Server: Player location rubberbanding
Critical Security Vulnerability fixes

Note: This is a hotfix to address several key issues, and thus is focused on specifically those issues.

Hopefully this means no more warping through walls and falling to your death. Amiright Teck?
lmao I can only hope that's the issue, both times its happened to me In that spot I was completely still, only using mouse look lmao next thing I know im face down outside the building dead.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
That video was awesome. Brutal looking game but I'll likely play with some friends as it gets further in dev.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Never played this game before but after watching this video and about 17 others of his, I Will play it now! Thanks a bunch for posting this, the way he does his videos are just great. I even watched him replay Last of Us on his walkthrough for about 2 hours. +1
Keep in mind that the mod version has more content than the standalone (which is in alpha). No choppers or vehicles in standalone yet.

Standalone is just more polished right now. Less content, more polish.