DayZ, Arma2, Arma3

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
How has no one taken this concept and done it properly? It's been like two years, the gameplay is shit, the combat is clunky, zombies barely work. Permadeath, persistent world, zombies, actual good combat: BOOM moneysplosion. Yet it doesn't exist. I am perplexed.
Arma2 bugs aside, the various DayZ mods out there already are better, especially Epoch. Epoch devs are working on an Arma3 version atm.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
How has no one taken this concept and done it properly? It's been like two years, the gameplay is shit, the combat is clunky, zombies barely work. Permadeath, persistent world, zombies, actual good combat: BOOM moneysplosion. Yet it doesn't exist. I am perplexed.
The Division is shaping up to be DayZ on steroids.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
instead, they're wearing suits made of money and playing champagne pong while they decide what new soda skin would be most clever
1,369,265 purchases to date

@ $29.99 / copy

= $41,064,257.35

that's a lot of space bucks. We'd better see some serious programmer and network engineer hiring and a commitment to development beyond "after school I'll try to fix the clipping on the hard hat lulz"

hell, at this point, they could afford to migrate to a new engine that would accommodate loot/zombie/npc/player processes much better

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
SERIOUS RAGEAHOL RIGHT NOW

I was fully geared and looking for a shotgun in Svetlo, and thanks to the stupid fuckin mem leak in this town...

one moment I'm on the third floor of the building, then a 5 second freeze, then I see that I'm falling through the building wall and down onto the ground below.

ok, I suck it up and run 30 mins from Kamyshovo back to Svetlo.. and thank god my corpse is still there.. however, it's on a tin roof and I'm unable to loot it from any angle.

the frustration is enough to send me to the dark side.

see pics below

rrr_img_60032.jpg
rrr_img_60033.jpg
rrr_img_60034.jpg

rrr_img_60035.gif

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
strangely, their patch notes are an exact copy paste of last week's patch notes.

Rocket posted that they'd get more serious on the update schedule, and make a concerted effort to not break things with new patches. So, it looks like the only things they've managed to do in the last week are the following:

STABLE
2014-02-12
This update was released to Stable as part of our weekly scheduled maintenance. This hotfix is aimed at fixing a GPU memory leak, that a large amount of players were experiencing. This was causing low framerate and crashing for some players.

Fixed
Hotfix for the GPU Memory leak leading to low FPS

Added
Unconscious effects reworked, check pulse option added.
Defibrillator is now used to fix irregular beat status of unconscious player.

EXPERIMENTAL
2014-02-12
These changes are not confirmed on any official changelog, yet are currently on the experimental build.
Server: Added 80 and 100 player servers.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
got fully regeared today, for like the 4th time in the last couple days...

fully loaded M4 and SKS, clothes, armor, ammo boxes, protector cases... full to the gills

survive and dominate vs a 3 man assault at the NE airstrip, only to glitch through a wall in the upstairs room of the jail and fall to my death (after glitching through the wall in svetlo yesterday to fall to my death)

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
I've decided to become a mass murderer. I will leave notes on all the bodies of the people I kill.

Right now, I'm making my way to the NE airfield and will soon make my way to the killing grounds of Cherno, Electro and the Noob Coast.

The streets will flow with the blood of the nonbelieve-th.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Looking to put together a 3-4 man op on hardcore tomorrow evening starting around 8pm CST. Looking for players that can keep calm and be clear in their communications.

PM me here or on Steam if interested.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone here ever run an Epoch server or know if it's easy/hard as shit? I can't seem to find a server with everything I want and it is pissing me the fuck off.