DayZ, Arma2, Arma3

Remit_sl

shitlord
This game keeps getting worse for me. I crash far more often, sound is even more glitchy, and 90% of the stuff I find now is worthless.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Anyone getting the annoying rhythmic static at the beginning of the game and when loading into a server for the first time? It sounds like shit and is loud as fuck.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Yes, but there isn't anything rhythmic about it. It is just a loud blast of static for like 2-4 seconds.

Muurloen

sorry I missed you, Muurloen... wedding planning is a bitch!
No worries. You missed out on sneaking up on, and clearing out, a 2 man sniper team that positioned themselves on sniper hill. There will always be more opportunities to do that kind of stuff.

Muurloen

New Changelog up for Experimental:

New
Actions: Vomiting have associated sound effects
Actions: Can check pulse on unconscious players
Actions: Searching for berries will now add berries to your inventory
Actions: Eat All now supported for consumables
Animations: New Ruger 10/22 reload animations
Animations: Player now can sit with gun/weapon
Environment: New rock textures
Food: Sambucus berry item added
Food: Canina berry item added
Graphics: Adding lights to currently rendered scene changed
Map: Olsha has been updated
Map: Khelm has been updated
Map: New rock formations outside Svetlo have been created
Map: New Orthodox Chapel has been created
Map: Police Stations & Medical Centers have been placed across the map
Map: New villages surrounding Svetlo
Medical: Players can have a heart attack (declared as "irregular pulse" with pulse checking actions)
Weather: Rain, Clouds, Wind, calculated on server and distributed to clients
Weather: Rain now causes items and player to become wet

Fixed
Actions: Added 'inUseItem' back to action on target function
Actions: Proper nutritional value will be added when eating near empty food
Actions: Berry picking script messages to player improved.
Graphics: SSAO in options saved
Graphics: Rain effect settings changed
Graphics: Rain geometry optimized (28bytes vs 12 bytes per vertex)
Graphics: Spot light culling fixed
Graphics: Fix of terrain intersections
Graphics: Fix of geometry trace for flares
Login: Failure during new character creation could cause player to get stuck as unconscious
Map: Optimizations for Svetlo performance
Map: Forests surrounding Svetlo bugfixes
Medical: Would never actually die from zero health or blood due to medical conditions
Medical: Epi-pens will now wake anyone (briefly) from unconsciousness even if blood very low
Medical: Defibrillator used for restarting the heart of players who have a heart attack
Medical: Unconsciousness had irregular and unpredictable behavior (epi-pens will now always wake an unconscious player, unless they are having a heart attack)
Medical: Melee damage application system changed to better balance
Medical: Chance of bleeding from fists reduced significantly
Medical: Disconnected players avatars did not take shock or blood damage
Zombies: Zombies aims mostly for chest area now when attacking

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Got alpha'd out of the dopest kit I've ever had in SA. Map stole my m4 and buggy ass building stole my life when it decided it wanted me to be a foot to the left, which had no floor, dropping me two stories to my death.

Alpha, I know. However, if you're going to release a game, the essentials should fucking work. Especially if you've just received a 30+ million dollar injection of capital. I've uninstalled it and put it down for the time being. Maybe Rocket/Bohemia will get their heads out of their asses and get this fucking game done.

Muurloen

In regards to getting geared and stuff, this one really stands out to me.

Map: Police Stations & Medical Centers have been placed across the map

I would expect all of the major towns/cities to get these. The police stations are a great source for a SKS, and I would be willing to bet AK's will be found as well down the road.

Pontius_sl

shitlord
Havent seen this posted, sorry if it has. Protip : if you have two main weps and bogged down by not being able to run fast, drop the one in you hands near a ladder (where you can see it with the dot), press to climb and put the gun in your hands again, voila, running normal with 2 weps. Be warned tho, if you want to shoot it you have to drop and pick it up again or pull out the one in your back. Useful for long distances. The green watchtowers in Mbases work best for this.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
...if you have two main weps and bogged down by not being able to run fast...
as instructed buy Jendryk and Muurloen - while running with a weapon worn and a weapon in hand, use a consumable item.. this should enable you to move while carrying two main weapons.

expect this to be addressed in a patch soon enough, though

maybe one of those guys can further clarify or correct this instruction, as I don't really bother

Pontius_sl

shitlord
Ah missed that one
smile.png
this sound more effective. But yeah, they will most likely nerf it soonish.

"as instructed buy Jendryk and Muurloen - while running with a weapon worn and a weapon in hand, use a consumable item.. this should enable you to move while carrying two main weapons...."

Edit : Answered too fast ,got me thinking, does this not make you drop the one in your hand, anything that involves using your hands make you drop the equipped one, the ladder trick bugs it out so you only carry it using one hand, making the game think you only have your fists out(fists up animation when pressing space). I think i'v tried it, so a clarification would be nice

Muurloen

On a side note when using that bug. IF you are running around and you have the need to use the gun that is in your hands, your aiming down it's sights will be all fucked up. The best way I can describe it, is that you will be looking like an inch or two below where you will normally will be and waaay to the left. The only way to clear it is to drop the weapon and pick it back in your hands. Use that bug at your own risk and be willing to lose that weapon in your hands at anytime.

Just came across this video this morning. Pretty cool fight and very good editing to put it all together.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Just came across this video this morning. Pretty cool fight and very good editing to put it all together.
cool video. gotta wonder how some of those shots didn't kill their targets...

as far as the game's development goes, I wonder what happened to their "every Wednesday" update schedule. last week was feature-light and lacked an experimental update, and this week we got an early experimental build but no stable update.

hopefully they've been focusing on hiring and a development road map

Muurloen

cool video. gotta wonder how some of those shots didn't kill their targets...
Being healthy goes a long ways in a firefight, along with placement of the shot. Remember last night on experimental it took about 3 to 4 shots on that dude I sprayed on with the m4 in Polana to kill him, while it only took 1 shot to the gut with the mosin to kill that dude in Kras.

Also, they did change the ballistics in the last big patch so maybe the 5.56mm bullet has been been neutered some.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah doesnt compare to epoch mod fights where you get one shoted over almost 2 miles while looking in some random complex for your first gun.

W

Wrathcaster

Coming back to Zombleland from my sabbatical later next week. Gonna be launching a new youtube channel and need DayZ footage (50+ hours lost when HDD derped). Got some really cool ideas, a few people writing music for it, andjust need people to help make some of it happen, both geared and ungeared. Also, if anyone here does any graphic design I would LOVE a bit of help there. PM me here on the forums if interested, as I won't be on Steam for another week or so.

W

Wrathcaster

Standalone. Mod version is just too stale after 2 years of play, plus standalone just plain looks better. Epoch was fun for a while, but lacked the challenge that hooked me in the first place. Plus, base building just isn't my thing.