DayZ, Arma2, Arma3

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I cannot find a gun in the 4 hours or so I've palyed... I do have a few questions though.

1. Is this the same map as the mod or is a completely new place? If it's new where might one find an online map to figure out where the hell I am.

2. Is there a way to keep waterbottles? I seem to be able to drink from them but then I set them right back down.

3. When you pull up your inventory and it shows you're thristy/hungry with a green background color, does the background color change depending on how severe it is or will you just keel over if it's been too long?

I'm going to add a few of you on Steam and hope to catch you on the next few days, I'm just like Garth "Forever alone". Or just add Hekotat.
1. Not sureDayZ Standalone Chernarus+ Map - DayZDB

2. It was probably putting your bottle back down because you didn't have inventory room, if it's a soda can it puts it down because it's now empty and useless.

3. It changes color based on severity, yellow -> red.

W

Wrathcaster

1. It's the same basic map as the mod. It's the same main island/continent, and all the large cities are in the same locations, with largely the same loot spots. They've added new places, like a few military bases and some small towns, added a few things (most notably a shitton of military loot to balota airfield on the coast), and removed very, very few things.

2. You can drink a water bottle to 0% but atm there's no way to refill them, at least through every way I've tried. They're the best method of hydrating, but once they're done, they're done. Drop any 0% food or drink you find.

3. The background color changes from green to yellow to dark yellow to red. Once it gets to red, you're in deep shit and need to drink/eat asap to avoid dying. Your character will start telling you through the bottom left text "I'm starving to death" or "I'm dying of dehydration." Once you start seeing "I really need to drink" or "I really need to eat" you should do your best to find food/water as soon as you can. Sodas/sardines will give you a bit of both, water spickets will give you unlimited drink, and rotten food is a near guaranteed death unless you have charcoal tablets.

Added you on steam.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It's the same general map, but fairly modified, so the old maps don't apply. Dayzdb has a new map up though, but it's a bit sparse on information aside from geography.

If you just drink from a bottle it'll drink it off the ground, you need to actually take it or drag it in to your inventory to take it with you.

Yes the icons change color, the messages do as well.

For you knew folks, the only way to self heal is to get to the "healthy" status (shown on your paperdoll in inventory). This takes stuffing yourself with colossal amounts of good (think like 6-8 cans, or a couple bags of rice etc) and then spamming drinks from a well until you get one of the i'm stuffed/stomach going to burst type messages. This will regen health for a good long while.

2. You can drink a water bottle to 0% but atm there's no way to refill them, at least through every way I've tried. They're the best method of hydrating, but once they're done, they're done. Drop any 0% food or drink you find.
They refill the same way canteens do. Just go to a well or pond and scroll your mouse to refill bottle. Works best in FPV.

Skrigg

Golden Squire
For you knew folks, the only way to self heal is to get to the "healthy" status (shown on your paperdoll in inventory). This takes stuffing yourself with colossal amounts of good (think like 6-8 cans, or a couple bags of rice etc) and then spamming drinks from a well until you get one of the i'm stuffed/stomach going to burst type messages. This will regen health for a good long while.
Aside from being hungry and thirsty the only status effect ive encountered is bleeding which I stopped with rag's. Since I've taken damage does this mean Im not at 100% even though I stopped all status effects? Should I gorge myself on food and drink until im healthy to make sure Im always at 100%?

Steam is grayp95

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It's hard to gauge where your health is actually at. Unless you're getting real low and your version is going grey there's just no way to know. I'd say unless you can actually notice everything washing out, or stumble in to an abundance of food, I wouldn't worry about it.

Also, if you have friends to play with, salive bag IVs are the best thing ever. They are a full heal with no need to goofy blood type matching like blood transfusions.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
They refill the same way canteens do. Just go to a well or pond and scroll your mouse to refill bottle. Works best in FPV.
Also, if you have more than 1 canteen or water bottle in your inv and you have those items on your hot bar, the hot bar will only select the item closest to the top and the furthest to the left of your inventory.

Example you have 2 canteens. One in your backpack, and one in your pants. Selecting your canteen on your hotbar will only bring the one up in your pants inventory.

Hope that is clear.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Steam name Vepil I'm up at the NE Air Field, completely deserted with tons of loot. Grab a bag fill with food and drink run you butts up here!

AlsoDayZ Map: Homehas a lot of the places mapped with water locations makes the hike very easy to get up here.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Steam name Vepil I'm up at the NE Air Field, completely deserted with tons of loot. Grab a bag fill with food and drink run you butts up here!

AlsoDayZ Map: Homehas a lot of the places mapped with water locations makes the hike very easy to get up here.
That's where Wrath and I am at, but wont be on until a bit later.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
I am pretty sure I have charcoal tablets if we get on at the same time Ill give ya some to try and cure ya.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I tried to run up there last night after talking to Wrath, made it to Rog and got blasted in the face, going to attempt the run up that way shortly for the adventures tonight.

W

Wrathcaster

I didn't realize you had to have the water bottle and raised in your hands like you were going to smack someone with it. Nice to know how to do that now.

I'm actually making back for Cherno now. There was an unfortunate accident with Sutekh's face and my hatchet, so I'm making for the coastal cities. For future reference, two people taking on one zombie in melee is generally a bad idea.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I didn't realize you had to have the water bottle and raised in your hands like you were going to smack someone with it. Nice to know how to do that now.

I'm actually making back for Cherno now. There was an unfortunate accident with Sutekh's face and my hatchet, so I'm making for the coastal cities. For future reference, two people taking on one zombie in melee is generally a bad idea.
Have one deal with the zombie with a melee weapon, and the other person stand look out for possible other zombies coming in, or other survivors, with a gun at the ready.

Skrigg

Golden Squire
Died last night from a pretty stupid mistake. Found a abandoned cargo freighter on the east coast and had it fully explored and ready to move on. Decided to log out for about an hour and when I come back on I take like 10 steps and slide down into the titanic sized hole that was middle of the ship and fall to my death haha. Good times.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Died last night from a pretty stupid mistake. Found a abandoned cargo freighter on the east coast and had it fully explored and ready to move on. Decided to log out for about an hour and when I come back on I take like 10 steps and slide down into the titanic sized hole that was middle of the ship and fall to my death haha. Good times.
HAHA same exact way I died the first time.

Have one deal with the zombie with a melee weapon, and the other person stand look out for possible other zombies coming in, or other survivors, with a gun at the ready.
Yeah I was standing and watching the fight in a door way as they were fighting in the street and then BLAP YOU HAVE DIED.

W

Wrathcaster

The bug deaths are honestly 10x more amusing now than just getting shot in the back by some asshole 5 meters behind you. Fave from last night was climbing down the tower ladder on an Elektro fire station and getting catapulted halfway across town, insta-dead. I raged, then lol'd.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just starved to death with an RDS, ACOG, and Mosin scope. RIP IN PEACE.

Some poor bastard spawned right in front of me when I was in the Baloda Barracks and swiftly received two bullets to the dome.