DayZ, Arma2, Arma3

Pontius_sl

shitlord
wtb a second character slot, now that we played a bit tonight/today and geared up, i'd rather not log in on that char alone
tongue.png
A second slot to fool around with would be nice, same death rules etc.

W

Wrathcaster

A Tale of Three Loggers

Allow me to tell you a story of three cowards trying to pick off people from sniper hill in Elektro. They thought they were so l33t with their fancy scoped mosins, m4's, and camo military clothing. Unfortunately for them, not everyone running into Elektro with barely any gear is quite as helpless as they appear. Enter Muurleon, fresh from Kamyshovo and armed with only an unscoped mosin, a .357, and barely any ammo... Not to mention his bright neon purple Barney the Dinosaur backpack. Douchewaffles had the aim of a retarded one-legged sloth, but were determined to kill him nonetheless. Intrepid Muurleon, however, was also determined and promptly landed a chest shot on a vicious bandit, and was so scary in his rave gear that he caused the other two children to log. Moments later, the two cowards log back in after ghosting behind Muurleon on another server and waste him. I'm sure they took satisfaction out of their lamest of kills.

Unfortunately for the bandit trio (now a duo), Muurleon wasn't alone in Elektro. And there are some people in Chernarus who don't need to log onto another server to outmaneuver someone. Enter Jendryk (me) and MapleGlazed (the best spotter this side of Kamenka). I'll let the film take it from here...

Why hello there! We've heard so much about you!

As you can see, our quest was not yet complete. There was more work to be done, and by sweet jebus, we'd see it through:

Mission Accomplished

Oh yeah, this happened too:

Don't Hide on Top of the Firestation

EDIT: Sorry about the choppiness. It was fine for a few days after I lowered my upload bitrate (which destroyed video quality), but for some reason OBS or Twitch was being a dick during all the cool footage. Going to try to get DxStory working again, but I had problems in the past splitting audio and getting the video track to display properly.

Event/Group Info

Hekotat, you should be a member now. I shot you an invite. Muurloen made me an admin but I've never used the admin functions before. It's probably a decent idea for it not to be open, due to stream snipers and the general filth that play this game.

Remit, I added you as a friend and sent you an invite. My character will be in Berezino by 6pm CST tomorrow, and unless there's any other problems, that will be the general time of getting ready to start the crusade. If people can't get on until a bit later, or are located elsewhere, we can work something out and split into teams based on location. Just get to the coast, as east as you can get as time allows. No biggie if there's intervening events.

If you can, send me or Muurloen a Steam message before you hop on to let us know where you're at. The TS channel may get... hectic.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
awesome vids, but the compression/artifacting makes it really hard to spot anything in the foliage and trees.

I moved to the treeline SW of Berezino, facing towards the construction site. See you guys for the ops.

Pontius_sl

shitlord
Server goes down. Log back in with a fresh character. That's fun.
Happened to me also, super fun after getting geared. Ah well, no sweat, alpha etc.

Btw Nemesis, i found out that to manage ammo in the box you don't need to drop it on the floor, just put it in your hands.

error_sl

shitlord
I need to clear up my blurry vision. Also I'm up near the north airfield. I'll try to work my way down and hopefully be on for the fun tonight.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I need to clear up my blurry vision. Also I'm up near the north airfield. I'll try to work my way down and hopefully be on for the fun tonight.
You need to eat and drink until you get the 1st message of being stuff, and then e&d something every 5 to 10 minutes for 30 minutes to get your blood levels back up.

OR

Have someone inject saline into you.

Muurloen

It is not like it is too hard to gear up. Hell that is half of the fun. If you do lose your gear, like I did yesterday evening in a character wipe, you have a choice to server hop to regear quickly. or you can go to a hotspot (cherno, electro etc) on a highly populated server, take out someone that has spent their own time to gear up and take their gear. The story that Wrathcaster (Jendryk) wrote about above is true and all I was rolling with (weapon wise) was 6 rounds in a magnum, 5 rounds in my mosin and a splitting axe (which takes multi shots to kill someone or a zombie). Yet, with the element of surprise and a set of brass balls (which kinda comes from not caring if I die and lose my gear), I ambush that group of three, killed one of them, took his gear and got out of there in seconds.

My mistake that got me getting killed is that I was managing my inventory a little too close to where they other two logged out. Won't make that mistake again. I do hope to run into more people at that spot when I have a m4. The tears will taste absolutely tremendous.

Muurloen

I have no problem being bait. Having retarded video issues and all.
I may play as bait tonight as well. It was a lot of fun dodging bullets, giving locations to Maple and Jendryk so that they can snipe the people shooting at me, and scare the shit out of people that are hiding in the apartment buildings with a random gunshot in close proximity.

Update appears to be happeningreally soon.

error_sl

shitlord
Blurry vision corrected, thanks. I made it to the deer stand overlooking Berezino to the west. I brought presents with me.

Helldiver

Bronze Knight of the Realm
commando1.jpeg

The way Muurloen is playing the game is really the way to do it currently. If I die and can't get my shit back think I'm gonna be run and gun as well.

@Muurloen, Even before you bagged the one dude, I could have sworn I wasn't on for more than 30 minutes and you already had an M4.

W

Wrathcaster

awesome vids, but the compression/artifacting makes it really hard to spot anything in the foliage and trees.
That's the problem. Raising the quality/upload bitrate causes horrific dropped frames, to the point where the stream is an unwatchable slideshow. If I lower the bitrate and quality, I get the artifacting. So far, lowering the bitrate but altering the render quality settings in OBS doesn't make much difference in the quality of video. Weird thing is I didn't have this problem in the mod, even though the engine in Arma2 and Standalone are very similar. I've tried streaming a few single player games (X3:TC, Rome2, Fallout: NV) and the quality was better and there were no dropped frames issue at a higher bitrate, so I don't know what's up with DayZ.

As an aside, it is really hard to spot anything in the foliage and trees.

Ryoz

<Donor>
I don't have this version but loved playing the arma mod with friends. Steam name is Proobz if I could snag a group invite. Will buy and dl later tonight.