DayZ, Arma2, Arma3

Trollocaust

Lord Nagafen Raider
XFkVlX4.jpg

Will trade it for anything with 8 slots (this has 6). Figured it's perfect for Wrath since he's streaming and journaling.
Found one if you guy still need it

Kaljin

N00b
The DayZ Mod is more "complete" since it's been around a while but I'm pretty sure when the stand alone gets more months into it then it should be on par.

The mod version zombies are CRAZY!!! I mean they inflict fear, they are just insane, they group up and chase your ass forever and if you get more than 1 on you then you're screwed! as in the Stand Alone version they are retarded and not a threat since I'm sure their AI is set to retard mode atm.

I'm currently loaded to the gills with amo and guns that if/when I die I'm 100% sure the person(s) who kill me will have the most amazing gamer orgasm known to man, lol.

I love this game and knew what I was getting into when I bought it -Alpha- but it's just appealing and I've had some frustrating wtf moments; namely falling from stupid ladders which I now avoid.. I wont climb a roof, screw that! I don't care if there is harem of amazing looking women with boxes upon boxes of the best weapons/amo up there.

rrr_img_57800.jpg

Superhiro

Silver Knight of the Realm
So first time I've logged in since the patch, and somehow it rolled back to the character I had on the night we had 12 people running around together. It's from the point right after we blew up the gas station.

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Dang it.. Bought that humblebundle pack and I get cascades of errors when I try to run it. Been beating on it for a couple of days..

Naturally, as soon as I typed this it now seems to allow me into the front end but I can't join anything as " you cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependable on downloadable content that has been deleted (insert various and seemingly everchanging file names). Fie. I feel like my customers did back when I did tech support back in the Win 3.1 days..

I guess I'll just keep hammering at it, each iteration of loading seems to cough up more useful files, weirdly.

Any servers to recommend?

Steam name is Aremanios

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Dang it.. Bought that humblebundle pack and I get cascades of errors when I try to run it. Been beating on it for a couple of days..

Naturally, as soon as I typed this it now seems to allow me into the front end but I can't join anything as " you cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependable on downloadable content that has been deleted (insert various and seemingly everchanging file names). Fie. I feel like my customers did back when I did tech support back in the Win 3.1 days..

I guess I'll just keep hammering at it, each iteration of loading seems to cough up more useful files, weirdly.

Steam name is Aremanios
Get DayZ commander. It will help make sure you're version of DayZ is correct for the mod you're trying to play.

Helldiver

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So first time I've logged in since the patch, and somehow it rolled back to the character I had on the night we had 12 people running around together. It's from the point right after we blew up the gas station.
So you were standing on the road near it?

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
I got rolled back am completely lost. I was going cross country from east to west chasing you guys that night. Gonna have to run around some more to find a landmark currently in very thick forest.

Cybsled

Steam name is Aremanios
Ya, installing the mod is a bitch manually...especially if you got Arma II on Steam (which is what most people did I imagine).

You have 2 options: Dayz Commander and Play Withsix for launchers. I have never been able to get Dayz Commander to work properly. I can load the game, but I get kicked to the server lobby after 15 seconds. Most people don't seem to have this problem. Play Withsix is the only launcher I've been able to get to work and keep me connected to the game. Plus Play Withsix doesn't require Steam to be open to work...Commander requires me to open Steam 1st. Only downside to Withsix is they've added a bunch of shitty ads to the product. I close it once the game launches, since you don't need the launcher open anymore once Arma II successfully opens /w loading Epoch.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea I got in to the mod with some friends from my gun forum and they just started an epoch server. Fun as fuck and it's not even public yet. Threw in some bandit AI and I have played it probably 20 hours this weekend. Can't wait for the SA to get that awesome.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
I have Arma 2 and the DLCs.. what do I need to install to play Epoch? and is there anyone else around playing Epoch right now?

I want to play SA, but the last patch kinda turned me off for now =(

Cybsled

Depends on the server. Lots of servers run various mods like self-bloodbag and towing, which makes it easier to solo. I mostly play on a PVE server currently (Chester's epoch pve), but if you wanna do more PVP, there's plenty of modded pvp as well.

Cybsled

I have Arma 2 and the DLCs.. what do I need to install to play Epoch? and is there anyone else around playing Epoch right now?

Just need to d/l dayz commander or play withsix and d/l the epoch mod inside those programs, then launch using the launcher program. Pretty easy.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer

What has turned you off to SA?

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
What has turned you off to SA?
1) the server/character/item problems

2) the bugs introduced with the "fleshed out" weapon quality system (spray paint, magazines, etc, and their unintended effect on weapon quality)

3) the general lack of proper pace and quality of development (or hiring) considering the vast sums of money that this game has pulled in over the past 45 days. - You didn't see this from Notch when Minecraft got bigger than he could handle.

4) my own doom and gloom perspective of the lack of proper functionality of the engine to perform the way we'd like it to (more zombie spawns, NPCs, zombies not warping through shit) - I feel like after this, there's gonna be another DayZ that will be "for real this time", as it'll have the intentions from the beginning not to just be a standalone of the mod, but what the game should have been all along.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Yesterday, my kids had a snow day and I played some with my son. We worked our way up to the NE airport over the course of a few hours. We even ran into a guy and stopped him, had him put his hands up, and chatted with him a bit. We gave him a couple of sodas and sent him on his way. We carefully approached and searched the airport and were starting to get fully pimped out, except no M4s. Then a guy ran into the room and shot us both. We were dead.

THE END

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
rrr_img_58240.jpg

Couldn't believe it when I saw it These houses are an absolute gold mine when comes to any kind of basic supplies you need. They are the two door orange brick residential buildings with a stair case that goes no where.