DayZ, Arma2, Arma3

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Some experimental servers are live with undisclosed updates(tweaks to mouse performance,and a new city... maybe mystery town? maybe another?)

Checkin it out now

*edit*

servers are a bit slow and laggy, but I'm already seeing some new item skins and items

*EDIT2*

servers too unstable... cant stay in for more than a few minutes, and even then it's quite laggy... seems there are LOTS more zombies, and new items though.. let's hope they fix this up ASAP

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
in other news, I've been watching some Frankie vids... seems there's a pretty fleshed out DayZ clone on Arma 3 called Breaking point, and some other fun looking mods... anyone playing Arma 3, Breaking Point, or the other mods? any opinions?

Pontius_sl

shitlord
Nemesis, have not played it myself, but i watch alot of Lirik's stream (dunno why, guy's kind of a douche) but he plays it and it looks kinda fun. Think i'll buy arma 3 to test out the different mods.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
0.42.116181 has hit stable.

Patch Notes
some hilights:

Gear: Tactical bacon configured and spawning on the serverLOL

Map: Village pub configured for spawning lootFINALLY

Map: New villages surrounding SvetloMYSTERY TOWN STILL HAS NO NAME

Map: Chernaya Polana town + surroundings added
Map: Signs for "Chernaya Polana" added
IS THIS DIFFERENT FROM THE PRE-EXISTING TOWN OF POLANA? IS THERE A PRE-EXISTING CHERNAYA? COULD THIS BE THE NAME OF MYSTERY TOWN?

Actions: Force feeding action now depletes right amount of food/drinksNO MORE RICE BOARDING

Balance: Buffed damage of 762x39, 9mm, .22LR. Slightly nerfed shotgun pelletsINTERESTING

Map: Optimizations for Svetlo performance
Map: Forests surrounding Svetlo bugfixes
THANKS

Network: Dropped items appeared only after a delay (now instant)
Network: Inventory items causing desync due to non-guaranteed update spam (hotfix currently until guaranteed message change is complete)
Network: Optimizations to network messaging updates should result in reduced bandwidth and some increases in FPS for clients/server
WOOOOOT

Structures: Item disappearing when dropped from inventory on stairs or near wallsNICE

Looking forward to an improved version of the experimental branch I've been enjoying for several weeks.

kemuel

Lord Nagafen Raider
I would really like to roll with a few people, steamid : kemuel0512
I don't care hardcore or softcore, hit me up.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
rrr_img_63016.jpg

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
I would really like to roll with a few people, steamid : kemuel0512
I don't care hardcore or softcore, hit me up.
look back on page 1.. there was, at one point, a running list of guys in our group... the group is now 48 members strong and growing.

several of us play just about daily.

Del

Vyemm Raider
So I was standing around managing my inventory on the second floor of one of the jail buildings when all of a sudden my character takes damage and it tells me that I've fractured my leg. Everything that was in my pants is now ruined as well. Awesome. I doubt it's a new bug, but it's never happened to me before and it's still annoying as hell. I wish I was carrying some wooden sticks so I could make a splint.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
@Del: Join the TS Server forTMW. The IP is 173.245.7.217:9987. Join a standalone channel that fits the region you are in and someone will come out to service you at no charge. I'm sure whoever comes out would appreciate a donation of some kind, but it is not mandatory.

Gatsuh_sl

shitlord
So I was standing around managing my inventory on the second floor of one of the jail buildings when all of a sudden my character takes damage and it tells me that I've fractured my leg. Everything that was in my pants is now ruined as well. Awesome. I doubt it's a new bug, but it's never happened to me before and it's still annoying as hell. I wish I was carrying some wooden sticks so I could make a splint.
THIS right here is why i always carry a splint with me now the moment i have 'stuff' to lose.

Sugarhigh_sl

shitlord
started playing this last weekend and have been enjoying it... since the patch though i am really having to pay attention for zombies while in towns. Its a good change but i think the respawn rate of the zombies needs some tweaking

Oh and anyone else having problems finding magazines for pistols? I have no problems finding them for the M4 but i have yet to find a magazine for the 1911... despite the fact i have found 4 1911's

Gatsuh_sl

shitlord
and zombie spawns are still nowhere near where they will be once they fix the AI so they don't aggro you from 500 yards away, lol

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
I think it's been mislabeled on the changelog website, but these appear to be some of the new features being tested in experimental branch:

New
New zombie animations in testing (they are considerably faster). We will be engaging with the community to decide if these new animations result in the zombies being too fast.

Fixed
Hotfix to address issues associated with severe lag and desync for many players.
Servers now support accelerated time as a configurable option. This results in faster day/night cycle.

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Changelog

::Edit::

LOL anyone else notice that Fyz is In-Game in Dayz like 24/7? I think he boots up, starts the game, then goes afk for a week...

Fyz has 185.6 hours past 2 weeks, 553 hrs on record (DayZ)

was he from the board? or someone we met in game? one of Jendryk's adopted minions?

Del

Vyemm Raider
I'm wondering how everybody feels about the new T-1000 speed zombies and their practically instant respawns?