DayZ, Arma2, Arma3

Syringed_sl

shitlord
I'm wondering how everybody feels about the new T-1000 speed zombies and their practically instant respawns?
I'm fine with the increased damage, speed, heightened senses and even some durability. (Headshots are the only way to One Hit Kill).

Instant respawn and walking through walls is what puts them over the edge right now. Aggroing one is like a never ending series of dominos that just doesn't end.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Supposedly this is also fixing the loot spawns for the military tents.

*edit zombie launch*

I need to try this.

AdventurousWetGrub.gif

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
DayZDB World Maphas been updated!

Can't find an exact description of the updates, but from my observation:

*Primary (perimeter) roads are color coded orange
*Secondary (main town) roads are color coded yellow
*Chernaya Polana (new town near NE airstrip) loot updates available (no name on map yet)

maybe more stuff i havent noticed yet

W

Wrathcaster

Found a guy in the wee hours this morning that was bumbling around NEAF. Turned out it was his first hour in DayZ. No idea how he found his way to the airfield from... wherever he spawned. He couldn't describe it other than "a field near some ocean." He didn't have a mic, but I helped him for about an hour or so until he stepped off the top story of a police station and broke is leg. Couldn't find a splint or morphine, so I had to just sort of leave him there, and added him on steam because he asked for help learning the game.

God damn I wish I hadn't. The first message I get after "Hey! Thanks for adding me!" was a rambling TL;DR paragraph about how he's having trouble with his girlfriend because she doesn't like his wife and kids, and then gives me his facebook, full real name, and asks for mine. He followed this up by asking if I had children, where I was from, what I did for a living, and whether I was married. I was so creeped out I didn't even give him the link to my youtube or twitch, but within 5 minutes he'd found them anyway.

I answered the kids question in the negative, and received this message verbatim:

"Damn dude! Saving your vitamins up aren't you!"

What. The. Fuck.

Apparently there is some merit to shooting unarmed players on sight without hesitation.

Muurloen

Always felt like I ran faster being a bambi in tennis shoes, than loaded out with boots on.

W

Wrathcaster

Apparently the hacks have come to Standalone. I haven't personally seen any of this happen, but it's extremely worrying if they can't manage to stamp out one of the primary reasons for creating the Standalone in the first place. Sickening. Cheats at ~15:00 mark.

Muurloen

Yeah that is pretty lame.

Too bad Frankie wasnt armed with more than just the revolver.

On another note, here is more interesting information on how to gear your char.

Jovec

?
So this went from mod, to BI supporting the mod dev with some code changes, to BI hiring the mod dev, to BI now buying a company to work on the standalone and the original mod creator planning to leave the project at year's end (initially intending to already be gone)?

How the game really made the improvements the (paying) players would expect?

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
yes.

huh? clarify your question.

*edit*
if you're askingHASthe game made improvements worthy of standalone purchase, then I think the answer would be a resounding yes.
there's a lot of distance to cover before it catches up to the mod, but 1.76 million purchases, 53 million dollars, and 3 months of being in the top couple games on Steam tells the story.

if you liked the mod, you'll appreciate this game.

rrr_img_63974.jpg

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Having infinite zombies spawn almost instantly near where you killed them seems like a bad idea.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
agreed... it's only the first iteration of zombie/item respawn functionality.

is it perfect? no

is it better than zero respawn at all? yes

does it add additional challenge and an actual sense of danger and a hesitation to open fire on every zombie you see? yes

overall, value added... needs tweaking, but I like it

Disp_sl

shitlord
Does the standalone have gear respawns yet, or still only on server reset? I've actually been playing Origins the past few days after getting a bit of a Dayz itch.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Does the standalone have gear respawns yet, or still only on server reset? I've actually been playing Origins the past few days after getting a bit of a Dayz itch.
no gear respawns yet. zombie respawns v1 just started. gear respawn coming soon, as we're told.

I think Muurloen previously posted some pretty comprehensive "state of the game" information regarding current and future feature rollouts

**EDIT**

updateddev tumblr here