DayZ, Arma2, Arma3

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
rrr_img_2.jpg

are those buildings already integrated in the current exp build?

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
That is the rumor, but there are no patch notes yet nor have I logged onto exp to find out for myself.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I still think they need to increase the amount of players on a given server. The map is huge and you need to have at least 3, 4, or even 5 potential "camps" of people of at least 20 to 30 each. Instead of guilds, clans, you could start colonies or survival groups.

Muurloen

I still think they need to increase the amount of players on a given server. The map is huge and you need to have at least 3, 4, or even 5 potential "camps" of people of at least 20 to 30 each.
From what I understand with what Hicks and Rocket have been saying, server population increase will come when they start nailing down performance optimization.

Instead of guilds, clans, you could start colonies or survival groups.
Private servers, hives and finally persistent items will need all need to be introduced for this to happen. They are working on it.

Once they release the aforementioned, I will plan on playing exclusively on a private hive and build many solo stashes. If we are able to get a few people together, we can make tons of them across the server and/or build a home base to work from.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
I still think they need to increase the amount of players on a given server. The map is huge and you need to have at least 3, 4, or even 5 potential "camps" of people of at least 20 to 30 each. Instead of guilds, clans, you could start colonies or survival groups.
if ya bothered to click the developer's discussion link that I posted oh... four posts ago... you'd have found this:

Guaranteed Updates

As previously mentioned we want to move from the current situation where the client and server "spam" messages at each other, hoping that some of the messages get through. Because they can't be sure, the updates have to be sent again and again. This is believed to be the major restriction from breaking the 100 player limit. We anticipate this will be appearing on experimental servers next week, and then onward into the update for this month.

Muurloen

Confirmed that military tents and the aluminum barracks now have loot spawning in them again on stable. I confirmed it myself this morning.

BAF and NWAF are going to be bloodbaths again. All is well in the world.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Got this re-installing this morning when I left for work, I'll try to get some hours logged the next few days.

Cybsled

Have they mentioned when vehicles might be added? World of Walkcraft blows given how big the world is.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
IIRC in vanilla DayZ Mod cars/buses/helicopters were your endgame. It was a rush to locate them when the server reset, a challenge to fix them so they're usable, and a fun time maintaining them.
smile.png

I'm interested to see how they plan to implement them in SA.

W

Wrathcaster

Have they mentioned when vehicles might be added? World of Walkcraft blows given how big the world is.
Whatever they mention as a timetable, add 5 months or so. They were talking about the imminent addition of the AK to the weapons tables early march, still hasn't hit stable, even though it was the first fucking weapon shown in the first preview videos rocket put up. Maybe with the addition of an entire studio they've recently acquired the pace of development will change, but I've been with DayZ too long to get even slightly optimistic.

If you're tired of walking, just jump on a 40 person server that's nearly full, put the ocean to your left, and run through Elektro screaming. You're bound to run into something interesting if you survive more than 5 minutes.

IMO DayZ needs a few things immediately-

Server Browser: It sucks ass and largely doesn't work. Saving servers to favorites is nigh fruitless. Half the time the fuckers will rename themselves or just change or remove themselves entirely. If you switch tabs between friends/favorites/main server list, the entire list of servers has to refresh again and you're stuck AFKing for a while any time you tab over. It's just plain annoying and inconvenient, and I don't see why this hasn't been fixed already.

Tents: There needs to be loot permanence so there's not such a huge draw to shoot anyone in the off chance they've got a scope you might need (especially since scopes and weapon attachments on guns don't seem to degrade in combat, unlike everything else on your char). There needs to be storage so that you don't have to live at airfields or military spawns just to get decent weapons, and immediately upon spawn run your ass to military spots upon respawn to regear instead of just getting massacred in populated areas that almost always have been picked over completely.

Loot respawning: Absolute must. There's really no choice but to server hop, or play on low population servers if you want to have any hope of finding gear, or even food and drink at present. This is game breaking, IMO. DayZ becomes a scavenger hunt/loot grind instead of what made it great: an unforgiving, bizarre social experiment with high grade weapons and cracked out zombles.

Base building and vehicles need to happen, but these three HAVE to happen for the game to retain people who aren't just in it to deathmatch.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
Whatever they mention as a timetable, add 5 months or so. They were talking about the imminent addition of the AK to the weapons tables early march, still hasn't hit stable, even though it was the first fucking weapon shown in the first preview videos rocket put up. Maybe with the addition of an entire studio they've recently acquired the pace of development will change, but I've been with DayZ too long to get even slightly optimistic.

If you're tired of walking, just jump on a 40 person server that's nearly full, put the ocean to your left, and run through Elektro screaming. You're bound to run into something interesting if you survive more than 5 minutes.

IMO DayZ needs a few things immediately-

Server Browser: It sucks ass and largely doesn't work. Saving servers to favorites is nigh fruitless. Half the time the fuckers will rename themselves or just change or remove themselves entirely. If you switch tabs between friends/favorites/main server list, the entire list of servers has to refresh again and you're stuck AFKing for a while any time you tab over. It's just plain annoying and inconvenient, and I don't see why this hasn't been fixed already.

Tents: There needs to be loot permanence so there's not such a huge draw to shoot anyone in the off chance they've got a scope you might need (especially since scopes and weapon attachments on guns don't seem to degrade in combat, unlike everything else on your char). There needs to be storage so that you don't have to live at airfields or military spawns just to get decent weapons, and immediately upon spawn run your ass to military spots upon respawn to regear instead of just getting massacred in populated areas that almost always have been picked over completely.

Loot respawning: Absolute must. There's really no choice but to server hop, or play on low population servers if you want to have any hope of finding gear, or even food and drink at present. This is game breaking, IMO. DayZ becomes a scavenger hunt/loot grind instead of what made it great: an unforgiving, bizarre social experiment with high grade weapons and cracked out zombles.

Base building and vehicles need to happen, but these three HAVE to happen for the game to retain people who aren't just in it to deathmatch.
Does loot not respawn until server reset right now?

W

Wrathcaster

Finally reached my limit and switched back to the mod and Epoch. It's ridiculous how wide the divide between the two games is. I gave the Standalone time enough from release til ~2 weeks ago, but there's really no contest.

The most revealing aspect of the difference between the two came from my attempts to record footage and put together youtube videos for each. The Standalone is simply horrible at producing view-worthy moments and excitement compared to the relatively incredibly advanced state of the mod at this point. The lack of vehicles, paucity of zombies, startlingly low variety of weapons, and absence of respawning loot as well as a competent server browser really makes it impossible to go back to standaloone since I've been playing Epoch again. In the three days I've been back and active playing Epoch I've collected an amazing amount of really cool encounters. Hunting players and camping a single location doesn't even factor in anymore.

I know Standalone is alpha, but going back after playing the mod is unconscionable at this point. Standalone needs a year, at least, to be truly playable past the first two months of purchase if the current development pace remains consistent. I'll still highly recommend DayZ to anyone, even the Standalone to new players, but the mod is still where it's at as far as the game itself is concerned.

If anyone's interested in playing Epoch, we've got a very capable squad and a really cool base in the works, and we always love more people to roll with us, even if it's solely to PvP and gather gear.

Syringed_sl

shitlord
If DayZ and H1Z1 converge on the same territory would you jump ship to SoE?
If their game is better then fuck yes.

DayZ Standalone is being updated so slowly right now it's silly. Especially after months of being at the top of the Steam charts and all the money they've gathered up. If SoE has half a fucking brain, they just need to release "DayZ with all those features they should have put in months ago" and they'll win. DayZ right now is only doing well because there's no competition for it but the ARMA mods.