Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: DC Extended Universe
Plot: Collection of DC Movies

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Just wanted to get these in one thread since WB is making them into a long term franchise

Released:
2007 Superman: Doomsday Loosely based on The Death of Superman storyline
2008 Justice League: The New Frontier Based on DC: The New Frontier by Darwyn Cooke
2008 Batman: Gotham Knight Collection of six shorts. Set between the events of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.
2009 Wonder Woman
2009 Tales of the Black Freighter Related to Watchmen film, an animated adaptation of the comic Tales of the Black Freighter within the story
2009 Green Lantern: First Flight
2009 Superman/Batman: Public Enemies Based on Superman/Batman: Public Enemies storyline by Jeph Loeb
2010 Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths Adapted from an unused movie plot meant to bridge Justice League and Justice League Unlimited. Loosely based on JLA: Earth 2 series by Grant Morrison
2010 Batman: Under the Red Hood Loosely based on the Batman: Under the Hood storyline by Judd Winick
2010 Superman/Batman: Apocalypse Direct sequel of Superman/Batman: Public Enemies release. Based on Superman/Batman: The Supergirl from Krypton storyline by Jeph Loeb
2010 DC Showcase Original Shorts Collection Compilation of short films under DC Showcase label
2011 All-Star Superman Based on All-Star Superman series by Grant Morrison
2011 Green Lantern: Emerald Knights Collection of six shorts. Coincided with the release of the Green Lantern film
2011 Batman: Year One Based on the Batman: Year One storyline by Frank Miller
2012 Justice League: Doom Loosely based on the JLA: Tower of Babel storyline by Mark Waid.
2012 Superman vs. The Elite Likely based on the What's So Funny About Truth, Justice & the American Way? storyline by Joe Kelly.
2012 The Dark Knight Returns - Part 1 Based on the The Dark Knight Returns storyline by Frank Miller

Upcoming:
2013 The Dark Knight Returns - Part 2 Based on the The Dark Knight Returns storyline by Frank Miller
Justice League: Flashpoint Based on the Flashpoint storyline by Geoff Johns and Andy Kubert
Superman: Unbound Based on the Superman: Brainiac storyline by Geoff Johns and Gary Frank

The ones I watched:

Batman: Under The Red Hood is great
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Under_the_Red_Hood

Batman: Year One is fantastic - basically a frame for frame copy of the Frank Miller graphic novel.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Year_One_(film)

Dark Knight Returns Part I is also very good, but the voice acting (Peter Weller voices Batman) is distracting because I'm so used to Kevin Conroy. Part II comes out next month.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:...Returns_(film)

I'd review the others one but I'm biased against Superman and the rest of the Justice League (i think they are all super ghey) so I dont think I'd give it a fair shake. Basically, I just watch the Batman films. Superman: Doomsday has great fighting scenes though.

Hopefully they keep doing more graphic novels into animated films.

Caliane

I just got around to catching up on a few.

Year one, All star, and Doom.

None are as good as Under the Red Hood. Which is easily my favorite.
Year1 and Doom are ok. Decent watches.
Year 1, I didn't like the VA much. Not a fan of Millars,"is she female? y/n, if Y, then she is a whore" but good animation, and overall a good movie.

All star. skip it honestly. Read the comic. This one REALLY suffers from being far too big of a comic being crammed into 1 movie. Far far too many very important plot points are completely cut out. the animation style doesn't really reflect a tired and breaking down Superman. we don't see the key moments of Pa Kents death, and funeral. they have the Luther haiku.. but not the setup. (was issue 4. then issue 12 is where Luther finishes it.) Issue 4 in general, as the Jimmie Olsen issue. Which also sets up Quintin, who he is, etc. where in the context of the movie, we just have no idea.
Issues 1-3 should have been 1 movie. (which is up to the end of "superwoman lois".
4-6 another movie. although swap 5 and 6. (6 is pa kent, while 5 is Luther and parasite. all 3 of these do not have any direct connections.
7-9 is bizarro saga, and coming back to the Kryptonians. again. another movie.
10-12 being the finale. Kandor, the "day in the life of superman" making Earth Q, saving a train, stopping a giant robot, saving lois, saving Regan, vising Luthor, Earth Q being us, and inventing superman.
How the fuck do you not have that scene in the movie?

Killing Solaris. the fuck?

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Flashpoint Paradox comes out on July 30th. but is now out on the web at the normal places.

So far the best animated movie yet (and they typical are great so that means this one rocks !!)

I am not even a huge flash fan but he is really great in this movie, its a time travel movie that pushes into an elseworld story with a Gun toting non Bruce Wayne Batman, and world with no superman.

If you like DC animated movies, check this out asap !!

396798.jpg

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Add me to the list of agreeing, it was awesome to see him becoming the Flash as well.

Under the red hood really opened me up to these. The opening scene with Joker and Robin blew my mind, I never thought they would animate violence like that.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The nerd ending at the end of the credits is very cool and leads into the next one...

Also note at the end of the movie when Flash returns the timeline to "normal" that he and Batman are both now in their New 52 uniforms.

The DC Animated Universe has been rebooted

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just finished up watching The Dark Knight Returns part 1. Holy shit was this a great movie. Going to watch Part 2 if I have time over the weekend. Who needs live action when their animated films are so well done?

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Both dark knights are amazing, i hope they do the Dark Knight Strikes Again. Year one was also pretty good especially commisioner gordon. As for flashpoint paradox i love their portrayal of alternate superman in that.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Nothing is better then red hood but flashpoint, crisis, frontier, and all star were probably my other favorits. I can't remember public enemies that much

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Both dark knights are amazing, i hope they do the Dark Knight Strikes Again.
I was going to call you a stupid asshole who deserves to be splashed with battery acid, because that shit was a travesty that shit on the grave of Dark Knight Returns. Then I figured there was enough there that they could clean it up and make it a decent animated movie. Especially if they don't try and stick with the art style too closely. The story was really ambitious, it just got so sloppy and slapdash.

I'd still rather they find a way to do well animated versions of Alex Ross' art and give us an awesome 2 part Kingdom Come animated movie. And just like with DKR stay the fuck away from the follow up, The Kingdom.

edit: Even if they can't do it too close to Ross' style a Kingdom Come with a somewhat stylized Bruce Timm look would work.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
question: is there a continuity for these movies? or they are separated stories not linked to each other ?
Mostly standalone as far as I know. Not one unified universe. Someone could give more details though as I'm pretty sure there's some crossover with the shows etc. If you check the list n the first post it mentions some being direct sequels etc.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was going to call you a stupid asshole who deserves to be splashed with battery acid, because that shit was a travesty that shit on the grave of Dark Knight Returns. Then I figured there was enough there that they could clean it up and make it a decent animated movie. Especially if they don't try and stick with the art style too closely. The story was really ambitious, it just got so sloppy and slapdash.

I'd still rather they find a way to do well animated versions of Alex Ross' art and give us an awesome 2 part Kingdom Come animated movie. And just like with DKR stay the fuck away from the follow up, The Kingdom.

edit: Even if they can't do it too close to Ross' style a Kingdom Come with a somewhat stylized Bruce Timm look would work.
Lol i forgot about the art, yeah they can stay away from that but i love the getting the band back together story with plasticman and all the rest. Just keep the art from the first one. And fuck yeah for kingdom come, i would even buy that.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Sitting down and setting aside 2.5 hours for dark knight returns really makes the experience that much better.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I believe any justice league related movie is all connected. As well as most of the batman stuff. So under the red hood And justice league doom are connected but batman year one and superman vs the elite aren't. I usually look at it as if it makes sense that it's connected, then it is

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database