DC Universe Animated Movies

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
JLA Adventures : Trapped in Time is a stealth-release JLA Animated movie that is exclusive to Target and came out yesterday...

Justice League, Time Trapper and the freaking Legion of Superheroes. Be funny if this ends up being more successful than JLA: War haha

rrr_img_57576.jpg

At least in Justice League: WAR they have Victor Stone playing football for the Titans... more of a nod to his old origin than the New52 gave him.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Watching and thoroughly enjoying all these DC animated movies has become one of my dirty, dark, guilty secrets. The few people whom I've mentioned them to are like "lol cartoons grow up bro", but damnit, they're so good!

Gorillaz_sl

shitlord
Just watched Justice League: War...ugh.

The voices hurt a lot at first...and some got better as I went on. But I couldn't deal with how they portrayed half the characters. Cyborg, Batman and Flash were ok. Wonder Woman and Superman were downright TERRIBLE. And two of my favorite Green Lantern and Shazam were really, really uneven.

On top of that, it's literally the worst portrayal of Darkseid I've ever seen. I mean...wow.

I really wanted to love this, I tried really hard. I was so happy to see Captain Marvel (even though I felt Aquaman should've been included too). But this was bad...

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm

The voices hurt a lot at first...and some got better as I went on. But I couldn't deal with how they portrayed half the characters. Cyborg, Batman and Flash were ok. Wonder Woman and Superman were downright TERRIBLE. And two of my favorite Green Lantern and Shazam were really, really uneven.

On top of that, it's literally the worst portrayal of Darkseid I've ever seen. I mean...wow.

I really wanted to love this, I tried really hard. I was so happy to see Captain Marvel (even though I felt Aquaman should've been included too). But this was bad...
Guess I'll have to torrent this first before purchasing it to see if I like/hate it.

Blackyce

Watching and thoroughly enjoying all these DC animated movies has become one of my dirty, dark, guilty secrets. The few people whom I've mentioned them to are like "lol cartoons grow up bro", but damnit, they're so good!
Haha, I'm 47 and love most of these. For some weird reason, DC does their animated movies right most of the time while Marvel's kind of suck. On the other hand most of Marvel's live action movies beat the crap out of DC's.

I still think Batman: Under the Red Hood is the best batman movie, animated or live action.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Haha, I'm 47 and love most of these. For some weird reason, DC does their animated movies right most of the time while Marvel's kind of suck. On the other hand most of Marvel's live action movies beat the crap out of DC's.

I still think Batman: Under the Red Hood is the best batman movie, animated or live action.
I'd call it a toss up with Mask of the Phantasm, but yes Red Hood is amazing.

Nester

Vyemm Raider

I just got finished watching War and i really really liked it. The voices hurt, never thought i would be longing for the Christian Bale Batman voice but here we are, I did get over it. Darksides voice was the only one i liked as it reminded me of Unicorn. He was a little more physical and a lot less cerebral than i would have liked, really he could have been replaced in this movie with any number of galactic villains, it was almost like he was just Badguy01, but it helped push the real story along which was the creation of the new52 JLA.

The Characters are solidly into there New52 rolls, so if you are looking for the traditional heroes your not going to get it here, i really liked the dialogue, GL calling Batman a tool and a douche in one movie! lol there are some really funny parts mostly with the Characters meeting for the first time, posturing up and talking shit to each other. The first meeting of BM/GL and Superman was exactly how i like to see Superman, raw power, superiority and a bit more of a bad ass then you would think. I know that it wont be for everyone but i liked tp see him with a bit of an edge. If you did not like the MoS Supes because of collateral damage and the fact he killed a dude, well you best prepare you box of tissues for this one, because it seems to be the new way.

Capitan Marvel was the one that really annoyed me =p

Watch the after the credits teaser for:

Aquaman. although its not very interesting.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For some weird reason, DC does their animated movies right most of the time while Marvel's kind of suck.
Marvel got my(our?) hopes up so high with Ultimate Avengers, which was dope as fuck on it's own, and then shit all over our hopes and dreams with the Ultimate Avengers sequel. Basically they set it up like they were gonna animate the Ultimate U(which could have ruled), and then immediately bitched out and started branching out to capitalize on new characters instead of establishing characters. After that they have no unified animated universe to build on so everything is completely standalone and thus sits out there floating on it's own with no support.

DC has the Bruce Timm DC universe to work off of. Even when the movies are not based on that (Flashpoint Paradox) they still have it as a baseline universe. There is no unified Marvel animated Universe. Every Marvel cartoon has to stand completely on it's own merit, and that's rough.

Blackyce

Pretty much this whole movie annoyed me. I can understand it's the New52 but OMG it's characters are just not done well. The only two characters I really liked were Batman and Flash. Other than that, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and Shazam were just annoying and Superman was just kind of there.

I really didn't enjoy most of the characters but what was even more hard to accept was the inconsitencies in all of their powers. Like Batman being able to evade Superman when they first meet. Superman being taken out by one shot of Darkseid's omega eye beams but several of the other heroes were hit with them and kept on fighting. Also, why is Darkseid's body completely invulnerable exept his eyes?

Also, if Batman is just a guy in a bat suit, he took a hell of a lot of punishment, being slammed into the side of a wall by a Parademon and taking a punch from Darkseid.

I liked how Wonderwoman's fighting was used but the character was shit and stupid. Also, Green Lantern was this arrogant idiot and NOT what I would think a Green Lantern would be or act like.

The Shazam character was just a waste as well. Why would anyone give the Billy Batson character the powers of Shazam, he was an annoying kid who cheated and stole to get what he wanted. Not some altruistic kind of character. Also, doesn't Shazam have the wisdom of Solomon, cause this Shazam was like a 14yr old given a super body. Just really didn't work.

Finally I'm just not a big fan of how they are adding Cyborg to the JL. I much prefer him back in his roll with the Teen Titans but I guess the JL needs a token black on it's team.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Anyway, the other DC movie is on the torrent sites JLA Adventures: Trapped In Time
The only DC movie where i deleted the download after viewing. Clearly designed for 5-10 year olds, Your little ones may enjoy it but from an adult perspective compared to the other DC movies, just let this one pass. The art was not good, JLA was the backdrop only, the main protagonist was Karate Kid and Dawnstar from the 31st century.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
War wasn't horrible, all things considered. I did like how they made Superman the fucking badass that he would truly be right off, and he even punked Batman initially (everyone punks Green Lantern). I'd kill for a superhero origin that didn't involve everyone fighting each other first, but at least it was minimal this time due to the "invasion" bringing everyone together.

Fortunately I've always felt that Captain Marvel/Shazam was a queer (except when I was a kid and I'd watch Shazam and Isis back to back Saturday mornings, which was awesome!), otherwise I'd probably be pretty upset with how they handled him in this movie. It was realistic, but still made him a fairly unlikable character for me.

To be quite honest, I love the new turn they've taken with Wonder Woman, so I might actually have to go read her new comics since everyone says they are good. Linda Carter first made me realize I loved titties, but my impression of WW ever since then has been that she was pretty lame. Now she's a bloodthirsty warrior who doesn't give a fuck, and would be hot if she weren't a cartoon character, so she's got my vote!

Use of Darkseid was terrible though. Well, let me correct that. It wasn't terrible in that he was mounting an invasion and all that, but for the fight that brings the group together pretty much? That's like bringing in Galactus on the very first issue of Fantastic Four. They needed to start with someone slightly less badass, because now that they beat him, no matter how temporary things in comics are, where do you go from here? The Joker? Pussy. Lex Luthor? Forget it. Bane? Please. Even once you start getting into real powerful characters, Darkseid is almost the top of the chart (if not the top), so anyone below him is just silly against that team.

Overall worth the watch I'd say, even if not quite as awesome as some of the others.

Caliane

yes. that storyline, the nu52 justice league pilot. was generally hated.
Everyone out of character, shit characters etc. one of the worst they could have adapted from the nu52.
bitchseid...

that said, where do they go? Crime Society of America.
Forever evil is kindof fun.

Gorillaz_sl

shitlord
I don't see how you could like Wonder Woman? The ice cream scene? The forced googly eyes at Superman? Yeah she was blood thirsty, but that is generally how she's portrayed in the animated movies, a true Warrior.

And I'm sorry, this Superman was not badass...the time Superman in the Animated Series decided to fully let loose and kick the crap out of Darkseid, that was bad ass.

This Superman felt like just some generic big muscled superhero. He could've been Gladiator, Sentry, or any other Superman knockoff. He had no character at all.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Difference of opinion and all that. For example, I can't stand Batman in most comics and animated movies. The live action movies were fine, but in anything animated they go out of their way to make him extra awesome to somehow prove that a guy with no powers can hang with all those mega-powerful characters. I laughed when Green Lantern said pretty much the same thing in War. I'm not going to get into a Batman argument, I'm just using it as an example of how you like one thing and I like another. I haven't watched many animated movies to be honest, so perhaps I missed Wonder Woman being the same in all the others. Flashpoint I figured was out of the ordinary for her, but maybe not.

Same with Superman. I never saw the animated series you're talking about, or him let loose on Darkseid there, so it was refreshing to see him not even attempt to dodge any of Batman's or Green Lantern's shit because he's supremely confident in his abilities. If it has been done better somewhere else, so be it, but I haven't seen it, so I enjoyed it this time.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Same with Superman. I never saw the animated series you're talking about, or him let loose on Darkseid there

It's not really on an extended brawling level withhim vs. Captain Marveldestroying Luthor's fake city, or a calculated dismantling likehim vs. The Elite(try to ignore the stupid text commentary). But it's just a really well done example of him letting loose on one of the few characters that could "realistically" take it.

The DC toons(TV and movies) have it all over the Marvel ones in general, but where they really shine a lot of the time is the fight scenes. Ultimate Avengers hadHulk vs. the Avengers/Chitauriand that was badass, but most of the time they just don't seem to have the same level of polish.

edit: If you don't smile every time Hulk takes on Giant-Man in that clip you have no soul.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Same with Superman. I never saw the animated series you're talking about, or him let loose on Darkseid there,
It's generally known as the world of cardboard speech.

WTF Grimmlokk do you have a time machine? Your post wasn't there when started posting, so how did you beat me by 15 minutes.