DC Universe (Batman vs Superman thread).

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, Pattinson did good work.

And Twilight certainly would look like a golden ticket for a young actor before the actual movies were made (and in some ways it was .. they were insanely successful).

Can't be worse than fat Affleck.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, Pattinson did good work.

And Twilight certainly would look like a golden ticket for a young actor before the actual movies were made (and in some ways it was .. they were insanely successful).

Can't be worse than fat Affleck.

I will always respect Pattinson because he hated Twilight fans too.

spronk

FPS noob
its official, new trilogy
Warner Bros has approved Robert Pattinson as the star of The Batman, the trilogy of films that Matt Reeves will direct later this year, Deadline hears.

Pattinson has been considered a front runner because the filmmaker liked him, but the studio was torn between him and Nicholas Hoult, and wanted both of the actors on tape because this is such a big decision on a cornerstone Warner Bros DC franchise. Those meetings happened yesterday, I’m told, and the decision was made. Hoult, who starred in Tolkien and is about to reprise in X-Men: First Class, was impressive, but Pattinson will be the guy and negotiations will get underway any moment. The film is produced by Dylan Clark, who produced Reeves’ Planet of the Apes films. Expect an announcement imminently.

Pattinson is a strong choice. He certainly has been at the center of a zeitgest franchise before in Twilight Saga, and he has used the time after to show his chops as an actor. He has shown those chops in films like High Life, and is starring for Warner Bros in Christopher Nolan’s next film, and just debuted in the Robert Eggers-directed The Lighthouse at Cannes.

They’ve got to work out a deal that will clearly include options on at least two more films. Reeves’ film tracks Bruce Wayne in the formative stages of Batman, which is why they needed an actor in his early 30s.

i don't really want another batman origins story but fuck me i guess

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
They need to just turn Batman Arkham Asylum, City, and Origins into movies. The scripts for the entire trilogy are basically already written.

DC needs to realize that no one gives a shit about Batman's origin story. Take a lesson from Sony/Marvel with Spiderman and just jump into the action.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Something akin to Arkham Origins would be a good fit, where he's already been Batmanning for a year or so (so no need to worry about giving us the whole 'becoming the Batman' story), but where he's seeing his first escalation from thugs and mafiosos to actual super villains.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'd rather see a Batman movie where you barely see him as an actual figure, but the perspective is more from the side characters and any Batman scenes portray him like a boogieman.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Little bit concerning it was so down to the wire.

Nicholas Hoult isn't right for the role. I don't know why it was so close. He looks more like he'll play Bruce Wayne's playboy son.

But they had both these guys in studio earlier today on tape because they were convinced Nicholas Hoult was a good pick. I just don't see it.

Not to casually toss around cliches-- but Nick looks rather "soy". I don't know if they just wanted to target a younger demographic, or why they were so hung up on Nicholas Hoult as the next Batman. I'd love to hear the casting process and be in that room and listen to why it was so down to the wire between these two. One is obviously unlike the other. Polarizing to have 2 different looks in a shootout like there was earlier today. Usually its a subtle difference. The camera age of these two individuals is entirely distant from each other. It makes me wonder what they were going for, or who had doubts? Maybe we'll get some leaks.

R Pattz is more of a "our Batman" pick.

Thankfully they got it right.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Fuck this unending stream of remakes. Pisses me off. They wont be getting my buisness until they give us something original. I want my fucking Darkseid wrecks the place movie. Why cant they get thier shit together. Just like Un executed his negotiating team, they need to do the same with the exec's and twats that keep fucking with the DC legacy and turning it into a total failure of cinema.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
its official, new trilogy
Warner Bros has approved Robert Pattinson as the star of The Batman, the trilogy of films that Matt Reeves will direct later this year, Deadline hears.

Pattinson has been considered a front runner because the filmmaker liked him, but the studio was torn between him and Nicholas Hoult, and wanted both of the actors on tape because this is such a big decision on a cornerstone Warner Bros DC franchise. Those meetings happened yesterday, I’m told, and the decision was made. Hoult, who starred in Tolkien and is about to reprise in X-Men: First Class, was impressive, but Pattinson will be the guy and negotiations will get underway any moment. The film is produced by Dylan Clark, who produced Reeves’ Planet of the Apes films. Expect an announcement imminently.

Pattinson is a strong choice. He certainly has been at the center of a zeitgest franchise before in Twilight Saga, and he has used the time after to show his chops as an actor. He has shown those chops in films like High Life, and is starring for Warner Bros in Christopher Nolan’s next film, and just debuted in the Robert Eggers-directed The Lighthouse at Cannes.

They’ve got to work out a deal that will clearly include options on at least two more films. Reeves’ film tracks Bruce Wayne in the formative stages of Batman, which is why they needed an actor in his early 30s.

i don't really want another batman origins story but fuck me i guess

Passing up Nicholas Hoult is a mistake.

4c1.gif

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Little bit concerning it was so down to the wire.

View attachment 209779

Nicholas Hoult isn't right for the role. I don't know why it was so close. He looks more like he'll play Bruce Wayne's playboy son.

But they had both these guys in studio earlier today on tape because they were convinced Nicholas Hoult was a good pick. I just don't see it.

Not to casually toss around cliches-- but Nick looks rather "soy". I don't know if they just wanted to target a younger demographic, or why they were so hung up on Nicholas Hoult as the next Batman. I'd love to hear the casting process and be in that room and listen to why it was so down to the wire between these two. One is obviously unlike the other. Polarizing to have 2 different looks in a shootout like there was earlier today. Usually its a subtle difference. The camera age of these two individuals is entirely distant from each other. It makes me wonder what they were going for, or who had doubts? Maybe we'll get some leaks.

R Pattz is more of a "our Batman" pick.

Thankfully they got it right.

I actually see the opposite. Pattz is the "soy" one...I mean, don't me wrong, I think they are both not great for the role--Batman actually a big guy, these two just don't look at that imposing even when they put on muscle. But Hoult has shown a range for crazy that I think would make him better suited. Anyone that can play a nerdy, shy beast and then play this crazy fuck really well is an amazing actor.

giphy.gif

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fedor

<Banned>
I actually see the opposite. Pattz is the "soy" one...I mean, don't me wrong, I think they are both not great for the role--Batman actually a big guy, these two just don't look at that imposing even when they put on muscle. But Hoult has shown a range for crazy that I think would make him better suited. Anyone that can play a nerdy, shy beast and then play this crazy fuck really well is an amazing actor.

giphy.gif

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

giphy.gif

I see that as a step toward the "baddest man on the planet" Batman of Ben Affleck.

For me R Patz is a step toward Bale. He's got that mystery and darkness that Bale carried in the Nolan trilogy. Someone who can play both Bruce Wayne and Batman. I'd have concerns about Hoult's Bruce wayne.

His screen age is just too low for me and he's got a softer looking appearance.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'd rather see a Batman movie where you barely see him as an actual figure, but the perspective is more from the side characters and any Batman scenes portray him like a boogieman.
oh, i just saw a movie like this

highwaymen, kevin coster and woody hunt down bonnie and clyde. bonnie and clyde get like 1 or 2mins of screen time, the entire movie is just watching those two chase n find them and ultimately to the shootout.

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
oh, i just saw a movie like this

highwaymen, kevin coster and woody hunt down bonnie and clyde. bonnie and clyde get like 1 or 2mins of screen time, the entire movie is just watching those two chase n find them and ultimately to the shootout.

I would say more screen time than that, but don't "humanize" him so much, make us never experience Bruce Wayne or Batcave scenes, time on the roof with Commissioner Gordon, etc.

I like the first Batman movie with Michael Keaton, in the warehouse, where he's very much a phantom.

This scene from Titans is probably one of the best interpretations of him as a "boogieman" that I can find. Its a dream sequence and BS because he kills people, but you get the idea. An Aliens or Predator movie type vibe.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users