DC Universe (Batman vs Superman thread).

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I really dont want any Bruce Wayne, just batman all the time, give me an older grittier batman all the time, ala urbans judge dread, I dont ever want to see under the cowl. And in that case I want someone physically imposing like armie hammer, but what do I know I have just been collecting batman comics for 30 years.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I really dont want any Bruce Wayne, just batman all the time, give me an older grittier batman all the time, ala urbans judge dread, I dont ever want to see under the cowl. And in that case I want someone physically imposing like armie hammer, but what do I know I have just been collecting batman comics for 30 years.

i can't remember where it came from, but someone, somewhere pointed out that bruce wayne is actually batman's alter ego, not the other way around. bruce wayne exists specifically to fuel batman's ability to keep being batman. i think a lot of it came from kevin conroy in the animated series. He was the one who came up with the "batman voice." adam west's batman was just a little more stern, if anything, but kevin conroy made the voice a distinct character. so when you'd see batman by himself in the batcave, or with alfred, he'd still talk with that gruff voice instead of the soft, higher timbre'd bruce wayne voice.

it's sort of surprising that ben affleck's batman is the one that came the closest to protraying that. bruce wayne only exists to get answers for batman in public. i'm absolutely okay with bruce wayne being around and active as long as that idea is portrayed. when he says "I'm Batman" it's not a silly catchphrase. he IS batman. bruce wayne is the mask.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Seems like there's mixed opinions on Pattinson. I know Reeves and WB were holding costume tests all week with these two guys.

If it was announced this early after the costume tests, it must've been pretty lopsided in Pattinson's favor. I don't really think Hoult has the acting chops to pull off a big role like this yet. Whereas Pattinson has been doing some interesting indie films as of late, w/ good talent. He's been picking his roles very carefully.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
i can't remember where it came from, but someone, somewhere pointed out that bruce wayne is actually batman's alter ego, not the other way around. bruce wayne exists specifically to fuel batman's ability to keep being batman. i think a lot of it came from kevin conroy in the animated series. He was the one who came up with the "batman voice." adam west's batman was just a little more stern, if anything, but kevin conroy made the voice a distinct character. so when you'd see batman by himself in the batcave, or with alfred, he'd still talk with that gruff voice instead of the soft, higher timbre'd bruce wayne voice.

it's sort of surprising that ben affleck's batman is the one that came the closest to protraying that. bruce wayne only exists to get answers for batman in public. i'm absolutely okay with bruce wayne being around and active as long as that idea is portrayed. when he says "I'm Batman" it's not a silly catchphrase. he IS batman. bruce wayne is the mask.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ohkcrlho

How many times Hollywood has to kill his parents?
Poor batman

• 1Like

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Soyboys for soy generation. He better pulls a Bale transformation, or they'll have to use a can of helium as voice modulator.

• 2Like

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
Am I the only one confused that either actor was considered for batman?

• 6Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>

That’s my theory of Batman, Bruve Wayne doesn’t exists and died in the alley with his parents. It’s comic canon as well, just never explicitly stated, such as when he is holding Wonder Woman’s lasso and she asks “what is you name?” And he responds with “Batman.”

Bruce Wayne exists to facilitate his ability to continue being the Batman and little more, I get the impression he would abandon Bruce completely if he could or Alfred would allow him. (Alfred would never see him as anything other than Bruce unless Batman crosses ‘the line’ and becomes a monster that he can no longer ignore)

I like Batman.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'd rather see a Batman movie where you barely see him as an actual figure, but the perspective is more from the side characters and any Batman scenes portray him like a boogieman.

Sounds terrible

Last edited:

j00t

Sounds terrible

i think that'd work as an animated film set up as a bunch of shorts, like enter the matrix or love death and robots. i think it could actually be pretty interesting to show batman from the eyes of the villians, the eyes of street thugs, the eyes of alfred, the eyes of gordon. as long as they keep them short, i don't think any of them would get overplayed

edit: wtf is going on with quoting Ambiturner Ambiturner

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wait is that a working title or are they really just adding THE to the beginning instead of adding a number or a catchy phrase like Star: Trek into Darkness and Star: Trek Beyond?

Juvarisx

Florida
Cast list for the new one, i expect atleast half to not make it to the end

EEXoL5OXYAITCs3 (1).jpg

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hope Pete Davidson and his butthole eyes dies in a hilarious way.

• 2Like