DC Universe (Batman vs Superman thread).

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
2.43 star(s) Rating: 2.43/5 7 Votes
Title: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Tagline: Justice or revenge

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Zack Snyder

Cast: Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Amy Adams, Jesse Eisenberg, Diane Lane, Jeremy Irons, Laurence Fishburne, Holly Hunter, Scoot McNairy, Callan Mulvey, Tao Okamoto, Jena Malone, Brandon Spink, Lauren Cohan, Hugh Maguire, Michael Cassidy, Alan D. Purwin, Dan Amboyer, Rebecca Buller, Harry Lennix, Christina Wren, Jade Chynoweth, Chad Krowchuk, Kevin Costner, Ezra Miller, Patrick Wilson, Michael Shannon, Charlie Rose, Vikram Gandhi, Andrew Sullivan, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Jon Stewart, Soledad O'Brien, Erika R. Erickson, Dana Bash, Nancy Grace, Anderson Cooper, Brooke Baldwin, Carla Gugino, Jason Momoa, Joe Morton, Ray Fisher, Joseph Cranford, Emily Peterson, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Sammi Rotibi, Hanna Dworkin, Tiffany L. Addison, Owais Ahmed, Anish Jethmalani, Tiffany Bedwell, Natalee Arteaga, Keith D. Gallagher, Jeff Dumas, Miriam Lee, Alicia Regan, Stephanie Koenig, Ripley Sobo, Richard Burden, Julius Tennon, Wunmi Mosaku, Dennis North, Kiff VandenHeuvel, Mason Heidger, Ahney Her, Kristine Cabanban, Sebastian Sozzi, Kent Shocknek, Ralph Lister, Sammy A. Publes, Jay R. Adams, David Midura, Jay Towers, Michael Ellison, Kirill Ostapenko, Rashontae Wawrzyniak, Tom Luginbill, Dave Pasch, Danny Mooney , Henry Frost III, Nicole Forester, Debbie Stabenow, Milica Govich , John Lepard, Sandra Love Aldridge, Graham W.J. Beal, Henri Franklin, Jonathan West, T.J. Martinelli, Chris Newman, Lulu Dahl, Sam Logan Khaleghi, Anne Marie Damman, Connie Craig, Henrietta Hermelin, Patrick Leahy, Albert Valladares, David Paris, Abigail Kuklis, Greg Violand, Tiren Jhames, Steve Jasgur, Jonathan Stanley, Jesse Nagy, Duvale Murchison, Thomas J. Fentress, Coburn Goss, Jeff Hanlin, Gary A. Hecker, Robin Atkin Downes, Issac Ryan Brown, Barton Bund, Bailey Chase, Patrick O'Connor Cronin, Sonja Crosby, C.T. Fletcher, Ahman Green, Diana Gaitirira, Jalene Mack, Esodie Geiger, Nene Nwoko, Scott Edward Logan, Marcus Goddard, Cruz Gonzalez-Cadel, Alma Martinez, Sal Lopez, Marcel Shihadeh, Theo Bongani Ndyalvane, Satori Shakoor, Ele Bardha, Inder Kumar, Brandon Bautista, Laura Atwood, Debbie Scaletta, David Leach, Gordon Michaels, Brian Boland, Taras Los, Jason Hughley, Sidi Henderson, Meighan Gerachis, Nicole Santini, Axel Harney, Wayne E. Brown, Dante Briggins, Shannon Garnett, Lynch R. Travis, Carmen Gangale, Joe Cipriano, Will Blagrove, Marcelo Bem

Release: 2016-03-23

Runtime: 151

Plot: Fearing the actions of a god-like Super Hero left unchecked, Gotham City’s own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis’s most revered, modern-day savior, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs. And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it’s ever known before.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
In the other thread I said that watching BvS felt like watching a lot of great youtube videos linked together but with no coherent story serving them. Got this video in my feed today, I think this guy really expounds that sentiment and explains it. Like one telling aspect he points out is there are 8 scenes set in the daily planet, most are under 30 seconds (Many were literally there to deliver a 2 line exchange)...The movie had really great shots, and moments, but they were a disjointed mess that felt very...disconnected (And rushed). Anyway, this is a good analysis (The channel is kind of dumb though.)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lusiphur

Peasant
It holds up better with the extended version but I agree with most that it actually should have been two movies. I guess Lyrical hasn't come over yet or he would already be posting in this thread ..

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Just watched it, the only take away I had that was mildly negative was that batman uses guns now. With all of the Hollywood re-writing of everything, I'll take it over turning batman into a trans-gendered rhino-kin or some other bullshit they could do.

Other than that it seemed like a solid movie. The intro and tying it into the man of steel movie was really well done. Can't wait for the rest of the series, hopefully DC doesn't go all retard heavy because the movie tanked on the paid reviewer list.

Was super hesitant about Ben as Batman but I think they did well, his voice in the suit was WAY better than TDK batman.Odd that they played him off like a meathead, a super smart meathead.

---

The above video hits on a lot of points but I think he is placing too much emphasis moments as a distraction or attempting to force the audience to connect with a scene. I agree that the movie could have been broken into two, three hour movies, but I really don't think it would have served much because the first half was trying to get the audience to connect on an emotional level with superman and the second half was "The Movie". The Moments made me think of huge comic book spreads and this movie was dozens of comics mashed into one film.

I guess the Moments didn't bother me because I was taken into the scene. One of the better ones was the ultra slow shot of the families in the flood looking up to superman. I hope the guy noticed that all the moments in that segment were progressively getting slower up to that final shot and the entire time I'm thinking, "Damn, he just seems tired, the weight of the world on his shoulders, people are starting to treat him as a threat and he still does what is right."

The guy makes a note of the fact that there weren't any scenes that were really extended and I kinda feel like that was actually intended. The whole movie unravels if batman or superman just sat down with a respective peer and actually had a scene. I think Alfred makes a point in one scene and basically said that Bruce removing himself emotionally is making him cruel and it's only at the end of the movie that you really get a sense from Bruce that he understood how deeply he fucked up and let his anger or ego get the best of him. Then you had another scene with Clark and his mom on the phone and he just wants to understand why he does this superman shit, he's just a man with the weight of the world on him and that was his turning point. Could it have been played out more or longer? Sure but to what effect, to make him seem more human?

I went into the movie with low expectations and was pretty thrilled walking away from it.

Last edited:

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Watched it last night. Would be better if it had Superman in it. And much like in previous movies, batman just isn't smart enough. Him not realizing he's being played by Lex was inappropriate.

The scene with Batman rescuing Martha was amazing. The Mad Max dream sequence was great too. Wonder woman was ok, but entirely forgettable. All I could think of is how big of a missed opportunity it was to not cast Gina Carano. Lex was entertaining if a bit silly and unimpressive as a villian. His plot execution was carried by the suspension of disbelief on the part of the audience.

I ended the movie being marginally excited about Darkseid(?) and wondering if they were really going to make him look like one of the aliens from independence day.

• 1Garbage

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
It holds up better with the extended version but I agree with most that it actually should have been two movies. I guess Lyrical hasn't come over yet or he would already be posting in this thread ..

I keep hearing this but my only viewing of this was the extended version and I had trouble even making it through this flick. If that's supposed to be the "better version", I feel bad for the poor souls that endured the shitty cut. It hurts my heart these DC movies are such shitfests.

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I thought Gina was terrible in Deadpool, I want a WW who can do more than grunt and look big and mean.
Gal was really good as Diana but I hope she gains a bit more definition for the next flick.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
See I thought Gal was a waste of time as Diana. I didn't even think of her as Wonderwoman until halfway when I remembered WW was in the movie. She was so lacklustre I thought she could've been dropped from the movie and it would have been better for it.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
While I used to like Gina Carano, I would bet a substantial amount of money that if you gave her the role of Wonder Woman she would be absolutely terrible at it. She really, really can't act, and has apparently gained a ton of weight (whether it is muscle or not I can't say) if Deadpool is any indicator, and I don't really need my WW to be a She-Hulk. I'd rather she be too skinny than too bulky.

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
I have high hopes for JL. the trailer looks great and it looks like there will be some major back story I hope for its better then the shit stain know as BvS

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
While I used to like Gina Carano, I would bet a substantial amount of money that if you gave her the role of Wonder Woman she would be absolutely terrible at it. She really, really can't act, and has apparently gained a ton of weight (whether it is muscle or not I can't say) if Deadpool is any indicator, and I don't really need my WW to be a She-Hulk. I'd rather she be too skinny than too bulky.
She wouldn't be as big as she was in deadpool if she played WW. As for acting, Gal Gadot was nothing special.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I keep hearing this but my only viewing of this was the extended version and I had trouble even making it through this flick. If that's supposed to be the "better version", I feel bad for the poor souls that endured the shitty cut. It hurts my heart these DC movies are such shitfests.

I'd rate the theatrical cut a 4/10, and the Ultimate version a 6.5/10. I will never watch the theatrical version again.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Not sure why you hold Gina Carano in such high regard as an actress.

She's a pretty bad actress and would make a terrible Wonder Woman

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I watched this and Man of Steel on work flights. After all the flak I'd heard about both of them I was very surprised about how entertaining they both were. I think Man of Steel was by far the better of the two.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Anybody that things Gina Carano would make a good WW obviously never watched Linda Carter's WW. It's somewhat ironic that those that think Gal is too skinny think Gina is "just right"-- the woman is huge. I don't think Gal is the best choice out there, but if she could pack on about 10lbs of muscle she'd be mighty close. It's also possible that her gymnastics skills contributed to her being chosen for the role.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
After seeing her as Wonder Woman in BvS and in the WW trailer, I don't mind her all that much, she's skinny but still looks ok. I have more issue with the fact that she's a terrible actress. She had a small role in BvS so it didn't affect the movie much...but she has to carry WW, so that's kinda worrisome.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Anybody that things Gina Carano would make a good WW obviously never watched Linda Carter's WW. It's somewhat ironic that those that think Gal is too skinny think Gina is "just right"-- the woman is huge. I don't think Gal is the best choice out there, but if she could pack on about 10lbs of muscle she'd be mighty close. It's also possible that her gymnastics skills contributed to her being chosen for the role.
That's cuz ppl only remember "weigh in" Gina where she starves herself to 145
gina-carano-weigh-in.jpg

Where her movie/walk around weight is like 170
5120082-7393803114-every.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database