DDO (D&D Online)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
New update goes live as soon as servers are up. Monster Manual 4 and temple are the ones you need to buy or be vip for. Monster manuals add quite a bit of xp to the grind as is. I think char counts get reset with TR but account counts keep climbing.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
Installing right now. Will be able to play when I get home see you soon zhenpai

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Got my wizard/rogue up to level 8 (7 wiz 1 rogue) so far and really enjoying it. I do feel like I'm being completely carried by my fighter/cleric duo friend though. Fights usually come down to me spending 25% of my mana bar nuking down 1-2 mobs over 10 seconds, while he's just walking around 1-2 shotting everything with a two-hander and cleaves. I also drop like a rock if I get a few mobs on me that make their saves vs my CC. I keep telling myself it gets better later when I'm a higher level wizard
smile.png

We bought VIP status for a month, so we've just been doing everything on elite mode, which has been rather challenging. Nice change of pace from most recent mmo's where the leveling content is faceroll.

Played this at release, decided to try it again due to this thread. Made a 2/2 fighter/rogue and a 6 cleric. I like the cleric a lot more. Decided to sub for a month to do all the dungeons chains I remember. Been hard to put groups together for 'em though. Am on Sarlona server. I think the New release has a dungeon for lvl 7 and again for epic levels?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Got my wizard/rogue up to level 8 (7 wiz 1 rogue) so far and really enjoying it. I do feel like I'm being completely carried by my fighter/cleric duo friend though. Fights usually come down to me spending 25% of my mana bar nuking down 1-2 mobs over 10 seconds, while he's just walking around 1-2 shotting everything with a two-hander and cleaves. I also drop like a rock if I get a few mobs on me that make their saves vs my CC. I keep telling myself it gets better later when I'm a higher level wizard
smile.png

We bought VIP status for a month, so we've just been doing everything on elite mode, which has been rather challenging. Nice change of pace from most recent mmo's where the leveling content is faceroll.
2handers, and melee in general, are much more powerful than wizards at lower levels. iirc Wall of Fire is the first hoooooly shit spell arcane casters get because the AI isn't smart enough to avoid it so you get just ridiculous amounts of damage out of it.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Category:Free to Play quests - DDO wiki

If you're free to play doeveryquest Normal->Hard->Elitex3. DO NOT level up until you've completed every quest at your current level including wilderness areas. Bank the XP instead. It's better to do every level 4 quest at level 4. If you always level up the second you'll out level a ton of quests and gimp your XP.

Also it's a good idea to duo with a friend or something and one of you runs around smashing boxes, disabling traps/devices and so forth for all the bonus xp as well while the other worries about killing things. It can add up pretty quick.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Ok.. installing. I'm traveling quite a bit over the next 2-3 weeks so needed something on my Macbook. Was thinking of doing the next D3 season but may give this a try. I have never played DDO and will stay FTP for the time being. I always play a cleric. Any insight for a complete noob? Trying to read a lot tonight and appreciate the wiki Zehn!

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Ok.. installing. I'm traveling quite a bit over the next 2-3 weeks so needed something on my Macbook. Was thinking of doing the next D3 season but may give this a try. I have never played DDO and will stay FTP for the time being. I always play a cleric. Any insight for a complete noob? Trying to read a lot tonight and appreciate the wiki Zehn!
Do you know DnD 3.5 well? If not ho boy... this is going to be a doozy.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
What is the stuff in the notes about 'melee power' and 'ranged power' (ie feats grant +2 melee power) ?

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Man, they really fucked this patch the hell up.

Palum, I am assuming it works like spell power, ie boosts damage of that type.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Man, they really fucked this patch the hell up.

Palum, I am assuming it works like spell power, ie boosts damage of that type.
I figured but I'm just trying to figure why it is power now and not +2 damage? Wonder if it scales differently than 'damage' or something.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Melee/ranged/spell power adds bonus damage. Each point is equal to 1% bonus damage applied on top of all other modifiers. This is most noticeable with empower/maximize spell. Before it was 75/150% bonus damage. It's now +75/+150 spell power respectively. Same boost but it makes it much simpler to understand when you start tacking on other bonuses like from enhancements and gear. You'll often find equipment with like +72 negative energy spell power or whatnot.

So if you have +50 melee power your attacks do 50% more damage applied after all other modifiers.