Dead Space 3

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Not to drudge up old hate, but...

They released a DLC a little while back called "Awakened", which was definitely more horror-ish than the main game. While it wasn't as classic as the first game, it definitely felt better than 3 itself. It was pretty good, but just goes to show what a damn shame that the main game took the series went away from its roots. They could have done this type of effect in 3 and although wouldn't have been as scary as 1, would've been nice enough as a psychotic thriller.

The story continues, and actually serves as a lead in to what may be a 4th game (although many might be turned off by now).

While Amazon does have it for half-off sometimes, the DLC is definitely short and you revisit some old areas. I recommend watching a walkthrough on youtube to save yourself a few bucks and to avoid throwing any more loot at EA.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Exactly..

youtube playthroughs...

no money to EA

that's what I'll do
wink.png

wink.png

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I would actually recommend playing through Awakened. It does bring back the old Dead Space feel and it can be scary at times. It definitely is scarier than the rest of the game.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Good to hear Kaige - it hasn't excited me enough to go back and grab the DLC with my current game backlog (which is enormous since I started a new account for trophies - got sick of seeing 0-5% completions on PS+ stuff or rentals I hated) but good to hear for an eventual purchase.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don't think this deserves its own thread so posting here. Spiritual successor. Game is called "Negative Atmosphere" *Pre ALPHA* footage:

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
It looks pretty wicked, but all the bitching by the protagonist was annoying. Hopefully there's a "mute" option for that.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I really liked the dead space games, they were flawed but fun. Two has one of the best openings of all time and one of them almost had one of my favourite endings of all time but they fucked it up at the last second. You just kind sit down and watch the world fall apart, it was actually very poetic, made sense, and was suiting. Oh well.

Hopefully this turns out good cuz I’m digging the aesthetic

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Well you don’t have to ask me how I feel. I’ve written pages here about my love of Dead Space. What made the game fantastic wasn’t just the horror elements and game play but the setting, lore, and music too. Let’s hope they have something written well.

Altman be fucking praised!

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, Dead Space 1 and 2 weren’t flawless, but they were great. The designers really nailed the interaction of game menus without a HUD. I never actually played 3 because I’d heard it leaned way in to the action shooting co-op and multiplayer and away from what made 1 and 2 unique and special.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They were both close to Flawless for me. Platinum’d DS1. My favorite horror series.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user