Deadpool (2016)

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah this movie is following that original script which is awesome. Im assuming he cant teleport or the handcuffs prevent it

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
I never read any of the comic books and my exposure to both Marvel and DC has either been from the recent movies or the kick ass X-Men cartoon from the 90's. With that said, is there traditionally a large quantity of "cross over" superheroes between Marvel and DC? Aquaman / Namor is an easy example but I am thinking more along the lines of Deadpool / Deathstroke, Batman / Black Panther, or even Superman / Shazam(Mr. Marvel). Like is there a "Fire" (Johnny Storm) or "Ice" (Iceman) equivalent in the DC universe?

Homsar

I never read any of the comic books and my exposure to both Marvel and DC has either been from the recent movies or the kick ass X-Men cartoon from the 90's. With that said, is there traditionally a large quantity of "cross over" superheroes between Marvel and DC? Aquaman / Namor is an easy example but I am thinking more along the lines of Deadpool / Deathstroke, Batman / Black Panther, or even Superman / Shazam(Mr. Marvel). Like is there a "Fire" (Johnny Storm) or "Ice" (Iceman) equivalent in the DC universe?
Deadpool more along the lines of Ms. Doubtfire

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Firestorm and Killer Frost probably, but Frost is a villain. Actually other than the powers the characters are really different.

j00t

Most of the iconic characters are ripped off, or have been ripped off by other comics. That's just how it goes. And if they aren't a carbon copy of another character (deadpool and deathstroke), then they are influenced by them pretty heavily (Thor vs superman). They all have pretty clear character distinctions simply due to the character existing for an extended period of time. Deadpool was originally a literal carbon copy of deathstroke but through the years he's developed his own unique character. Same with darkseid and thanos.

Column_sl

shitlord
There's basically like 3 templates. Superman, Batman, and the Hulk, or something similar. Even they are rip offs of characters in literature.

Everything else is just a variation off of that.

j00t

Basically, yes, though it's a little more complicated. You have powerset templates, (superman, hulk, magneto) then you have character templates (batman, superman, joker, lex luthor). There's several templates for both aspects then you just mix and match till you're happy

Xevy

Log Wizard
I read like 8 pages. 2-3 of those are the same scene as the test footage, though.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Read the whole thing.

fucking flawless

Last script I read that had me that excited was Interstellar, and well the changes they made in the movie left me wanting, to say the least.

If they film it page for page from that script it'll be epic, which from everything we've seen looks like they are doing. Can see this easily topping all time rated R comic book films (current champ 300 @ 210mil domestic). I would say top all time Rated R films period but the character isn't that well known to the general public and the Marvel name (even though it's fox, but pleb's don't know the difference) can only do so much with it's R rating.