Deadpool (2016)

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Release date is Feb 12th, right? I was at a little podunk theater last night and they're showing it on Feb 11. I'm not even talking about a midnight showing, it's going to be at 7 and 9 PM. I can't figure out how they have the stroke to get the movie early unless they're just part of a big chain that's getting it a day early.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Release date is Feb 12th, right? I was at a little podunk theater last night and they're showing it on Feb 11. I'm not even talking about a midnight showing, it's going to be at 7 and 9 PM. I can't figure out how they have the stroke to get the movie early unless they're just part of a big chain that's getting it a day early.
Everyone has Thursday releases at 7pm now. I have IMAX tickets for Deadpool at 7pm on Thursday as well. I saw 13 Hours at 7pm on Thursday, Star Wars same time, etc. Every major (and probably many lesser as well) movie is now opening at 7pm Thursday night, probably for a little extra boost in that first weekend box office that matters so much to studio execs. They've been doing it that past year or two.

Eonan

Doer of Things
Work is going to prevent me from seeing it on Thursday, but I got my tickets yesterday for Friday the 12th. A nice 1:30pm showing in a theatre that I'll likely have all to myself $.$

Xevy

Log Wizard
Seeing it Thursday. I should totally wear my full spandex deadpool outfit (sans mask and weapons, of course), but I'm eating at a fancy buffet before the movie. Not that I'm worried what people would think, more the fact that I'd destroy that spandex AND impending diarrhea in a full body zip up is always a problem. (See Christopher Meloni in They Came Together for further information)

joz123

Potato del Grande
lolz

rrr_img_124552.jpg

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I hope the movie is a commercial success. Fox really seems to be doing everything right right with this franchise. They seem to be doing th character right, have an awesome star in Reynold that has the character at heart is doing a great job of promoting it, they are doing a great job of promoting it. It would be a shame if people just don't go see it, especially if the movie is good as early reports seem to indicate.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Well luckily the movie is in a prime position for valentines day dates. The only romance movie on Vday will be the week-old The Choice, with Alexandra Daddario, and some no-names. It really isnt getting much press and looks to be really lame even for that genre. Even my girlfriend wants to see deadpool over The Choice and she's a Nicholas Sparks fiend and doesn't like "violent" movies. Yet when presented with the choice, she'd rather see deadpool. Anecdotal, i know, but I think the movie will easily recoup its budget.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Rob Liefeld was on Collider Heroes this week talking shop about Deadpool. When the marketing for the movie came up he said that Ryan Reynold's has come up with a lot of the ideas himself.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Rob Liefeld was on Collider Heroes this week talking shop about Deadpool. When the marketing for the movie came up he said that Ryan Reynold's has come up with a lot of the ideas himself.
Seeing how enthusiastic and ecstatic he is about this movie gives me great hope that it is going to be (in Azeth* form) 'Michael Jordan' level of epicness. You typically see the normal lip-service and etc from writers/creators, but this guy is like a 'kid in a candy store' excited about this movie.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
got my tickets. taking the wife & kids (they are 11 11 and 14) out to eat, then to the xplus atmos showcase cinema in revere on the 11th at 7:10

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Wasn't that already apparent?
It was a given that he had input in the same way that a good comedic actor will riff or improv rather than just stay strictly on script, taking other people concepts and putting his own personalized touches on them. Beyond that no.

Caliane

Seeing how enthusiastic and ecstatic he is about this movie gives me great hope that it is going to be (in Azeth* form) 'Michael Jordan' level of epicness. You typically see the normal lip-service and etc from writers/creators, but this guy is like a 'kid in a candy store' excited about this movie.
its like you dont know rob.

he is enthusiastic and ecstatic, about literally everything he has ever done or seen, including hiring lawyers and suing or threatening to sue his coworkers into submission.
"Kid in a candy store" is the definition of Rob in every minute of his life. And explains his art.

heres rob, inking professional work while driving.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah, it's legal if your parents are with you. But remember Lenardo is also the guy that lets his kids play games like 50 hours a week. And he's a Pats fan. Pretty much a terrible person.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Completely depends on the maturity level of the kids, imo. I watched rated r movies when I was sub-10 years old, but by that time I was way into dungeons and dragons and NIN, so rated R material wasn't really -that- intense for me. I couldn't really relate to some aspects of the media, but all the normal cool stuff was still cool.

But if your kids are wii playing pansies, I most certainly would not bring them to see a rated R movie that has already shown in trailers lots of profanity/violence/gore/semi-nudity.

Edit: Also I'm pretty sure Lost Virtue was talking about Reynolds, not Liefeld.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea Dungeons and Dragons is some intense adult level shit that prepares you for manhood.