Deadpool (2016)

Sulrn

Deuces
Early reviews seem decent,, only major complaints are the actual villains it seems.
Who the fuck goes to a Deadpool movie to see the villains?
100% on RT at the moment. Reviews I've read said there is a distinct lack of plot, but no one gives a fuck because it does what it does in the best possible way.
It's a comic book movie, if you don't have an interesting dynamic between who to root for and who to hate it leaves everything in between muted to some extent - ie aimless film progression. Movie can still be good, but it now has an obvious weak point that starts to unravel the rest of the movie if the rest can't keep it afloat. Sounds like that's what some people are seeing and it's how I felt after watching all the trailers that came out and the marketing spots were better (ie felt more like Deadpool) than the actual trailers/film shown.

Need some real people reviews before I lose the skepticism.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I think they dropped the ball with the Deadpool superbowl commercial. At the very end, he says "See You Next Friday, America!" They really should have said next Thursday (really, movies come out on Thursday). It would have been golden. Plus, the whole CUNT thing (see you next tuesday) would have been complete.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Video games ...wiiu ps4 xbox1 games they play call of duty , sims 4 minecraft, titanfall tomb raider skyrim, bayonetta Mario kart, etc. I was just gonna go with wife-have a date night, but she said the kids wanted to see it too so they are going too.
Yeah, well, it's been said to be Hard-R so...

Now ? your kids are huge DEADPOOL fans ? just know ? going into this? In addition to limbs and heads being cut off, blown off and well, it?s all up for grabs ? just know that at some point in the film, you?ll see Morena Baccarin?s VANESSA (Ryan Reynolds? Wade Wilson?s girl friend) fucking a vulnerable Wade up the keister.

spronk

FPS noob
morena baccarin pegging ryan reynolds? day one for me now

thu night tickets are pretty much 100% sold out for the resvd seating theater near me (just front row left), the friday matinee movies are still fairly open up though

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Who the fuck goes to a Deadpool movie to see the villains?
DP has the best villains!

1988445-doctor_bong_diagnosis_deadpool_26.jpg

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
The Collider guys were absolutely raving about the movie in their non-spoiler review today. They said even the opening credits are hilarious.

Juvarisx

Florida
Reviews for this will probably be similar to the reviews for Dredd, as in the people familiar with the material will love it, and it will fly over the rest of the critics head. The lack of a strong villain is the one example I have seen already...who gives a fuck about the villain in a Deadpool comic or film.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Thursday needs to come already, has there been any confirmation on Teleporting or other powers? I need to see what the deal is with the opening credits, every review has brought it up

He gave Deadpool an A+, last year he only gave Mad Max an A+

Caliane

my facebook, etc is on fire from people flipping out on Rob being a giant dumbass. (and as I hinted at, not super well liked among comic book people. lots of lawsuits, owed money, stolen money/credit, etc..)

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02/...ated-deadpool/
Basically the New York Times ran an interview with Rob Liefeld where he said a few things about the creative process with writer Fabian Nicieza over the creation of Deadpool. It was titled "Meet The Prime Mover Behind The Mercenary."
some comedy in these tweets.

Column_sl

shitlord
my facebook, etc is on fire from people flipping out on Rob being a giant dumbass. (and as I hinted at, not super well liked among comic book people. lots of lawsuits, owed money, stolen money/credit, etc..)

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02/...ated-deadpool/

some comedy in these tweets.
Rob takes a lot of warranted criticism, but also a lot of bullshit gets thrown at him as well.Trust me I know the full story on Image Comics, and Rob's company with in it.

Regardless of that, when he took over New Mutants that book was in the trashcan ( it was the lowest selling Marvel book), and he pulled a miracle making it the number one Marvel Book at the time. That had nothing to do with the writer. Even tho he could have stated it with more tact, and less ego Rob is correct in saying whoever worked with him in those early years basically won a lottery ticket.

The problem with small communities such as the comic art community is they tend to gang up on people, and i'm seeing that pretty evident in that tweet war. So Rob is defending himself. If Dan didn't want the drama he shouldn't have brought it to social media, it's none of his business anyway he wasn't the person who worked with Rob to begin with. Let a journalist write a scathing article on it.

My favorite quote from Dan is " good luck finding a writer to work with you again". Is Dan really that retarded....

Bottom line, without Rob there would be no Deadpool, or Cable. Now the Deadpool people know today is a different story, that is a shitload of writers who shaped what you are about to see in the movies... Give them all credit.

Eonan

Doer of Things
Yea, despite not liking his art style, you have to give credit to him where credit is due.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Isnt this Negasonic much different from the comics and they are trying to recreate the character ? Thought I read something a long time ago this is a revamp and it shouldnt bother anyone since she hasnt appeared much, also getting the rights or messing with the character wont affect anything